Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 137 Guests

Dear Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 20,509 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 4, 2018, 2:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If the sale price is sensible I think a buyer would be found BUT what’s the price .. as that info ever been divulged ?

Fenty has said he is willing to wait for his money if the investor could put new money into the club but could not pay him off as well.

That was what John told me ( when he was talking to me )  

I think the total he wants and that is only my guess is £2+ million in loans and £1 . 4   mullion in shares,

I suppose if they did not buy his shares he would want to stay on the board.

So we need a person with loads of money to spare.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 208
MarinerWY
November 4, 2018, 3:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,940
Gold Stars: 45
The idea to create a poll completely underestimates the complexities involved in designing representative surveys which produce reliable data. There's a reason why noone reports on Twitter and Facebook polls, it has a self-respecting reach. There's also a reason why professional polling organisations charge a lot to commission, as they spend a lot of time thinking about sample size, identifying participants, ensuring demographic representation, the wording of the questions asked etc.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 208
Stadium
November 4, 2018, 3:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from 1542
JFs money may well have kept the Club afloat (and that I am thankful for) however, it’s onviously JFs money and he seems to want it all back? How many owners get all their money back? You don’t buy a brand new car, have it 29 years and get all the money back that you paid for tax, servicing, insurance, repairs etc. It just doesn’t happen like that.

My concern is that he is dragging the Club down because it would appear that he wants every penny returned and therefore the asking price is totally untenable for any prospective buyer.

I also note that the Peaks Parkway that appears to have lost it’s momentum is a project that he saw as a ‘Cash Cow’ and a pension. Freemo might not be as lucrative to him but it would be for the regeneration of the Town.

Honestly, it’s time to go and let someone else have a shout and, if he is a fan like I think he is, cut some of those losses so the Club can be more attractive for purchase.

???
Why wouldn't he expect the loans to be payed back-certainty all business minded people would expect that.
Tbf Gy Pete has quoted him saying he would wait if new investors were found.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 208
Bigdog
November 4, 2018, 3:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

FFS how many times has JF said that he wants out and will sell if the right offer comes along ie gets back what the club owes in loans.
Too many people forget that when a certain local supermarket owner left the Board he wanted his loans back there and then, and was quite prepared to see the club go bust as long as he got his money.
What more can JF do to sell the club? Maybe you advocate putting it in the classified adverts in a national newspaper. There is a lot of bile aimed at JF , and I understand and agree with a lot of the issues but  how many of his detractors on here would just write off such a large sum of money that had been used to keep a business afloat. Regardless of whether you agree with how we got to this situation the fact remains that JF's money has kept the club afloat. We hear so much about people would invest in the club if JF wasn't there but surely those same people would then buy him out and then run the club themselves. Mike Parker is mentioned on here a lot in respect to this situation but he could have bought JF out and run the show himself.

This isn't in question is it? It's the amount of people he's said it to. A few blokes in a room at a Fan's Forum or secretly filmed on a phone? That's hardly gonna get the job done is it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 208
Gaffer58
November 4, 2018, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
What about Robles, was he brought in for this season or as one for the future, if it's the first than surely questions have to be asked of certain people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 208
rancido
November 4, 2018, 4:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from H19P1

Let’s instigate an official poll and show the results in and on every media source available. We need to put our thoughts by simply answering YES or NO to the poll question. The results will give the clear indication of what the fans want and crank up the heat on the board.

All this dedate is all well and good but it doesn’t go to the places that needs it. An Official Poll is what’s required to start the potential change in leadership.

Until then we’ll just go around in circles like we have for many years now. Let’s try something different but at the right time

I'm assuming by " let's " you mean let us? If that's the case and you feel so strongly about this course of action then instead of " let's " you could say " I " and you can start the ball rolling.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 208
arryarryarry
November 4, 2018, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

FFS how many times has JF said that he wants out and will sell if the right offer comes along ie gets back what the club owes in loans. Too many people forget that when a certain local supermarket owner left the Board he wanted his loans back there and then, and was quite prepared to see the club go bust as long as he got his money.
What more can JF do to sell the club? Maybe you advocate putting it in the classified adverts in a national newspaper. There is a lot of bile aimed at JF , and I understand and agree with a lot of the issues but  how many of his detractors on here would just write off such a large sum of money that had been used to keep a business afloat. Regardless of whether you agree with how we got to this situation the fact remains that JF's money has kept the club afloat. We hear so much about people would invest in the club if JF wasn't there but surely those same people would then buy him out and then run the club themselves. Mike Parker is mentioned on here a lot in respect to this situation but he could have bought JF out and run the show himself.

He should write off his loans against the £3 million the club lost by dropping out of the Football League under his charge.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from arryarryarry

He should write off his loans against the £3 million the club lost by dropping out of the Football League under his charge.

What he should do and what he will do are two completely different things. It's clear he believes we should be grateful to still have a football club.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 208
rancido
November 4, 2018, 4:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from 1542
JFs money may well have kept the Club afloat (and that I am thankful for) however, it’s onviously JFs money and he seems to want it all back? How many owners get all their money back? You don’t buy a brand new car, have it 29 years and get all the money back that you paid for tax, servicing, insurance, repairs etc. It just doesn’t happen like that.

My concern is that he is dragging the Club down because it would appear that he wants every penny returned and therefore the asking price is totally untenable for any prospective buyer.

I also note that the Peaks Parkway that appears to have lost it’s momentum is a project that he saw as a ‘Cash Cow’ and a pension. Freemo might not be as lucrative to him but it would be for the regeneration of the Town.

Honestly, it’s time to go and let someone else have a shout and, if he is a fan like I think he is, cut some of those losses so the Club can be more attractive for purchase.

Let it usually works in housing and most businesses are sold at a profit. Isn't that how JF accumulated his wealth in the first place with 5 Star.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 208
arryarryarry
November 4, 2018, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 140348

I know but who are these people who would come  in to replace Fenty and the board and save GTFC by splashing the cash.?

Do you have to splash the cash, we are talking about how the club is run and whoever you want to run the club there is no getting away from the fact that this club has been badly run for over 15 years and the buck has to stop somewhere.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.