21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 9, 2018, 10:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I must’ve missed that Cloudy. Good news for them. Hope they continue to build on that. Should mean they can spend more on the squad unless they’ve got major works to fund.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-fc-debt-free-back-8545328

They are getting decent crowds now too,
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2018, 10:51am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Cheers Cloudy.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 208
pen penfras
November 9, 2018, 2:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71

I must’ve missed that Cloudy. Good news for them. Hope they continue to build on that. Should mean they can spend more on the squad unless they’ve got major works to fund.

Their stadium is owned by the university who pay for all works on it as well as a lot of matchday expenses ie stewards and turnstile staff. That must give them a fairly substantial boost to their playing budget vs other clubs who have to pay for their facilities and staff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2018, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Their stadium is owned by the university who pay for all works on it as well as a lot of matchday expenses ie stewards and turnstile staff. That must give them a fairly substantial boost to their playing budget vs other clubs who have to pay for their facilities and staff.

There's a university in Wrexham?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 208
pen penfras
November 10, 2018, 7:59am

Cocktail Drinker

There's a university in Wrexham?  

I think it's called Glyndwr University. Don't think it's very big, but got a fair few buildings around the football stadium. I think there's a load of astro pitches that they use for training sometimes too.

Not quite sure why this is a red cross situation, one of their directors told me this on a train to Wembley a few years back when we were on the same connection in Crewe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 208
Cloudy
November 10, 2018, 8:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I thought, but ciuld be wrong, that the Wrexham Supporters Group took back the stadium ownership fron the Uni approx 2 /3 years ago with the Uni still owning the training ground???
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 208
Grim74
November 10, 2018, 8:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Come on town please win today can’t bare reading anymore of this excrement.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 208
pen penfras
November 10, 2018, 8:20am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
I thought, but ciuld be wrong, that the Wrexham Supporters Group took back the stadium ownership fron the Uni approx 2 /3 years ago with the Uni still owning the training ground???

Looks like you're partly correct. In August 2016, Wrexham were given a 99 year lease of the stadium to take "operational control", whatever that means. I don't know if that means they're paying all costs now, or the uni still contribute something.

However you look at it, it's a huge advantage to have somebody buy your stadium, run it for 5 years without you picking up the tab, then give it back to you for free.

Also seems like the university invested heavily in it during their ownership according to wikipedia
Quoted Text
On 19 May 2014, work began at the Racecourse,[8] this included; a new pitch and sprinkler system, changing rooms for players and officials. The medical and treatment facilities will also be upgraded, together with improved seating for disabled supporters, better floodlighting and removal of cambers at the ‘Kop’ end of the ground. The results mean the stadium has been reclassified to Category 3 level, meaning it will be able to host international football matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2018, 11:09am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

I think it's called Glyndwr University. Don't think it's very big, but got a fair few buildings around the football stadium. I think there's a load of astro pitches that they use for training sometimes too.

Not quite sure why this is a red cross situation, one of their directors told me this on a train to Wembley a few years back when we were on the same connection in Crewe.

Me neither pp. There’s obviously a few 12 year old lurkers, or people with 12 year olds’ level of maturity. And not very bright 12 year olds either.

Why did the uni do that? What was in it for them I wonder.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.