Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 95 Guests

Dear Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 20,649 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
November 4, 2018, 9:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the Trust undersells itself Ian - most of the most sensible stuff I've seen from the club in the last 5 years has come from members of the Trust and I genuinely believe that, given the opportunity, the Trust could & would recruit the skills needed to run the club.

I know I rattle on about Newport but, according to my friend on Newport's board, this was one of the things that scared them. But now, they've all found their own little niche and are making a success of it because they have a passion for their club.

Quoted from Shoeless Joe Jackson

If you build it, he will come...

Private Message
Reply: 130 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2018, 9:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

Wondered how long it would be..As someone who spent a lifetime working in the public sector I can assure you that I possess none of the business acumen, experience or indeed the skills needed to run a professional football club. I would be quite happy to work for whoever took on the role if my services were requested. There's a difference between putting your head above the parapet and walking into no-mans land.

I was saying what you normally say and hinting that that’s regrettable. Why are you so touchy about that?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2018, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
PS and where has the ‘business acumen’ and private sector experience of the club’s directors got us Barra? You could hardly do worse.

PPS a community owned football club would have more in common with a publicly accountable public service organisation than a fish merchant business anyway.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner
PS and where has the ‘business acumen’ and private sector experience of the club’s directors got us Barra? You could hardly do worse.

PPS a community owned football club would have more in common with a publicly accountable public service organisation than a fish merchant business anyway.

More than that, a club run by the fans for the fans would bring hundreds if not thousands back through the turnstiles.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 208
Ipswin
November 4, 2018, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

More than that, a club run by the fans for the fans would bring hundreds if not thousands back through the turnstiles.

Not if the team is once again relegated from the football league due to crap players and manager being signed on the cheap

It matters not who owns or runs the club  if it fails on the pitch, and it will continue to fail unless a large amount of money is injected and however great the increased attendances are because the Trust in in charge will still not do that

Better to ask Fenty to double his benign loan

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin

Not if the team is once again relegated from the football league due to crap players and manager being signed on the cheap

It matters not who owns or runs the club  if it fails on the pitch, and it will continue to fail unless a large amount of money is injected and however great the increased attendances are because the Trust in in charge will still not do that

Better to ask Fenty to double his benign loan

Have a bit of vision Swin - I accept it might be a pipe dream but our club in a new stadium run by people who want success rather than a return on investment, engaging with the community - even an old curmudgeon like you might forgive the odd wrong decision here & there.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 208
promotion plaice
November 4, 2018, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,039
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Have a bit of vision Swin - I accept it might be a pipe dream but our club in a new stadium run by people who want success rather than a return on investment, engaging with the community - even an old curmudgeon like you might forgive the odd wrong decision here & there.

Must admit I had to google it...

curmudgeon
a bad-tempered or surly person.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 208
barralad
November 4, 2018, 10:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I was saying what you normally say and hinting that that’s regrettable. Why are you so touchy about that?

Not touchy..just resolute

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 208
golfer
November 5, 2018, 7:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 115
The council seem to want the final say on the proposed new stadium. I wonder what would happen if the Conservatives become the governing body and Mr. J.S.F. became the Council Leader.   Would the Toll Bar traffic lights be reverted back to a roundabout and the Stadium built at Great Coates.    Only joking  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 208
1mickylyons
November 5, 2018, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56

I am surprised, no amazed, no gobsmacked there has not been a concerted "Fenty out" chant at home games. I cannot believe the majority of home fans are happy with his regime, and its running of the club.

I must be wrong though, as bar pockets of Fenty out chants there has been a deafening silence from the majority.

I thought the tide would change when Woods had his ridiculous run and the board kept him on; I thought the tide would turn when we went down; I thought the tide would turn when we spent 6 years in non-league but still the majority at home games seem to sit there unmoved.  

I don't know what the answer is, perhaps people have been fed the idea so often that if it wasn't for Fenty we would not have a club at all.

The trouble with large swathes of the fanbase chanting Fenty Out during games is what impact will it have on the team and management? During his tenure we are barring the 6 non leagues years inevitably battling for survival in League 2 and I think most fans are fearful of making things even worse by having a pop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.