Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
The club is poorly run ...
No new stadium just talk and bluster
Was non league for 6 years a disgrace imo
Farcical manager appointments ( I have faith in MJ though )
Constant bickering with local media
Constant bickering with fans
We let proven players leave to shitte clubs
No promotion in 2 decades I don’t count non league
We need change without change expect more of the same even if MJ can work some magic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 133
ska face
June 5, 2018, 8:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Just think about the bit in bold Pete - we don't owe anybody but JF means that effectively he can do what he wants and neither The Trust nor anyone else can do anything about it.

That’s just not even close to being true is it? If anything, it’s the complete opposite.

The issue is with getting fans to understand the power that [i]they[/] have. All this bullshit rhetoric about Fenty getting his hands in his pockets and Fenty increasing the playing budget is exactly that - bullshit. It’s the fans who put the money into this club, whether through season tickets or merchandise and even commercially, without the fans the club is dead and Fenty’s loans are just numbers on a bit of paper.

The fans hold the cards and Fenty’s a very lucky man in the fact that we have a lot of loyal fans who he had been able to take advantage of, I’m not sure he’d be given such an easy ride at other clubs.

I’m not expecting the Trust to suddenly turn militant, unfortunately, but collectively we have the ability to hold the club to account. 400 people in a rainy car park effectively pushed Slade out last year despite him being Fenty’s mate, just imagine what 4000 engaged and active Trust members could achieve.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 133
1mickylyons
June 5, 2018, 8:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from diehardmariner
Split the fan base in the sense that there is more talk around attacking/defending the Trust than there is around how badly run the actual club is.

As bad as it was in the dark days of January/February, it felt that the vast majority were behind three common causes.  Firstly get rid of Slade, secondly achieve league survival and finally remove Fenty from the club.  The first was achieved, to help achieve the second aim most put the third issue to the side.  

Despite our survival and the fact we've got a good manager in post who actually looks like he will take us forward on the pitch, the third objective still should be a priority.  The club is badly run and without change we'll never really progress, if anything we'll continue to go backwards.    

By focusing attentions on the pluses and minuses of the Trust, Fenty is managing to dodge that third bullet.

I completely agree regards the Trust needing 50% minimum of the support behind a common objective and mandate.  We're miles from that at the minute.

The Trust are miles away from that dhm BUT from the recent dialogue I have had my understanding is they have recognised that and are looking into putting it right? The other key point is when we hear people say how badly run the Club is I can tell you 100% Dave Roberts and his team will look into and seek answers especially if it`s something that can be easily fixed. They are trying to do the right thing for us the supporters and win the easy fixes first whilst the bigger things will take time but they are none the less on the to do list.All this work takes a lot of time and at the end of the day these guys are volunteers trying there best to make things better I would urge all fans to get behind them,support them,help them and thank them. Whatever criticism gets thrown at the MT they do have the ear of the football club and if/when the two parties can work together it`s got to benefit us the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 133
1mickylyons
June 5, 2018, 9:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ska face

That’s just not even close to being true is it? If anything, it’s the complete opposite.

The issue is with getting fans to understand the power that [i]they[/] have. All this bullshit rhetoric about Fenty getting his hands in his pockets and Fenty increasing the playing budget is exactly that - bullshit. It’s the fans who put the money into this club, whether through season tickets or merchandise and even commercially, without the fans the club is dead and Fenty’s loans are just numbers on a bit of paper.

The fans hold the cards and Fenty’s a very lucky man in the fact that we have a lot of loyal fans who he had been able to take advantage of, I’m not sure he’d be given such an easy ride at other clubs.

I’m not expecting the Trust to suddenly turn militant, unfortunately, but collectively we have the ability to hold the club to account. 400 people in a rainy car park effectively pushed Slade out last year despite him being Fenty’s mate, just imagine what 4000 engaged and active Trust members could achieve.

Spot on assessment this. GTFC had 3k ST holders last season which will have stuck roughly 1M quid in the pot then the floating fans will have added another 0.5M over the Season.This Season it will be the same that financial support is unconditional the fan`s don`t quibble they cough up season after season.If THAT support got engaged with the Trust the board would have to toe the line or run the real risk of being run out the Club.People view JF  having the fan base in his grip and that`s simply not true the fans are far more powerful than they realise you only have to look at the waves from the checkatrade. We need to pull together though if we ever want to be successful and we need to realise it`s GTFC V The Rest Of The World in football terms luckily the fans we do have are flipping brilliant.Town are going to do well next Season on the pitch and it`s high time we got sorted off the pitch also I honestly think we are about to set off on a good couple of year`s so buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.