KingstonMariner
May 30, 2018, 11:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

I suppose it is pointless asking you to back up your claims about the Trust chairman with anything resembling facts Aaron. The Trust Board were unanimous in their opposition to the Checkatrade Trophy. Just in case that doesn't register unanimous means everyone. Thank you for your comments about the minutes. I'm assuming that you will be contacting us directly offering your considerable expertise for the production of any subsequent sets of minutes. It would be really useful for us to have the services of a dedicated minute taker so the rest of us can get on with negotiating with the club for the introduction of a variety of incentives to improve the match day experience for the people we represent such as an exile loyalty scheme, incentives for people who cannot attend enough matches to make it viable for them to purchase a season ticket, improvements for disabled supporters-not just of GTFC but of those of clubs who visit us, and others. There are people who regularly post on here who know first hand of some of the huge amount of work being undertaken in these areas.

I'm sure many people appreciate the hard work, and the difficulty of producing informative, succinct minutes which represent what was discussed/agreed. And that it would be unproductive to have to keep looking over your shoulder to make sure you're not stirring up a hornet's nest.

However, wouldn't a simple statement reiterating the Trust Board's unanimous opposition to the Checkatrade Trophy have done the job, now if not in the minutes? And that the Trust Board isn't hoping that MJ will somehow spin things to prepare the ground for a 180 degree turn? Could have cleared this up very quickly.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 133
Davec
May 31, 2018, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from barralad

I suppose it is pointless asking you to back up your claims about the Trust chairman with anything resembling facts Aaron. The Trust Board were unanimous in their opposition to the Checkatrade Trophy. Just in case that doesn't register unanimous means everyone. Thank you for your comments about the minutes. I'm assuming that you will be contacting us directly offering your considerable expertise for the production of any subsequent sets of minutes. It would be really useful for us to have the services of a dedicated minute taker so the rest of us can get on with negotiating with the club for the introduction of a variety of incentives to improve the match day experience for the people we represent such as an exile loyalty scheme, incentives for people who cannot attend enough matches to make it viable for them to purchase a season ticket, improvements for disabled supporters-not just of GTFC but of those of clubs who visit us, and others. There are people who regularly post on here who know first hand of some of the huge amount of work being undertaken in these areas.

I can back up the Alan Rutter comments with facts

Remember the fans forum where there was a big debate about the checkatrade and fenty told us how 2 club representatives went to Portugal to meet with the EFL? Alan Rutter perked up in that fans forum and he said that anybody who disagrees with the checkatrade trophy is missing the point and he was off the opinion that it's a good idea for senior players at premiership clubs to use it to recover from injury...

There you go, they are facts, I can't remember if the forum was broadcast on YouTube or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 133
Cloudy
May 31, 2018, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Davec

Remember the fans forum where there was a big debate about the checkatrade and fenty told us how 2 club representatives went to Portugal to meet with the EFL? Alan Rutter perked up in that fans forum and he said that anybody who disagrees with the checkatrade trophy is missing the point and he was off the opinion that it's a good idea for senior players at premiership clubs to use it to recover from injury...

There you go, they are facts, I can't remember if the forum was broadcast on YouTube or not.

I don't go, and have no plans to go to any Checkertrade trophy games BUT Mr Rutter and anyone else has the right of an opinion.  Just because he is part of the Trust doesn't mean he has to change his opinion.

The issue is that The Trust had said they are against the Checkertrade Trophy. End of discussion for me but some want to find anything to beat the Trust with.

People post about The Trust being in the pocket of JF and being puppets. How do they KNOW? They don't!

What if the meeting with SD was about removing themselves from the Club board, handing back the bars or launching a takeover bid? Wouldn't it be best to seek advice from a professional group with access to people skilled and experienced in such areas? If legal issues are involved they won't be able to go public until advised to do so.

I don't know what is going on, but it seems other than Barralad, nor does anyone else except for those making things up.

I am very frustrated about the time that has elapsed since the survey but it could be that there are perfectly acceptable reasons for that just as it may be that they just don't want to rock the boat and don't intend acting on the results.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 133
Davec
May 31, 2018, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Is everybody on the board is in agreement the meetings could be voice recorded and then whoever writes the minutes can actively take part in meetings without fear of missing anything , that way when they get round to writing up the minutes they could provide a useful insight into who said what.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 133
1mickylyons
May 31, 2018, 8:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm sure many people appreciate the hard work, and the difficulty of producing informative, succinct minutes which represent what was discussed/agreed. And that it would be unproductive to have to keep looking over your shoulder to make sure you're not stirring up a hornet's nest.

