Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 51 Guests

Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

This thread currently has 15,419 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
March 3, 2018, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
A couple of years coaching Burnley U23's and a short (but relatively successful spell) in Sweden's top division.

They finished bottom and were relegated! If that's 'relatively successful' I hope to intercourse he isn't unsuccessful at Town.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
Abdul19
March 3, 2018, 2:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,528
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from davmariner
Happy to not be included in post of the week! Thought it was easier to do it like this than set up a poll on my phone. Interesting so far that nearly one in four are unhappy with the appointment.

Nearly 1 in 5

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
BottesfordMariner
March 3, 2018, 2:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

They finished bottom and were relegated! If that's 'relatively successful' I hope to intercourse he isn't unsuccessful at Town.

Yes they got relegated but they were dead and buried before Jolley got there. i used the phrase 'relatively' as they did improve under him. His points per game over a full season would have  kept them up and he gained a couple of notable wins including the eventual champions.

Look I am not saying he is the messiah and as I said in my previous post he lacks experience and the CV isnt extensive to say the least. A couple of good results In Sweden does not prove much.  It's a gamble. But our immediate future lies with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
Ipswin
March 3, 2018, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

Yes they got relegated but they were dead and buried before Jolley got there

Thats worrying then, he had more games to play with than he has at Town, 15 points from 16 games I believe , will that rate keep us up? Worrying

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2018, 3:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I remember Swin saying earlier in the week that he no longer cared who we appointed but I remained confident that when the day eventually came he'd muster up his standard contrarian old illegitimate routine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
supertown
March 3, 2018, 4:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Some  will be redcrossing just for the hell of it, nowt to do with your question
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
Ipswin
March 3, 2018, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I remember Swin saying earlier in the week that he no longer cared who we appointed but I remained confident that when the day eventually came he'd muster up his standard contrarian old illegitimate routine.

I just wanted it to be decided as I was heartily sick of all the shite and guessing games going on here. The decision has been made now so that irritation has gone but sadly I think the wrong choice has been made yet again.
Jolley has been appointed to manage GTFC in the National League, after all the talk of someone with relegation battle experience coming in to save our season, Fenty given up and has gone for someone to start over. Not a bad idea, we have been banging on for a plan for the future for ages but a bit defeatist IMO.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
TAGG
March 3, 2018, 9:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
He has been appointed by a bloke who doesn't have the best of records appointing managers. He been down the young hungry crazy bloke and had the sack more times than Santa route. Now he's going with the intelligent graduate so it I'll be a wait and see.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
Ipswin
March 4, 2018, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
I wonder if Fenty gave Jolley the bullshit about a new stadium during the interview

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
rancido
March 4, 2018, 12:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin
I wonder if Fenty gave Jolley the bullshit about a new stadium during the interview

What bullshit would that be? As far as I know ( and nothing to the contrary has been announced ) the new stadium is still on the cards. Although nothing has been announced of late it doesn't mean things aren't progressing in the background.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Are you pleased with Jolley’s appointment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.