Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from wigworld

You felt it in the Force?

This BP music thing has gone to my head  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKywAssEcM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 8:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Think it would need more land than the 6 tower blocks are built on though. Looking at a map BP, excluding the car park, is about 130 yards wide (back of Findus to back of Main Stand). It's about 160 yards from the back of the Ponny to the back of the Osmond. So 130x160 on a cramped site. You'd need all of the plot where the 6 towers are and that includes the 6 low rise blocks on the west of the plot. Are they coming down as well?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
barralad
April 15, 2018, 8:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Think it would need more land than the 6 tower blocks are built on though. Looking at a map BP, excluding the car park, is about 130 yards wide (back of Findus to back of Main Stand). It's about 160 yards from the back of the Ponny to the back of the Osmond. So 130x160 on a cramped site. You'd need all of the plot where the 6 towers are and that includes the 6 low rise blocks on the west of the plot. Are they coming down as well?

I don't know how old the map is that you are looking at but if the low rise you refer to are Comber Place etc. they've been down for ages now..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
promotion plaice
April 15, 2018, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

On the plus side....even the dogs daren't hang around to shite around Freemo  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
AdamHaddock
April 15, 2018, 8:27pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Between the Molson centre and Nelson house there are still houses

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
KingstonMariner
April 15, 2018, 8:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

I don't know how old the map is that you are looking at but if the low rise you refer to are Comber Place etc. they've been down for ages now..

Maps (Apple). I see on Google Maps they're not there.

What about the other low rise blocks between Albert St and Kent St?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
crusty ole pie
April 15, 2018, 8:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Unfortunately I think we have missed the boat while chasing the dream of peakes parkway we have failed to capitalise on the opportunity to be part of the regeneration plans of East Marsh with the grants, euro money, and money from the government. Just my views of course  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
barralad
April 15, 2018, 8:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

Maps (Apple). I see on Google Maps they're not there.

What about the other low rise blocks between Albert St and Kent St?

Yeah still there and staying I think..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
HertsGTFC
April 15, 2018, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I grew up in and around Freemo and my dad used to work on the market when it was buzzing and still lives around there. I usually come into the Town on a Saturday over the flyover and drive into Town that way, what I see on Cleethorpe Rd, Freemo, Victor St. Elinor St etc.. makes me feel really sad.  

If and it's a big if this happened and if and this is an even bigger "if" the club got it right this would be great for a touch part of the Town and the football club.

This kind of development could not only provide a football ground but also a community hub for sport and recreation throughout the week. If there was some real imagination you could include a health & education center, kids creche and a Youth club for kids to go to like Shalom and Clee Fields was when I was a kid.  

A football club in a community attracting local people, fans and local players, if only!!!

I would love to see it as it would be great for the area and the club but doubt it will ever happen.  

BTW if you doubt there is enough space I lived in UULL just as they where building the KFC in West Park and the Freeman S Area of Grimsby has more space than that development.

Like  say it's a pipe dread just like PP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
Davec
April 16, 2018, 8:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
The stadium will never happen, it's been talked about for over quarter of a century now and not a single brick has been laid, when the stadium happens (if indeed it does) I predict all the posters on this forum would have already gone to meet their maker in the sky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.