fishyfanny
January 5, 2019, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
On the bus.

The team today totally worked their backsides off and they should be very proud of themselves, I know I am.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 5, 2019, 7:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
You fans should be immensely proud of yourselves, watched on bet365 so no commentary, gave me goosebumps so many times you were immensely loud and together

And then the absolute best part for me was outsinging palace with ‘mariners’ while they were still celebrating their goal, bet that will make a massive difference to how the players feel right now so well done all of you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
hampshiremariner
January 5, 2019, 7:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
Again from a distance had to follow the game on the BBC website. Absolutely fantastic effort from the lads. We can hold our heads up high and need to fear no one in League 2. We need to get the injuries over with and then press on.
What is the feeling about the sending off? Was the red justified after just two minutes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
Hagrid
January 5, 2019, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Amazing performance. So proud. We battled brilliantly, and deserved a replay. The girl private in the middle atkinson saw to it that we didnt. He was a disgrace. But wel done town you were incredible
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
fishyfanny
January 5, 2019, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.91
Approval: +1,516
Gold Stars: 15
I thought at the time that it was a harsh red, but having seen a replay it's a red all day long IMHO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
Hagrid
January 5, 2019, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
No argumenrs with the red. It was the free kicks he gave all afternoon
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
MeanwoodMariner
January 5, 2019, 7:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Again from a distance had to follow the game on the BBC website. Absolutely fantastic effort from the lads. We can hold our heads up high and need to fear no one in League 2. We need to get the injuries over with and then press on.
What is the feeling about the sending off? Was the red justified after just two minutes?

Atkinson gave a yellow, why VAR is getting involved I dont know. Giving a yellow for that foul wasn't an obvious error.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
RoboCod
January 5, 2019, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Atkinson gave a yellow, why VAR is getting involved I dont know. Giving a yellow for that foul wasn't an obvious error.

VAR is doomed now, how the ref gets a better view of it than he did originally is strange. But it basically means in a VAR game that a player can request a replay for every yellow card given in the hope that the offence looks worse on a replay and a red given. How open to abuse this is will depend on the honesty(?) of current players. Can the opposite be done? Had VAR been at Wembley that day and Scott Neilson had asked for a replay would the red be rescinded and given to the opposition player for outrageous diving?
The repercussions from the Man U game are still rumbling on, God help us but VAR is actually blurring the offside rule even more. Maybe limit VAR to goal-line was-it over-the-line technology only?
And invest a little more time into making the game more honest...I don't live in much hope...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 7:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

The foul was correctly deemed to be a red card offence
VAR overruled the yellow card decision which was incorrect-that's the purpose of the system.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
Stadium
January 5, 2019, 8:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from RoboCod

VAR is doomed now, how the ref gets a better view of it than he did originally is strange. But it basically means in a VAR game that a player can request a replay for every yellow card given in the hope that the offence looks worse on a replay and a red given. How open to abuse this is will depend on the honesty(?) of current players. Can the opposite be done? Had VAR been at Wembley that day and Scott Neilson had asked for a replay would the red be rescinded and given to the opposition player for outrageous diving?
The repercussions from the Man U game are still rumbling on, God help us but VAR is actually blurring the offside rule even more. Maybe limit VAR to goal-line was-it over-the-line technology only?
And invest a little more time into making the game more honest...I don't live in much hope...

The player didn't request a replay & the ref cant request one.
VAR would have contacted the ref to inform him of the red card offence.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.