moosey_club
February 24, 2018, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GTFCOliver

Welcome aboard....enjoyed your views and comments today. Hope that journey home goes ok.

Keep the faith. UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 102
Maringer
February 24, 2018, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,527
Gold Stars: 185
Mills was a contender for MOTM for me so I'm amazed anybody thought he had a poor game. In fact, all the defence played pretty well, with Clarke's stupid rush of blood to the head the exception.

I thought we were much improved from the recent games I've seen (all at home), with better passing and organisation but the result was the same, of course. Cardwell did quite well up front, I thought - was a nuisance, worked hard, won some headers and occupied their defence quite well, not to mention winning the penalty. Not his fault that the crosses into the box were more hit and hope than they should have been.

Jaiyesimi did pretty well in attack without really putting in a killer ball, Clifton did OK considering he was out if position but despite being on top for much of the game, we didn't get in behind their defence nearly enough. Our midfield was on top for a change, defensively speaking, but didn't do anything progressive with the ball when it was won.

As usual, we butchered 2 or 3 counter-attacking chances through terrible passing and decision-making. Can't see that changing with the current bunch of players.

I'd be encouraged with the general performance if we'd not seen the same thing happen so often over the past few months. Doesn't matter if we compete well enough for a point or more, we still manage to give them away.

Have to say that Dembele wouldn't be near the squad for me at the moment. His cameo today was terrible - first touch, awful control which led to a throw-in and it didn't get much better after that. Bad news that Wilks and Jackson are out for a while as they might be able to add something a bit different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 102
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 24, 2018, 9:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
The only real positive today was that we did actually get a lot more men in their box which should increase your chance of scoring. However, we fail from all opportunities to deliver anything like quality crosses into the box. DJ spoiled much of his excellent wing play by being unable to cross the ball with his left foot, Mills is ok and does get forward well but how many quality crosses does he actually put in plus he has a tendency to dwell on the ball often resulting in poorly placed passes or easily intercepted ones. From midfield Berrett’s balls into the box are ok from corners but his free kicks and other crosses from open play were often too high or over hit. Why did he not release his pass early when we broke in the second half? Initially under no pressure with four town players ahead of him two on each flank and he still fluffed it. Why do respective managers keep selecting this guy? If McAllister cannot add more to this team I would be amazed.

Rose ok first half but anonymous second except for his continued ability to give away endless free kicks all over the pitch with ill judged challenges.

In reality this is such a poor group of players I doubt any Manager will get much out of them. We have to hope that any future games played as today’s ends with us winning by the only goal as the chances of scoring one is slim and two nigh on impossible. But getting men in the box may result in one bit of good fortune falling our way and someone actually taking the chance.

Oh one other positive is still not seen a really good side at BP this season so that allows a glimmer of hope!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 102
HertsGTFC
February 24, 2018, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,946
Gold Stars: 228
Part of me thinks that Wilco did all he could with the selection the players application was better and they tied hard, then part of me thinks that the players don't realize what's actually at stake here.  

Firstly great to see Harry Clifton start a good few months overdue in my opinion, watching his work rate versus the likes of Berret tells you all you need to now about what it means to pull on a Town shirt.

Thought we started o.k. and though we lack real talent many players had a go and did their best, again though we failed to work their keeper. Up until their penalty I sensed a goal was coming for us and actually after the penalty we responded much better to going behind than in previous weeks.

After we missed the penalty we still kept our heads up but the we where never going to score as the mixture  anxiety and lack of class is meaning we have zero composure anywhere in the box. What was good though is we did get more players into the box which is a good sign.

The players,

Macca - Hard to tell as in reality he didn't have to make a proper save
Mills  - Good overall, he cares.  
Dixon - Should not keep RHJ out
Clarke - Poor, once again a liability
Collins - See above
Rose - Good first half anonymous after the break
Berret - FFS
Clifton - Went for it 1st half and needs to go into the center  
Cardwell - Keep him in and sooner or later he will be able to remove the L Platers
Hooper - Did o.k. first half but looking at the penalty someone needs to explain to him whats at stake and how much it means to us.
DJ - Did well, needs a run of games as there is a player in there somewhere

The Ref - Clown
Exeter City - The best side I saw at BP last year, not sure what happened to that side as today we saw a set of twisting b@stards.

Today everyone around us won and our nest 5 games are Carlisle A, Port Vale H, Gimps A, Coventry A, Stevenage H...............set your Sat Nav's for Ebsfleet, Maidstone and Salford as ladies and gentlemen we are going down with the Barnet.  

However comes in won't save us with this group as they are just not good enough.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 102
MarinerRob
February 24, 2018, 10:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Just got home to Surrey. In my view they did play better than last week and certainly far better than under Slade. They did try to play football on the ground rather than lumping it in the air. And Town were on top until the stupid penalty and that was the only threat from Exeter. Who have been at the top of the table all season so a plus point for the defence.

Up front there was plenty of effort in my view but nothing would fall for them. Clifton and Cardwell did well and DJ worried them and that led to the sending off.

There is still plenty to worry about and I think Town are favourites to be relegated but the improvement today and the fact their heads didn't drop after going behind is another postitive. With the defence a little more settled and if we get Ben Davies back we are going to be harder to score against. Hopefully we can pick up a few more points in the last 11 games.

I wanted Slade gone because of his 'must not lose' attitude rather than trying to win so I will support whoever is in charge. So a trip to Carlisle is very likely next Saturday where I hope to see Town score and pick up some points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 102
Grim74
February 24, 2018, 10:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
I should have chinned him and got myself a 5 year ban to save myself from having to watch any more of that sh1te.

Must say you actually made me laugh 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 102
Gibson617
February 24, 2018, 11:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +19
First time visit this season.  Seen worse football than today's team
M.    Grimsby had more possession admittedly they didn't benefit from it but I thought there was some good play from Grimsby.  All that is needed are a couple of Good strikers. But wasn't that bad to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 102
Maringer
February 24, 2018, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,527
Gold Stars: 185
Just thinking, how often has is been in recent months that one of our attacking players has been considered our man of the match? Not very often, I'm guessing - it's generally been a defender or a midfielder (i.e. Summerfield). Says a lot about the limitations of the squad we currently have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 102
GYinScuntland
February 25, 2018, 1:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Just back to Finsbury Park Travelodge after watching CockSparrer. Made a nice change.
Was thinking of saying intercourse football but being a thick girl private I've train tickets to bloody Carlisle.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 102
SheepGTFC
February 25, 2018, 2:16am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Yet we still didn't win or score ..

Wilko out and asap as we are now in a relegation scrap , get a man in to sort this shower of shite out.

Wtf, that was some of the best football we've played in months and you first reaction is to intercourse off the man who helped produce it.

Seriously. Yes we lost but this match was a huge step in the right direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just  Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.