Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Dear Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 20,503 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
November 4, 2018, 11:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Have we advertised in China and the far east that our club is up for sale,?

We have our local council urging us to build our new stadium in Freeman St,

Get in now and put your own idea:s in place and enjoy the ride from the bottom of L2 up to the Premiereship and beyond,

If you have money to invest and want to have your own club in England can you afford not to invest in the club that has 140 years of history.

OR

Did we just say    does anybody want to buy GTFC on the internet.?

Not a bad idea that Pete or even somewhere like India they seem awash with money these days, must be all that foreign aid we keep sending them.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2018, 12:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 140348

I know but who are these people who would come  in to replace Fenty and the board and save GTFC by splashing the cash.?

We've got about the 8th best attendances in League 2, yet we're constantly at the bottom end of the division. The situation was similar in the seasons before we got relegated in 2010. We don't need anyone to splash the cash. We need someone to run the club on a much better basis, someone who doesn't alienate all and sundry, someone capable of bringing people together. Crowds will rise. Income will rise. More people will be willing to become engaged in the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 208
Grim74
November 4, 2018, 12:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We've got about the 8th best attendances in League 2, yet we're constantly at the bottom end of the division. The situation was similar in the seasons before we got relegated in 2010. We don't need anyone to splash the cash. We need someone to run the club on a much better basis, someone who doesn't alienate all and sundry, someone capable of bringing people together. Crowds will rise. Income will rise. More people will be willing to become engaged in the club.

I hate the fact that budget usually dictates your league position, but then I think back to Buckley and remember what an amazing job he did, also worth looking at Notts County I’m guessing they have one of if not the biggest budget in the league.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 208
dapperz fun pub
November 4, 2018, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Like all business in the end fresh eyes new ideas are always needed to keep moving forward , unfortunately we have no ideas and clouded eyes running the show. Without change we are finished I genuinely think we could fall much further than the conference , other similar sized teams in better so called locations have gone this way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 4, 2018, 1:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Like all business in the end fresh eyes new ideas are always needed to keep moving forward , unfortunately we have no ideas and clouded eyes running the show. Without change we are finished I genuinely think we could fall much further than the conference , other similar sized teams in better so called locations have gone this way

It is as simple as that I think. 17 years is an awfully long time to run a football club; he may have started off brimming with ideas, creative ways to make money, to improve our standing and to build a new stadium but he has absolutely nothing to show for those dreams.

Now the whole club is in a time warp - unable to go forward because there are no new faces or ideas to drive the thing along. It is stale, predictable and even on match days, boring.

These are critical times - if this season goes belly up again as you say we could be looking at a very bleak future. This should not be happening with such a well supported club.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think there are plenty with ideas that realise that there's nothing they can do about it. Everything about the club is stale and needs way more than a lick of paint to put it right - there is no impetus from within to make things better and all we see from the outside is someone trying to claw back his investment.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 208
rancido
November 4, 2018, 2:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I don’t believe for one minute no one is interested in our club at all its about time Fenty put us up for sale officially

FFS how many times has JF said that he wants out and will sell if the right offer comes along ie gets back what the club owes in loans. Too many people forget that when a certain local supermarket owner left the Board he wanted his loans back there and then, and was quite prepared to see the club go bust as long as he got his money.
What more can JF do to sell the club? Maybe you advocate putting it in the classified adverts in a national newspaper. There is a lot of bile aimed at JF , and I understand and agree with a lot of the issues but  how many of his detractors on here would just write off such a large sum of money that had been used to keep a business afloat. Regardless of whether you agree with how we got to this situation the fact remains that JF's money has kept the club afloat. We hear so much about people would invest in the club if JF wasn't there but surely those same people would then buy him out and then run the club themselves. Mike Parker is mentioned on here a lot in respect to this situation but he could have bought JF out and run the show himself.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 208
dapperz fun pub
November 4, 2018, 2:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think there are plenty with ideas that realise that there's nothing they can do about it. Everything about the club is stale and needs way more than a lick of paint to put it right - there is no impetus from within to make things better and all we see from the outside is someone trying to claw back his investment.

Without doubt the club is stale but other than do a Blackpool and boycot to force the board out what can we do ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 208
dapperz fun pub
November 4, 2018, 2:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

FFS how many times has JF said that he wants out and will sell if the right offer comes along ie gets back what the club owes in loans. Too many people forget that when a certain local supermarket owner left the Board he wanted his loans back there and then, and was quite prepared to see the club go bust as long as he got his money.
What more can JF do to sell the club? Maybe you advocate putting it in the classified adverts in a national newspaper. There is a lot of bile aimed at JF , and I understand and agree with a lot of the issues but  how many of his detractors on here would just write off such a large sum of money that had been used to keep a business afloat. Regardless of whether you agree with how we got to this situation the fact remains that JF's money has kept the club afloat. We hear so much about people would invest in the club if JF wasn't there but surely those same people would then buy him out and then run the club themselves. Mike Parker is mentioned on here a lot in respect to this situation but he could have bought JF out and run the show himself.

If the sale price is sensible I think a buyer would be found BUT what’s the price .. as that info ever been divulged ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 208
November 4, 2018, 2:45pm
Guest User
JFs money may well have kept the Club afloat (and that I am thankful for) however, it’s onviously JFs money and he seems to want it all back? How many owners get all their money back? You don’t buy a brand new car, have it 29 years and get all the money back that you paid for tax, servicing, insurance, repairs etc. It just doesn’t happen like that.

My concern is that he is dragging the Club down because it would appear that he wants every penny returned and therefore the asking price is totally untenable for any prospective buyer.

I also note that the Peaks Parkway that appears to have lost it’s momentum is a project that he saw as a ‘Cash Cow’ and a pension. Freemo might not be as lucrative to him but it would be for the regeneration of the Town.

Honestly, it’s time to go and let someone else have a shout and, if he is a fan like I think he is, cut some of those losses so the Club can be more attractive for purchase.
Reply: 109 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.