This thread currently has 17,044 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 5, 2018, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

The way I see it........Jolley will be a hero or a total disaster........just can't see any middle ground with this guy.

Let's hope for a hero  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 111
moosey_club
March 5, 2018, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,208
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Alfie
https://www.facebook.com/MattDeanSport/videos/2014632925526388/

Fantastic 15 minute interview with Matt Dean - for anyone left wanting more after the presser.

energy
clarity in how we play..
energy, focus, clarity..

those will be his buzzwords ....

regards a preferred system ...." my preferred system is the one that wins the game" ... no set formation or style needs to assess the squad and select a system to suit the tools he has...quite liked that answer..

and regards the final question he said alot without actually saying anything....i dont like those sorts of answers,overall i think he has an air of politician about him....

oh..his Gran use to live in GY and he used to play in the sand pit at the boating lake when he was young so understands the club and area...

erm...no you dont.

I am definately staying on the fence with him for now.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 111
Mrs Doyle
March 5, 2018, 11:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Matt Dean was ganged up on and pummeled last time he was at a conference there he certainly grilled them both in-depth. to be honest, Day stayed calm and Jolley answered every question honestly which was refreshing.

They probably had Fenty tied up around the back of that screen with a scarf tightly wrapped around his mouth only kiddin lol.

Seriously good interview on both sides hope Mike as a bit of luck about him we could really do with some of that as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 111
moosey_club
March 5, 2018, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Thought he came MJ came across well but Day was a bit “vanilla” throughout. Not fussed about the Championship bit as our board tend to say sh1t for effect.

My only gripe is that they should have done it later in the day considering where we are I’d have liked to have seen him on the t4ain8ng ground early doors instead.

Let’s see what Saturday brings.

Yeah...perhaps the club could have broadcast his first meeting with the lads at Cheapside...that would have been ..oh..err..hang on

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 111
arryarryarry
March 6, 2018, 12:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

energy
clarity in how we play..
energy, focus, clarity..

those will be his buzzwords ....

regards a preferred system ...." my preferred system is the one that wins the game" ... no set formation or style needs to assess the squad and select a system to suit the tools he has...quite liked that answer..

and regards the final question he said alot without actually saying anything....i dont like those sorts of answers,overall i think he has an air of politician about him....

oh..his Gran use to live in GY and he used to play in the sand pit at the boating lake when he was young so understands the club and area...

erm...no you dont.

I am definately staying on the fence with him for now.

Bloody 'ell, he hasn't even picked a team yet.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 111
Davec
March 6, 2018, 6:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Well Phillip Day certainly came across better than Fenty would have, when Matt Dean asked about Paul Wilkinson Fenty would have snapped back "to suggest he had to work with Paul Wilkinson is absolute poppycock! This is why we have a failing relationship Matt because I don't like your questions"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 111
moosey_club
March 6, 2018, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Bloody 'ell, he hasn't even picked a team yet.

Too long in the tooth now bud and the board have finally ground me down to a level where, my admittedly natural pessimistic outlook regards GTFC, has now turned to pretty much cynicism about everything GTFC.

I am desperate for MJ to work some wonders, re-energise the club, the support, unite us all and give us a team to be proud of but i am currently too mardy with it all to just jump on his bandwagon because of some buzzwords, hazy memories of playing in a sandpit and a masters degree.

Enthusiasm is at an all time low thanks to the B.O.D.    

That's just how i feel.  Sorry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 111
forza ivano
March 6, 2018, 9:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
facebook interview was far more illuminating. i don't think we will be getting the fast attacking football this season, simply because he hasn't got the players nor the time to change things drastically

in fact i think the thing that comes through loud and clear from his videos, interviews and the v. informative posts by dougie j is that jolley constantly changes his line ups and tactics depending on who we are playing and how they play.

i also suspect that there will be 1 or 2 out of contract signings fairly quickly, presumably from sweden. if andrew fox is out of contract he's be the strong favourite to be first in, to give us a bit of pace and endeavour on the LHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 111
Jarmo.Is.God
March 6, 2018, 9:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
So many on here have a love-hate relationship, in the fact that so many love to hate everything about the club.

I agree that 80% of past year has been awful, and people are correct to moan.

However, the past few days have been positive, made a positive appointment, made a positive statement about the appointment, then made a positive comment in the press conference, and we still find a way to moan?

All i will say is well done to every one involved, and i hope it works out over the next 10 games, and we can all get excited about the future of the club again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 111
ginnywings
March 6, 2018, 11:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It's not moaning Jarmo, it's cynicism born of experience. It's not just 80% of the past year that has been awful is it? We have been pretty bad as a club for a long time now and i feel pretty much as Moosey does, even though i'm usually a forgiving sort. My natural moderate tendencies have been tested to the limit and like some, i feel that the club has now used up all my good will. I don't hate everything about the club. It pains me to see us constantly struggling.

The manager will get my 100% backing at BP as all managers do, but experience has taught me not to go overboard with gushing praise until we see some evidence that he is the right man for the job. Like Moosey, i'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with the prevailing view, but it's how i feel.

Maybe it's my advancing age and my arthritis playing up in this weather.   
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Press Conference - YouTube link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.