However, wouldn't a simple statement reiterating the Trust Board's unanimous opposition to the Checkatrade Trophy have done the job, now if not in the minutes? And that the Trust Board isn't hoping that MJ will somehow spin things to prepare the ground for a 180 degree turn? Could have cleared this up very quickly.

Reading many of the replies on here I am not sure people really do appreciate the Trust or the effort and time volunteers put in to try and make things better? Yes of course they get things wrong BUT they are at the very least trying to make a lot of off field wrongs to right on our behalf.Last week a Monday Night after a full day at work 3 Trust Reps met some supporters who expressed many of the same concerns voiced here basically these supporters challenged (not sure if that`s the right word but) them to come and speak face to face.This meeting lasted 3 hours and wrapped up at 9pm and the only thing the Trust guys got was another load of work to follow up.They didn`t seem to mind ,they seemed to accept this was their role in trying to help the Club move forward off the field? The supporters got some answers but not all of them,they got assurances questions would be asked and answers would follow.I was one of those supporters I am not known for my patience but it was an eye opener just how difficult these people have it when it comes to trying to effect change on our behalf. I didn`t want to BUT I ended up offering to help in any way I can.The Trust might not be perfect but for those that want change this is the best available option to seek it.Regarding the Trust Board if it`s p1ss weak or you don`t like one of them etc vote them off but be prepared to stand up and be counted.We all can criticise but can we do any better?  The fans of this football club are the very best and they have proved it time and again Pontoon Stand,Joe Waters,Ivano Bonetti and OP off the field and sold out away ends virtually everywhere we go.The fans are the only ones that can drive this Club forward and the way to do that is fill the ground back the team and manager.The MT have a membership on or around 25% of the average gate so the other 75% need to get on board then you will have some sway.The problems from last season can`t be brushed under the carpet they run too deep however to get the best from what we do have we must bypass these and move on .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 133
Cloudy
May 31, 2018, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Interesting, thanks for posting 1ML
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 133
psgmariner
May 31, 2018, 8:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Great post 1ml.

Private Message
Reply: 66 - 133
barralad
May 31, 2018, 9:19am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec

Someone's personal recollection of something that allegedly happened almost three years ago doesn't tend to constitute a hard fact but we are into semantics now. The fact remains that the Trust Board at the time registered their opposition to the Checkatrade Trophy in the GTFC boardroom via their two representatives. That opposition was renewed for the 17/18 season.
For anyone to construe from that that anyone on the Trust Board then or now is in the pocket of Mr Fenty is unsupportable by facts.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 133
ska face
May 31, 2018, 9:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Come on now, it’s not like Aaron has made himself a reputation for being a compulsive liar is it?  
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 133
cmackenzie4
May 31, 2018, 9:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Reading many of the replies on here I am not sure people really do appreciate the Trust or the effort and time volunteers put in to try and make things better? Yes of course they get things wrong BUT they are at the very least trying to make a lot of off field wrongs to right on our behalf.Last week a Monday Night after a full day at work 3 Trust Reps met some supporters who expressed many of the same concerns voiced here basically these supporters challenged (not sure if that`s the right word but) them to come and speak face to face.This meeting lasted 3 hours and wrapped up at 9pm and the only thing the Trust guys got was another load of work to follow up.They didn`t seem to mind ,they seemed to accept this was their role in trying to help the Club move forward off the field? The supporters got some answers but not all of them,they got assurances questions would be asked and answers would follow.I was one of those supporters I am not known for my patience but it was an eye opener just how difficult these people have it when it comes to trying to effect change on our behalf. I didn`t want to BUT I ended up offering to help in any way I can.The Trust might not be perfect but for those that want change this is the best available option to seek it.Regarding the Trust Board if it`s p1ss weak or you don`t like one of them etc vote them off but be prepared to stand up and be counted.We all can criticise but can we do any better?  The fans of this football club are the very best and they have proved it time and again Pontoon Stand,Joe Waters,Ivano Bonetti and OP off the field and sold out away ends virtually everywhere we go.The fans are the only ones that can drive this Club forward and the way to do that is fill the ground back the team and manager.The MT have a membership on or around 25% of the average gate so the other 75% need to get on board then you will have some sway.The problems from last season can`t be brushed under the carpet they run too deep however to get the best from what we do have we must bypass these and move on .UTM

Spot on!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.