Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

This thread currently has 15,451 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
March 6, 2018, 9:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
He'll have watched all the game again and probably more than once.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 84
heppy88
March 6, 2018, 10:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
By the look of things Jolley will be one for doing his homework. He will be thorough in his preparation and will clearly articulate his game plan with each player.
Key to success over the coming weeks will be his ability to win over the players. It seems Bignot failed miserably at this and ultimately cost him his job. The players must buy into his vision. I recently heard an interview with a premiership player who said how difficult it can be for managers with no professional playing experience to earn the respect of his players. I honestly believe with his intelligence, humility and modesty, combined with a fair but firm management style, Jolley can do this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 84
dapperz fun pub
March 7, 2018, 10:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
I bet he's watched hours of our previous games the poor sodomist , I'm certain he'll know how bad we are in certain areas .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 84
Ipswin
March 7, 2018, 10:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from heppy88
player who said how difficult it can be for managers with no professional playing experience to earn the respect of his players.

Hmm this is one of the things that concerns me and was partly the reason for my favouring Harsley

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 84
Garth
March 8, 2018, 4:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Some good managers out there who have never kicked a ball at a competitive professional level, also some highly skilled international players who could not manage a chip shop.

We shall see, I hope he gets the appropriate length of time to prove himself. at  whatever level we end up in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.