Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,641 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
December 30, 2017, 12:44am
Guest User
Quoted from Reverendmariner
If he has personal difficulties it's none of our business. All this speculation is pointless because no-one knows the real story, and nor should they.  Only he and his employer, the club, should know what they are. Let's just hope that they can be resolved so he can come back, because for me he, along with Dembele, is the most skillful player on the books.

It's all of our business when it affects our club as far as I'm concerned. Osbourne is a contracted player, which means he signed a contract and should fulfil that contract. Okay, if he has issues that are causing a problem, then a good employer will try and assist. The problem is we don't know what his issue or issues are that mean he cannot play for a decent sized 4th rate club, and chooses to play for a shite 5th rate part time outfit at 25 years old. We don't know the real problem, but from the outside looking in, he's been injured a large part of the season, has played for the shite club to gain fitness according to his 2nd last statement, presumably has gained a certain level of fitness, now, I will give him some leeway, a small amount, before I will run out of patience. That said, I'm just a fan, on me own, others may make other decisions but he'll have some way back if he wants to be a pro.

He appears to have ability beyond league 2, in which case go an earn a fortune and retire at 33 with a castle of your own, but do it now as time is not your friend.
Reply: 130 - 342
louth_in_the_south
December 30, 2017, 8:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Sounds to me like RS has been instructed to go out and say something positive to placate things . No way is he coming back .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 342
Mrs Doyle
December 30, 2017, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Be nice if Jamie could have just been at the park today just to let the fans see he is still interested in being here. I don't blame Slade one bit over this he is clearly giving Ozzy time to sort himself out but cannot wait forever.

At the most important half of the season and in a good position to press on he can't afford to wait for one player. If Osborne himself can't see he could and probably will have a massive part to play in that he would be better off somewhere else.

Slade wants a fully fit Jamie Osborne of that I am sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 342
Abdul19
December 30, 2017, 12:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Be nice if Jamie could have just been at the park today just to let the fans see he is still interested in being here.

He's got a game!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 342
sydney
December 30, 2017, 1:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Get this player back here ASAP RS
Jesus
What are we messing about at
Come on Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 342
Marinerz93
December 30, 2017, 2:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The biggest problem is Town fans are frustrated that a technically better player has been put out on loan to get game time is something we have heard before. Now this may be the case but because we have heard this before how do we know how to trust this as genuine information when we have been lied to countless times before. Just like the board telling a manager his remit is to ensure safety only to sack him after he achieves safety and way before the season ends.

There is a lot of dishonesty in football, from players, managers, boardrooms, the proof will be in if he comes back or gone in the transfer window then we'll see how honest each party in this is.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 342
Mrs Doyle
December 30, 2017, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Abdul19

He's got a game!

He was supposed to be here though that is my point. If he was keen to prove to Slade he was part of THE SQUAD he would want to be here

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 342
Gaffer58
December 30, 2017, 6:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Bring him back now, give him 60 minutes at Crewe, although our problems are bigger than 1 player can cure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 342
HackneyHaddock
December 30, 2017, 6:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Marinerz93
The biggest problem is Town fans are frustrated that a technically better player has been put out on loan to get game time is something we have heard before. Now this may be the case but because we have heard this before how do we know how to trust this as genuine information when we have been lied to countless times before. Just like the board telling a manager his remit is to ensure safety only to sack him after he achieves safety and way before the season ends.

There is a lot of dishonesty in football, from players, managers, boardrooms, the proof will be in if he comes back or gone in the transfer window then we'll see how honest each party in this is.

All of this is correct, and all fostered and allowed to fester because the club have taken a board-level position that professional communications and public relations assistance is not required because "PR is done on the pitch" and because they think they know best anyway.  Amateurish stunts and harbouring grudges against local journalists, out of nothing but a sense that "I'm right and he's wrong" and damn the consequences.

The result?  Mutual mistrust. Victories and promotions are not capitalised upon.  Defeats lead to all out warfare between fans and the club.

If it weren't for his loans (has anyone worked out what "benign" means in this context yet by the way?) then John Fenty has no other redeeming or useful qualities to bring to the boardroom table.  Not one.  It's time for him to get his Accountant sidekick Marley to explain to him what a Sunk Cost is, and what the Sunk Cost Fallacy is, and then for him to write the lot off and go back to the terraces.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 342
louth_in_the_south
December 30, 2017, 11:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

He was supposed to be here though that is my point. If he was keen to prove to Slade he was part of THE SQUAD he would want to be here

Tell him to get back . He’s under contract to gtfc , not who ever he wants to play for in the West Midlands ffs .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.