arryarryarry
February 25, 2018, 5:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Wtf, that was some of the best football we've played in months and you first reaction is to intercourse off the man who helped produce it.

Seriously. Yes we lost but this match was a huge step in the right direction.

Thank you Mr Fenty but you talk balderdash.

Only one effort on target, a weak header by Matt with about 10 minutes to go.

Hooper has been excrement all season yet starts, Clifton had a great debut even though played out of his preferred position but is taken off in favour of two players who were shite, Berret and Rose.

Same old after match interview, we must try harder in training, we shouldn't need to rely on others, erm I couldn't give a intercourse what they do in training it's what they do in the match that matters and as for not relying on other teams, the man is clearly deluded.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 102
Badger57
February 25, 2018, 7:43am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,893
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Wtf, that was some of the best football we've played in months and you first reaction is to intercourse off the man who helped produce it.

Seriously. Yes we lost but this match was a huge step in the right direction.

Seriously you are deluded. We were better, yes, but not once did we look likely to score. 4 points out of 42, zero goal threat, look at those upcoming games. Yeah, we the "fans" (nice touch) are happy as sheep in excrement.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 102
louth_in_the_south
February 25, 2018, 7:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Second half highlights on ifollow says it all .

0 efforts on goal shown .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 102
Mariner Ronnie
February 25, 2018, 8:01am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Just my opinion.

Last week at Cambridge I said to my dad that Wilko did the right thing by giving even the mediocre of players a second chance despite watching them play, you never know how they may change with a new man in charge.

With this it was clear to see that Sam Kelly and JJ hooper should’ve never donned a town shirt again. I said now you’ll see if Wilko will have the gut to drop them altogether. Which he didn’t. 😒

For a striker to miss the target completely is completely unforgivable given the circumstances, anybody who went to aldershot in 09/10 season will agree that it is pivotal in staying up or going down.

For me, I’d never play JJ again, he needs replacing with Vernam at Carlisle and Berrett with Summerfield. If that happens I think we could get some kind of result. (I hope).

UTM!

See you at Carlisle ⬛️⬜️⬛️⬜️

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 102
ginnywings
February 25, 2018, 10:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Sadly, Hooper is a better footballer than Matt, who is complete toss. I've never seen such a big player be so easy to defend against, and don't even get me started on his touch. Clifton only got a game because he was the last man standing, with Summerfield reporting ill in the morning. He faded second half, which is to be expected and was rightly replaced by Dembele, who was utter gash, and has been for a while now. Clifton showed much promise but it's a big ask to expect him to perform miracles.

You can't really put too much blame on Wilko. It's 09/10 all over again, when Woods took over from Newell, with a sh1te squad to work with. This scenario has been over a year in the making. Since Hurst left, the board have chosen the wrong man twice. Fair enough with Bignot, he fooled everyone, but we should have stuck with that formula and invested the Bogle transfer money into the best young manager and players in non league. If we had, i'm absolutely certain we wouldn't be in this mess now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 102
sam gy
February 25, 2018, 11:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

For a striker to miss the target completely is completely unforgivable given the circumstances, anybody who went to aldershot in 09/10 season will agree that it is pivotal in staying up or

I get your point Ronnie, but it’s happened to far, far better players than JJ Hooper.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 102
sam gy
February 25, 2018, 11:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from ginnywings
Sadly, Hooper is a better footballer than Matt, who is complete toss. I've never seen such a big player be so easy to defend against, and don't even get me started on his touch. Clifton only got a game because he was the last man standing, with Summerfield reporting ill in the morning. He faded second half, which is to be expected and was rightly replaced by Dembele, who was utter gash, and has been for a while now. Clifton showed much promise but it's a big ask to expect him to perform miracles.

You can't really put too much blame on Wilko. It's 09/10 all over again, when Woods took over from Newell, with a sh1te squad to work with. This scenario has been over a year in the making. Since Hurst left, the board have chosen the wrong man twice. Fair enough with Bignot, he fooled everyone, but we should have stuck with that formula and invested the Bogle transfer money into the best young manager and players in non league. If we had, i'm absolutely certain we wouldn't be in this mess now.

Agreed.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 102
rancido
February 25, 2018, 11:51am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

I don't get this criticism of Bignot when we never had chance to see him finish his rebuild in the summer. He brought some good players to the club and they have all been discarded by Slade.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 102
HertsGTFC
February 25, 2018, 12:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,922
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

I don't get this criticism of Bignot when we never had chance to see him finish his rebuild in the summer. He brought some good players to the club and they have all been discarded by Slade.

He brought in better players but where they better professionals? He disengaged popular senior pros which had a negative impact on the group, he failed to reduce the wage bill, he added a head of recruitment who just seemed to set out the cones, he hung players out to dry in the media, he dropped the better players for the bigger games, he signed Gavin Gunning and told us how great he was and he set the team up with some crazy
tactics and formations. Additionally if reports are to be believed his buys where on silly money and an even sillier bonus structure.

Apart from that he did o.k. in his 6 months.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 102
Vance Warner
February 25, 2018, 12:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He brought in better players but where they better professionals? He disengaged popular senior pros which had a negative impact on the group, he failed to reduce the wage bill, he added a head of recruitment who just seemed to set out the cones, he hung players out to dry in the media, he dropped the better players for the bigger games, he signed Gavin Gunning and told us how great he was and he set the team up with some crazy
tactics and formations. Additionally if reports are to be believed his buys where on silly money and an even sillier bonus structure.

Apart from that he did o.k. in his 6 months.

If the board were stupid enough to arrange those contracts then there's only one person to blame and it's not Bignot. There's no way we would be in a worse position now with him in charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just  Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.