Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
For 63 years I have been proud to be a mariner,
BUT
Today I have never been more proud

The ten men stood up to their premershit  rivals and were very unlucky not to come away with a hard fought draw at least.

The fans were magnificent as well , what a day,

Lets move on and stuff the brain of Britain/s  team next week and continue our move up the table.

Thank you Michael Jolley and all the team for a very memorable day.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
TownSNAFU5
January 5, 2019, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
Against Palace and Exeter we have faced 70 odd shots at goal in away games and earned 2-2 on aggregate.  Both teams higher ranked.

We have tremendous spirit and courage with no defensive resources. This starts from Jolley.

For the rest of the season we can progress and build a solid platform for next season.  New players coming in.  Next season we could do a Leicester or Lincoln.  We have something realistic to aim for.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
Perkins
January 5, 2019, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from The Yard Dog
The problem is that VAR SHOULD have been used in EVERY FA cup tie played or not at ALL, had the game been played BP with no VAR Fox would have been still on the pitch.

Typical FA inconsistent with everything they do, more worried about the foreign viewers, than the actual suppoters who have to travel to games at ridicious times.  In my opinion the FA is ruining the whole fabric, of this once beautiful game. For what Money, its says it will plough into grassroots football. I wonder how much the FA spends on accessors each week? I can tell you how most refs and linesmans have preformed, SH-T.

I had no time for the Premiershit, its just eroding the game, managers moaing playing to many games, treating the League and FA cups with no respect. Wanting winter breaks, Christmas football in THIS country is and has been a tradition, if you don't like our football schedule, then F--k-off, or wait a minute they like the MONEY, its not about the football anymore.

I am proud to a Mariner, was not able to go today, but the players, coaching staff and the travelling black and white army were AWESOME.

UTM

This, totally agree. The BBC were debating earlier about Premiership teams devaluing the FA cup by fielding a weakened team and then what do they do ? Send out the reserve side for Match Of The Day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
Mariner93er
January 5, 2019, 11:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
Shout out to Jolley's tactics too, man marking all over the pitch. It's a tactic he used against Malmo and there's a really good video of him explaining it on youtube under coaches voice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2019, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,871
Gold Stars: 227
I thought Town where excellent today. A real shift from a team that ooze unity, attitude, application, work rate and unlike many others in professional football honesty.

Was it a sending off? Yeah probably in the circus that is the Premier league but in the context of this game and the two sides involved the “refs” should arguably not apply the letter of the law and just stick to a yellow.

To a man the players where absolutely superb and it would be unfair to single anyone above another but I do wonder if M Rose took Zaha out of his pocket before he got on the bus home.

Today we saw a glimpse of what the Premier league can offer the WWE of professional football..... Over done, false and at times stage managed.

Gutted as we deserved a draw but tonight “so proud to be GTFC”.

UTM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
toontown
January 6, 2019, 12:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Went today and so proud of the lads, what an incredible job they did defending with 10 men for so long, absolutely sensational performance. Actually started to believe we would do it, but it wasn't quite to be. Rhj, rose, hendrie, Clifton, Hess, macca, some really great performances in there. Hope we can take some of that belief and resolution into the remaining games of the season.  Come on town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
lukeo
January 6, 2019, 12:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,293
Gold Stars: 134
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
Yossarian
January 6, 2019, 12:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,091
Gold Stars: 18
Just back home (via a beer in New Cross and a Kebab in Lewisham!!) and one thing I will say is that the Palace fans were very classy - they waited until Town walked off the pitch and applauded them off.  

Great to see an almost full stadium.  Good to see cheaper tickets bringing a full stadium..

Gutted to lose but great atmosphere and life goes on......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2019, 12:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well I can't see it as a red. And from what I recall the 'free kick' just before the goal should have been awarded to us. We was robbed.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
Limerick Mariner
January 6, 2019, 12:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mariner93er
Shout out to Jolley's tactics too, man marking all over the pitch. It's a tactic he used against Malmo and there's a really good video of him explaining it on youtube under coaches voice.

Incredibly intelligent defensive display - not just man marking -Woolford, Cardwell, Harry, Hess, Thomas did a really efficient zonal job as well -"handing" over Palace players to each other and marshalling them to close down space where it mattered and letting them have the space when it didn't so they could negate the extra man.

Impressed with the Palace fans - they turned up in numbers, made some noise and applauded us off - couldn't ask for more really.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.