Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,647 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2018, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Abdul19

His Solihull emergency loan won't count

That's convenient!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 342
KingstonMariner
January 2, 2018, 8:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who did he sign a contract with? Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

Maybe he came because of Bignot. Signed by a manager he respects/trusts and then that manager is replaced. I could easily see how that could unsettle someone.

Maybe it's best we just take the statements at face value for now, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if he never came back having seen the way football is these days.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 342
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe he came because of Bignot. Signed by a manager he respects/trusts and then that manager is replaced. I could easily see how that could unsettle someone.

Maybe it's best we just take the statements at face value for now, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if he never came back having seen the way football is these days.

You sign for a club not a manager - given the length of managerial tenures, it would be reasonable to expect Bignot to have gone before the end of Osborne's 30 month contract.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 342
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2018, 8:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
There must be pretty good reasons why Jamie does not appear on Monday 15 January
If he does not return the fans should be given a solid explanation about why he is not at the club.
Until then, leave it alone as it's all bullshit and speculation.
However the gtfc board must be called into account if the issue is not resolved by then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 342
Marinerz93
January 2, 2018, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
There must be pretty good reasons why Jamie does not appear on Monday 15 January
If he does not return the fans should be given a solid explanation about why he is not at the club.
Until then, leave it alone as it's all bullshit and speculation.
However the gtfc board must be called into account if the issue is not resolved by then

Agree with this, it's all if's and but's, the club should deliver a deadline for solid information.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 342
KingstonMariner
January 2, 2018, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You sign for a club not a manager - given the length of managerial tenures, it would be reasonable to expect Bignot to have gone before the end of Osborne's 30 month contract.

But I bet it was Bignot that persuaded him to come and no one would have expected he'd be gone in 5 months.

No club appoints a manager having done their due diligence and sacks him so soon. Not a professionally run club like Grimsby. Surely?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 342
MuddyWaters
January 3, 2018, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Based on a couple of tweets by his missus, I don't see him coming back.
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 342
January 3, 2018, 7:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Based on a couple of tweets by his missus, I don't see him coming back.

WHy? What's she saying?
Reply: 177 - 342
January 3, 2018, 8:09pm
Guest User
[img][/img][img][/img]
Quoted from 935

WHy? What's she saying?

Doesn't matter saw the tweet- what's ridiculous is whoever tweeted to her that he wouldn't be driving back cos of "drunk driving" - i sometimes wonder what goes on in people's heads on social media- you can't whinge that he won't come back then start beef with his mrs/ posting personal things about him. In all honesty having seen what's written on here , face book and twitter I wonder if any of the players have a genuine desire to play in front of what can only be described as a totally toxic element of the fans. We see it time and time again- toto etc and no one learns- there's a difference between saying someone had a bad game and calling them a girl private- it's just a pity no one learns
Reply: 178 - 342
January 3, 2018, 8:24pm
Guest User
Seriously I think this is one thing that the majority of town fans should be stamping out- is the minority who go on social media and forums and insult the playing staff, manager etc. People may not like Russell slade for example but there is literally no excuse to write personal abuse on the internet. We all love the club , we all feel angry at time about its plight and the results but there is no mitigation at all for writing insults about anyone, it's also totally counter productive.
Reply: 179 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.