This thread currently has 14,347 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimbiggs
February 24, 2018, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Much the same as the majority of this seasons home games, plenty of huff and puff, but no end product. This Exeter side were not a patch on the side that came here last season, created very little, and we gave them a soft penalty. Whilst we dominated the first half we created no clear-cut chances in either half, and resulted in trying to convert from goalmouth scrambles. The front two did nothing, and Hooper performance was summed up with his awful penalty miss. It was nice to see Clifton given a start, and he was fairly bright first half, but this team is seriously lacking in quality and confidence. Teams are now starting to creep up on us, and whilst certain people still bury their heads in the sand, the reality is that we are in a relegation battle. I intially was prepared to give Wilco at chance till the end of the season, but I feel we need somebody with fresh ideas, who can make an impact now before it's too late....UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 102
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2018, 6:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
Their keeper didn't have a shot to save, even with a free hit from 12 yards. That's the reality.

Also a special mention to JF, who after pleading for restraint all week from the fans and mostly getting it, thought it was a good idea to tell my nephew to fook off in full earshot of all and sundry. Nice example there John.

No goals in the side anywhere and it feels like 2010 to me. Other teams winning and it's not been a good day.

What provoked the Dear Leader's outburst?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 102
Stadium
February 24, 2018, 6:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings
Their keeper didn't have a shot to save, even with a free hit from 12 yards. That's the reality.

Also a special mention to JF, who after pleading for restraint all week from the fans and mostly getting it, thought it was a good idea to tell my nephew to fook off in full earshot of all and sundry. Nice example there John.

No goals in the side anywhere and it feels like 2010 to me. Other teams winning and it's not been a good day.

Interesting.

So what was actually said?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 102
LH
February 24, 2018, 6:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
Was this in the bottom corner of the middle block in the upper in injury time?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 102
lew chaterleys lover
February 24, 2018, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
To the car. Much better. The players looked confident, aggressive and  willing to attack. Peno looked soft from where I was but probably a peno. Hooper once again proved why he shouldn't be on the pitch and we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a shot gun from 2 foot away.

However, we were better. Clifton looked good, he looked sharp, committed and confident very good full debut ( why wasn't he being played?). Mills looked a real leader today commanding Clifton guiding him telling him where to go wbilst still being on point for his defensive and attacking duties. Dixon probably had his best game today. DJ was impressive and looked a more rounded player today.

I think you must have rose tinted glasses on because your nemesis Slade has gone.

More effort granted, but that is about all. I don't recall the keeper having a save to make, not even from the penalty.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 102
Perkins
February 24, 2018, 6:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from LH
Was this in the bottom corner of the middle block in the upper in injury time?

If it was, the bloke sat there was telling Fenty You fu*k off, till he was spoken to by the steward.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 102
ginnywings
February 24, 2018, 6:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
It was getting toward the last knockings of the game. Frustration was building as usual, when my nephew got his phone out and looked at the other scores. He suddenly stood up and shouted over to the area the board occupy "we are going down, have you seen the other scores", to which JF shouted back fook off. My nephew then shouted back " no, you fook off". Of course the stewards came straight over to us, as it seems it's ok for the majority shareholder to swear in front of women and kids, but not us. I pointed out that JF swore at us first and he mumbles something about everyone being upset, then wandered back over to his guard duty of protecting the front of the area where the directors sit. I should have chinned him and got myself a 5 year ban to save myself from having to watch any more of that sh1te. Haven't seen a win since November and only 2 goals in 2018, and they wonder why they get stick.

Do you know what John, you don't get to tell us when we can and when we can't complain, and you don't get to tell us where we can do it either. I wish you would now just leave the club and put us into admin if you have to. I'd rather watch a reformed GTFC at King George stadium than watch you lot on the board continue to destroy this club. It's painful. There is not one ounce of joy left in being a GTFC fan, so thank you all for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 102
Mrs Doyle
February 24, 2018, 6:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One thing is patently obvious we have to try something different maybe at corners that thing we did years ago when the players stood together then split in all directions. Anything switch wingers try something different.

Exeter had nothing they were probably the most ineffective team to come here we gave them a goal but alarmingly once again despite all our possession cannot remember testing their keeper once.

Wilco looked peed off every time we got forward the wrong option or lack of vision ensued can't remember the number of times he shouted out in frustration.

Clifton, Cardwell and D.J. all had decent games and Mills looked assured none of the players played badly but lack of penetration, skill, luck up front once again cost us. It just had to be hooper, didn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 102
TAGG
February 24, 2018, 6:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Hagrid
We lost. We cant score we dont threaten., i wouldnt say it was much better at all. Exeter were pants and they cane away with 3 points with ease. We have a flipping england international centre back on the bench who we seem to not want to play, DJ our only outlet, 2 forwards poor, hooper especially for his dire penalty. Rose and berrett dreadful in the middle and clarke should be shot for his pathetic tackle

Agree with all of this plus the centre mid of Rose and Berret were an embarrassment.
Even if we had Kane up front we still wouldn't win a game because the service to the forwards is non existent.
Exeter like a lot of teams I've seen here are no great shakes, if only we had a half decent side.
We are going to be a non league team next season.
MOM by a long way DJ

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 102
Pouton4ever
February 24, 2018, 6:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Can we still sign unattached players?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just  Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.