11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
February 24, 2018, 5:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,962
Gold Stars: 82
Why is Clarke playing when he’s clearly leggy and a poor decision maker , why have brought the villa centre half in if they won’t play him ?? Btw slade ur a girl private
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 102
Cayman_mariner
February 24, 2018, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Perkins
We don't need a manager, we need a bloody miracle.

Think that will continue whilst we persist in a team with Dixon and Berrett, and what the hell has McAllister done to not even make the bench when Kelly does?

Great to see Clifton get a start but can't understand why some of the above players keep getting picked when everyone else seems to see those players as a weak link.

We have a stronger starting 11 yet for some reason never seem to put out anything close to what popular consensus is our strongest team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 102
Rodley Mariner
February 24, 2018, 5:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
We look bereft of confidence and quality. No lack of effort but we're in real trouble now. It's hard to do when we're on such an awful run but he's got to try and find a team and a formation and go with it as it can't help the players when we are constantly changing shape and personnel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 102
grimsby pete
February 24, 2018, 5:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Their keeper didn't have a shot to save, even with a free hit from 12 yards. That's the reality.

Also a special mention to JF, who after pleading for restraint all week from the fans and mostly getting it, thought it was a good idea to tell my nephew to fook off in full earshot of all and sundry. Nice example there John.

No goals in the side anywhere and it feels like 2010 to me. Other teams winning and it's not been a good day.

Did your nephew say anything nasty to Fenty first Ginny ?

Like please leave our club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 102
moosey_club
February 24, 2018, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Was it better ? Cant even be bothered to try and remember....end result was another loss without as much as a whimper.  Their keeper didnt have a thing of note to do did he ? Not even from a penalty FFS.

We have ZERO quality...ZERO threat....waste of time getting a new manager in now as the squad he will have are just fking not good enough to win games...may as well wait til the summer and save money for the next rebuild.

Clifton finally gets a game but gets stuck on the wing !!  Cardwell looks like the player he now is...someone who has hardly kicked a ball in 6 months and any confidence he did have now destroyed.

Only positive for me was listening to a young lad sat next to me and his running commentary....he had travelled all the way up from Plymouth to watch Town today...his comments, insight and  thoughts were bang on.  JF could do worse than give the managers job to him, he spoke more sense than the last three incumbents put together...and he was probably 12 yrs old.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 102
OneLove
February 24, 2018, 6:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
Their keeper didn't have a shot to save, even with a free hit from 12 yards. That's the reality.

Also a special mention to JF, who after pleading for restraint all week from the fans and mostly getting it, thought it was a good idea to tell my nephew to fook off in full earshot of all and sundry. Nice example there John.

No goals in the side anywhere and it feels like 2010 to me. Other teams winning and it's not been a good day.

Hopefully Nick Dale will impose a ban on Fenty for using foul language against one of your family members.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 102
oldun
February 24, 2018, 6:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Another 3 points lost to an average team. The missed pen was crucial. We worked hard and had loads of posession but we did not create clear openings just hopeful balls into a crowded area which they defended well. We do not have a creative midfield player to pick a pass for the strikers which is why they all struggle to score. Macca did not have a save to make and nearly got to their pen. Not sure how a new manager can make these players any better. Situation looks grim as we drop 2 more places today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 102
Badger57
February 24, 2018, 6:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
There's just not enough about this team to believe that we've got what it takes to get out of trouble. No threat whatsoever. DJ did well and Harry Clifton had a great debut though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 102
barralad
February 24, 2018, 6:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Very glad to see it isn't just me  this week who can see that whatever is wronng it isn't down to lack of effort.
The game was decided in that five minutes covered by the two penalties. Their guy scored well even though Macca went the right way. We didn't. I can barely put into words my feelings about Hooper's effort. We go one down. We are notoriously bad at getting back into games yet within one minute we are gifted an opportunity to get back level. I instinctively knew after backing his performance last week  Hooper would prove me wrong but to miss the target from 12 yards is unforgiveable and this coming from a player who buried a penalty with ease last week.
Plenty around us saying their penalty wasn't but from my view Clark recklessly went in with both legs around their players standing leg...only one outcome.
Positives? Clifton started well but faded a little second half. DJ showed a willingness to attack wide and run at and beat defenders and Mills was superb-ran himself into the ground.
Exeter were happy for a point and utilised all the time wasting that they could get their hands on when they found themselves in front.
As Buckley said post match changes brought no improvement overall. For the umpteenth time this season their keeper didn't need to make a save. I'm loathe to single Matt out for criticism especially as Hurst and Bignot wanted him (apparently) last season but he cannot jump without fouling his opponent and his first touch is amongst the worst I've seen from a Town player in nearly 50 years.
I actually thought Dixon did OK and think sometimes the first mistake he makes people are on him although I accept that people may feel about him as I do about Matt! Cardwell will run all day but lacks the guile at the moment to deal with experienced defenders. It's a shame that only now is he being given some game time.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 102
Garth
February 24, 2018, 6:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Slade has really fooked us, sold our best and brought in average players, JF should have got rid earlier too much of a task with what weve got IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just  Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.