Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

This thread currently has 15,432 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
March 5, 2018, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sydney
Not taken in by this appointment
MJ seems all too polished
Seen those who “talk a good un” before
This is not the time for an experimental manager
I fear this is such a bad decision at the wrong time
We will be in bottom two if all teams win their games in hand
And we are experimenting?
Really Really am trying to be optimistic but struggling
Red Cross me some hope
Come on Town!!!!

You make a fair point, but every manager is a gamble.

We will just have to trust that his hunger and apparent tactical awareness can rejuvenate the squad. Only time will tell if it was the correct appointment, but an important consideration at this difficult time is that the majority of fans seem happy which at least ensures the crowd will get behind him. He certainly needs all the help he can get because he has had some balls to take it on.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 84
KingstonMariner
March 6, 2018, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Having thought about it for a few days and watched the Matt Dean interview, the answer is yes. I don't necessarily think it will be instant success (i.e. we might still get relegated) but I feel I've got the energy back to give it a go and be patient again.

Still need an overhaul in the boardroom mind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 84
1mickylyons
March 6, 2018, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I can`t say I am over the moon but from the list chucked about nobody stood out for me other than possibly Askey who I really wanted so he is no better or worse than the other candidates.The guys a new broom hopefully he can do something different and get enough points to survive then he can rebuild and shape his own team.This is a massive job but providing we retain league status he can have a free reign to build us back up in his image.The fans will back him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 84
chicaneuk
March 6, 2018, 8:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I like the fact that he seems like something of a left-field appointment, I like that he seems to be genuinely enthusiastic and apprehensive of the challenge ahead, and I like that he's clearly got other smarts beyond purely football. I'm sure being good with numbers can't hurt in terms of helping to keep the books balanced in terms of managing a squad.

I don't know that he will have the experience or know-how to save us from relegation this season (though it goes without saying that I want us to stay up, desperately!) but I think given time he could do good things with the club. We just need to stay behind him even if early results aren't going our way.

He said in the press conference yesterday that he wants to play "fast, attacking football" - I think those who have been rightly critical of Slades tactics over his term will welcome those kinds of comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 84
cmackenzie4
March 6, 2018, 8:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I’m pleased, I listened to that interview with Matt dean and Jolley said all the right things what’s needed at the moment (with regarding the team) he sounds very switched on, he’s got my backing 100%, see you Saturday.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 84
Garth
March 6, 2018, 8:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
To be honest I would rather have had a raggy arsed Shankly Ferguson type,  rather than a Winterbottom.
But as long as he gets the respect of the senior players, (they have been known to have history in this,) hopefully he will stamp his authority  early and have some success, and luck hopefully
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 84
dapperz fun pub
March 6, 2018, 8:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Football as changed we haven't hence why we are in the excrement I genuinely believe a more modern approach is needed . Will fenty change with it though because jolley s approach will cost money modern methods/thinking does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 84
Jarmo.Is.God
March 6, 2018, 9:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from H19P1

What a load of dribble 😂

I wish this was said about our players recently  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 84
tanga_the_indestructible
March 6, 2018, 9:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Garth
To be honest I would rather have had a raggy arsed Shankly Ferguson type,  rather than a Winterbottom.
But as long as he gets the respect of the senior players, (they have been known to have history in this,) hopefully he will stamp his authority  early and have some success, and luck hopefully

From what I’ve seen of the senior players recently it would be no loss if most of them left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 84
newfootballer
March 6, 2018, 11:51am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
I think that this will be  a fine appointment. I liked his reply that he was delighted that Grimsby Town had contacted him to apply. DAVE BOYLEN
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.