SteffiMariner
June 1, 2018, 8:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Caesar

And why we are having it here, this you know being a forum where we discuss matters about Grimsby and the Trust positions being one of the important things about Grimsby at the moment. The survey showed a large majority wanted it renegotiated but there seems to be a small leadership group within the Trust who will not countenance any such moves (and I concede this may be a misinterpretion). As I said before I hope I am just being annoying because I am impatient and expecting things to move quicker than they do in reality.

I would think that the renegotiation was due to not knowing that the £30K comes from the bars and would, as previously said, be received by the club any way. Yes, the club could reduce the amount and the "savings" made by the Trust could be directed elsewhere, though I personally think the deal is good for all. I would anticipate that there would be around 23 other supports trusts that would bite the hand off their board if they were allowed to run the club bars for £30K and get a seat on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 133
Caesar
June 1, 2018, 8:24am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I would think that the renegotiation was due to not knowing that the £30K comes from the bars and would, as previously said, be received by the club any way. Yes, the club could reduce the amount and the "savings" made by the Trust could be directed elsewhere, though I personally think the deal is good for all. I would anticipate that there would be around 23 other supports trusts that would bite the hand off their board if they were allowed to run the club bars for £30K and get a seat on the board.

Doubt Exeter's trust would agree with you there.

Would also argue those supporters trusts might think differently if they had to deal with John Fenty and the GTFC board who seem incapable of admitting any mistakes despite making many and listening without responding to concerns.

But get Micky's point that it is a long process and some patience is needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 133
Todmorden Mariner
June 1, 2018, 8:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +72
Have you any news on the exile membership scheme Mr Fenty mentioned after the Forest Green Game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 133
1mickylyons
June 1, 2018, 9:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
This debate shows why The Fishy is vital for collating information whether you agree or not with other`s points of view several people have put forward some very good points of discussion.The London Mariner`s for example they have been around for as long as I can remember and over the year`s have done some great stuff but for many Grimbarians like myself I never took much notice. However due to the numbers we are talking it would be great to see them form up and be in effect an Exiles branch of the MT.Town`s away fixtures in London over the year`s even midweek have often been swelled by 200+ extra away fans. We could co-ordinate ticket collections for key games in London or home games where the postage becomes a problem like the Xmas fixtures on there behalf. Like wise when Town are in London area we could get these guys to source a pub and make the day an event. Nobody else is going to come in and help GTFC and clearly an awful lot of fan`s have now had enough of JF . No easy answer`s BUT it`s up to us the GTFC fan base to pull ourselves together however we can and make the Club a success instead of sitting back moaning and pointing the finger at Fenty. Yes we know it`s mostly his fault and we should not simply forgive and forget or rollover and accept our fate. Town fans are like the 300 Spartans small in number but prepared fight to the death for the badge and we like our player`s to be that way and we back them.We are the one`s to put this Club back where it belongs nobody else is interested.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 133
1mickylyons
June 1, 2018, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Todmorden Mariner
Have you any news on the exile membership scheme Mr Fenty mentioned after the Forest Green Game?

I understand due to holiday`s a meeting took place only yesterday and the Club had some proposals put to them to mull over presumably the exiles scheme would have been part of this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 133
grimsby pete
June 1, 2018, 11:59am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
The way I look at things is, the club owns  the bars but get the trust to run them for the club,

In doing so they get a seat on the board,

If they make more than £30,000 then they keep that amount for other things ie  printing of membership cards ect.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 133
KingstonMariner
June 2, 2018, 12:10am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons
This debate shows why The Fishy is vital for collating information whether you agree or not with other`s points of view several people have put forward some very good points of discussion.The London Mariner`s for example they have been around for as long as I can remember and over the year`s have done some great stuff but for many Grimbarians like myself I never took much notice. However due to the numbers we are talking it would be great to see them form up and be in effect an Exiles branch of the MT.Town`s away fixtures in London over the year`s even midweek have often been swelled by 200+ extra away fans. We could co-ordinate ticket collections for key games in London or home games where the postage becomes a problem like the Xmas fixtures on there behalf. Like wise when Town are in London area we could get these guys to source a pub and make the day an event. Nobody else is going to come in and help GTFC and clearly an awful lot of fan`s have now had enough of JF . No easy answer`s BUT it`s up to us the GTFC fan base to pull ourselves together however we can and make the Club a success instead of sitting back moaning and pointing the finger at Fenty. Yes we know it`s mostly his fault and we should not simply forgive and forget or rollover and accept our fate. Town fans are like the 300 Spartans small in number but prepared fight to the death for the badge and we like our player`s to be that way and we back them.We are the one`s to put this Club back where it belongs nobody else is interested.UTM

Good post Micky and some good suggestions. It's in our hands how we act and react.

There's nothing to stop a bunch of people getting together and forming say a London group, or Manchester group or [insert big city name]; deciding on an agenda and then contacting the Trust rather than say waiting for the Trust to call for it. Like a couple of blokes did in the late 90s with It's a Grim Exile.

Ask not what your Trust can do for you, but what you can do for your Trust. To coin a phrase.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 133
KingstonMariner
June 2, 2018, 12:11am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
The way I look at things is, the club owns  the bars but get the trust to run them for the club,

In doing so they get a seat on the board,

If they make more than £30,000 then they keep that amount for other things ie  printing of membership cards ect.

PMSL

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 133
1mickylyons
June 3, 2018, 6:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Good post Micky and some good suggestions. It's in our hands how we act and react.

There's nothing to stop a bunch of people getting together and forming say a London group, or Manchester group or [insert big city name]; deciding on an agenda and then contacting the Trust rather than say waiting for the Trust to call for it. Like a couple of blokes did in the late 90s with It's a Grim Exile.

Ask not what your Trust can do for you, but what you can do for your Trust. To coin a phrase.

Spot on KM that`s exactly what I personally think is needed from the Exiles.It would get them far more involved which would benefit all parties all of the time.Sadly the vast majority of local Town fans are far more likely to just rock up at the games and support the Club on the day than be interested in all the off field stuff.GTFC have been guilty for a long time even if not intentionally taking the exiles for granted and it`s only when we have a Wembley game or something you realise just how many Town fans there actually are dotted about.The Mariner`s Trust needs taking up a level or two and that means fresh idea`s but more importantly Help.Come on exiles get on board and help drive a Promotion push .UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 133
KingstonMariner
June 3, 2018, 11:15am
Meths Drinker
Any other London exiles up for this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.