March 5, 2018, 12:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I have two concerns:

1) he said “listen” like Bignot, and
2) he said “in the building” like Fenty.

Other than that, exciting times!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 111
Ipswin
March 5, 2018, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Thought Phillip Day came across very well indeed as in fact he did at the fans forum the other week, the only one who came out of it with some respect in tact.

He should front absolutely everything the club puts out instead of Fenty and if ever Fenty goes I hope the new owners can find a place for him in the boardroom

Breath of fresh air and a nice surprise seeing him doing that today

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 111
jamesgtfc
March 5, 2018, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Has Matt Dean lost trust yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 111
H19P1
March 5, 2018, 12:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from Ipswin
Thought Phillip Day came across very well indeed as in fact he did at the fans forum the other week, the only one who came out of it with some respect in tact.

He should front absolutely everything the club puts out instead of Fenty and if ever Fenty goes I hope the new owners can find a place for him in the boardroom

100% agreed was a fresh approach all round rather than the usual Fenty show 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 111
HackneyHaddock
March 5, 2018, 12:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Ipswin

I've had the pleasure of speaking to PD on a couple of train journeys back to London after away games in the Conference days and he is a very honest, affable man.  He is able to explain both sides of a story and I know is sympathetic to a lot of the agenda spoken of around youth development, fan engagement and safe standing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 111
chipsandgravy
March 5, 2018, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,626
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

I wasn't particularly after anything. It was all a bit perfunctory and the fact that it was left to Mr Day, with not much fanfare suggests the club are actually keeping a low profile on this one, after all the promises of the last two managers came to nought. We were even told 2 days before who the manager would be that they were introducing. I think Mr Day should have just kept to the brief and not mentioned League 1 and the Championship. That's the bit that riled me. All the talk that comes to nothing, like being top 7 this season. Getting rid of all the best players in the arrogant notion that we would just sail along to seasons end with no problems is the reality of the situation. Stop talking about what we are going to do and actually sort out the main thing, which is staying in the division.

Sorry if all that sounds cynical and defeatist, but that's the way i feel after years and years of poor decisions, with myriad managers and players coming and going. The one constant in all this is still there.

No totally understand and don't disagree with any of your comments but did have to check on 'perfunctory'.
Championship statement was stupid given the situation were in  but there again there have been many bullet holes in the foot of Grimsby Town one should never be surprised of another. Can't blame anyone for being cynical and defeatist after watching what we are. One can only Hope!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 111
Bigdog
March 5, 2018, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
If Philip Day thinks it's feasible to have a five year aim to be in the Championship, I'd like him to outline what fundamental changes are going to happen in the near future at Blundell Park to make it more than a lip service fantasy. Even if MJ is successful here, he will need a lot more ammo and bullets than the board are currently handing out to achieve that target..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 111
Stew0_0
March 5, 2018, 1:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 35
Champions League within 8 years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 111
moosey_club
March 5, 2018, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,276
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Stew0_0
Champions League within 8 years?

Now lets not start making sh!t up to try and make our board look out of touch with reality...

It was Europa League in 8yrs and Champions League the following year following the Europa League win  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 111
GyMariner
March 5, 2018, 1:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
He'll be telling us we can win the World Cup next!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Press Conference - YouTube link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.