Just  Back

This thread currently has 14,328 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Jimbob
February 24, 2018, 7:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
may  be the other young pros will get a chance.They can not be any worse than that shower.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 102
GTFCOliver
February 24, 2018, 8:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from moosey_club
Was it better ? Cant even be bothered to try and remember....end result was another loss without as much as a whimper.  Their keeper didnt have a thing of note to do did he ? Not even from a penalty FFS.

We have ZERO quality...ZERO threat....waste of time getting a new manager in now as the squad he will have are just fking not good enough to win games...may as well wait til the summer and save money for the next rebuild.

Clifton finally gets a game but gets stuck on the wing !!  Cardwell looks like the player he now is...someone who has hardly kicked a ball in 6 months and any confidence he did have now destroyed.

Only positive for me was listening to a young lad sat next to me and his running commentary....he had travelled all the way up from Plymouth to watch Town today...his comments, insight and  thoughts were bang on.  JF could do worse than give the managers job to him, he spoke more sense than the last three incumbents put together...and he was probably 12 yrs old.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 102
forza ivano
February 24, 2018, 8:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Can’t add too much more. Clifton was decent enough first half, but was anonymous second half. Hooper actually did okay first 30, held the ball up quite well. His touch is certainly much better than rose and mills who were both awful technically.
Deffo penalty for them ours was as soft as last week. Apart from that neither side could produce a chance, despite dj and cardWells efforts.
We just don’t look like creating a chance let alone scoring. Certainly better effort than last week and their heads didn’t drop after conceding. So is a bit improved, but with the results elsewhere I think we’re doomed to relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 102
sonofmadeleymariner
February 24, 2018, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano
mills who were both awful technically.

Mills techniqually awful? He was superb today, I don't think he lost a ball he was controlling, he was putting crosses in on his weaker foot and bending the ball around others with the outside of his boot.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 102
forza ivano
February 24, 2018, 8:32pm

Exile

Mills techniqually awful? He was superb today, I don't think he lost a ball he was controlling, he was putting crosses in on his weaker foot and bending the ball around others with the outside of his boot.

Uh? Yeah the outside of the boot cross was fine, but what about all the other misplaced passes and poor control?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 102
sonofmadeleymariner
February 24, 2018, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Uh? Yeah the outside of the boot cross was fine, but what about all the other misplaced passes and poor control?

I don't think that was Mills, he was having a great game, he misplaced one or two passes but no more then you would in any normal game, his control certainly wasn't poor.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 102
forza ivano
February 24, 2018, 8:39pm

Exile
Think we will have to agree to disagree.dont doubt his commitment, but he ain’t much of a footballer imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 102
sonofmadeleymariner
February 24, 2018, 8:42pm
Vodka Drinker
If you'd said that about Rose forza, I would agree with you but not Mills, thought he had a cracking game and was exactly who Clifton needed behind him, telling him where to go who to mark where to stand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 102
Madeleymariner
February 24, 2018, 8:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Home now after a good trip to Lincolnshire excellent fish and chips, then 3pm it all went wrong again. Thought we were better than last week and heads did not drop when we went behind. Mills by along way our best defender, Clarke is an idiot, unless its on his head he's hopeless, Clifton looked a better player than Berrett/Rose, would deffo start him again next week, Cardwell has energy and really chases things down, looks a better player than Matt, Hooper, well we nearly all think hes pants and you could see he had no confidence with his body language as he stepped up for the penalty. DJ great game when he got going 2nd half and his running got us the sending off, but still not one real shot on target in 97 mins
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 102
Roast Em Bobby
February 24, 2018, 8:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Same old same old, last 3 games have almost been carbon copies of each other - though we were very slightly better today. Maradona could be playing up front and we wouldn't score.

We desperately need a fresh voice in the dressing room and a new plan that the players can believe in and realistically achieve in order to gain some confidence -said it before the game in another thread and still think it now - we need to get back to basics and just try to keep a clean sheet as a starting point. We are not going to score our way out of the position we are in so we should go ultra defensive and just try to nick a point from the next couple of games. If we achieve that then we can start thinking about attack again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just  Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.