Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,650 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
December 28, 2017, 11:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from denni266
To be honest , if i was told i was not needed when the likes of woolford , hooper etc are getting game time , i would either poke slade in the eye and drag him to specksavers,, or hang me boots up for good

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 342
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from chaos33

Just playing devil's advocate but he is under contract. If every contracted player who wasn't currently getting a game decided to nick off to play for their local team because it suited their travel perogatives, then we might as well just pay every hired kicker week to week or take 'em on monthly loans, and then where would we be?
If Jamey Osborne isn't good enough to get in our first team match day squad then I clearly don't understand football, so the club and the player have confused me.

I'm not saying I'd be pleased about it. Just if he thought there was no hope under Slade of getting game time, and he had other options which paid as much/more AND meant he had more time for friends and family, then I can see why he might take them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 342
Abdul19
December 28, 2017, 11:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from chaos33

Just playing devil's advocate but he is under contract. If every contracted player who wasn't currently getting a game decided to nick off to play for their local team because it suited their travel perogatives, then we might as well just pay every hired kicker week to week or take 'em on monthly loans, and then where would we be?

Quite. And he's got a 30 month contract to be professional footballer. He shouldn't have another job!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 342
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 11:39pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Perhaps Kingston, though I find it hard to believe he's moonlighting at the moment and I'm not aware that he has a profession or trade to take up on the side in any event.

If I had to come down on one of the scenarios, I'm inclined to think that he's got a personal or family situation that needs attention, and that the "If needed" statement refers to one-off games such as if we were to have an injury and red-card epidemic and need him for a game, then he'd come back for a few days.  

We've seen from other players (Matt, Clements, Browne) that players do often need time near family so in the context of a two and a half year deal, I hope he'll be back and ready to reward the club's support for him.

I wasn't suggesting he's moonlighting, just that non-League players can often be better off staying part-time if they had decent day job options.

It's a good point you make about one-off games. And you can add Nathan to that list.

Sometimes, real life includes all of those options. Dissatisfaction with the way the job's going, not getting on with your new boss (not the guy who recruited you), work commitments which impinge on family life, and the serious ill health of a family member. It might cause you to decide that you're better off out of it and return to a previous employer.

We're all just speculating really.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 342
chaos33
December 28, 2017, 11:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I think we can probably assume that the club are happy to do without him presently, or he'd be back here after his 'fitness loan', fighting for his place and honouring his commitment as per the contract he signed. Obviously, if he can negotiate something more personally convenient whilst in the midsts of that because the club don't see him as immediately valuable, then he will.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 342
Abdul19
December 28, 2017, 11:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from chaos33
I think we can probably assume that the club are happy to do without him presently,

Which is bonkers considering Woolford started the last game. But there you go!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 342
chaos33
December 28, 2017, 11:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
My thoughts exactly

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 342
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2017, 12:09am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
My thoughts exactly

Maybe you can see why Osborne might be drunk off then (if he is, just speculating like).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 342
headingly_mariner
December 29, 2017, 2:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,378
Gold Stars: 119
Before he went to Solihull he was beginning to feature from the bench and making the squads.
Why is he not fighting for his place in league football?
Seems very strange to me, reading between the lines I find it difficult to blame the club for this one. It strikes me that he has never fully committed to us having not moved. He's got all the ability to play at a much higher level and I'd love to see him in our team, but I think either he wants away or the club want to shift his wages or something they don't like about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 342
Garth
December 29, 2017, 5:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Of course because he was getting MOM every week and being watched by other league clubs in the Midlands, he may have been tapped up and he favours being nearer to home.
IMO Town have to be a bit wary here and take advantage of any offers for him made during the transfer window, hence the extra months Loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.