Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 377 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,446 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
December 28, 2017, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

If that's the case it's a shocking waste of his ability, at 25 you'd have to say this is his last chance at pushing up the leagues.  

I wholeheartedly agree. If the rumours are true and he's based in Birmingham still despite signing for us with a long-term contract then that in itself suggests a lack of commitment. If it's because he's now allegedly got a driving ban (just rent a flat ffs) then perhaps he's not really that fussed about making it. If you really wanted to then you'd find a way around what is a reasonably trivial matter.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 342
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2017, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from mariner91

Or it shows why, despite his obvious ability, at 25 he's only played half a season at tier 5 of the football pyramid and a handful of games professionally. Maybe he doesn't have the drive or ambition to make it as a pro and he's happier being the best player on the pitch in front of less than 1000 fans.

It's a fair point Matt to be honest within 18 months his life is possibly unrecognizable from what it was on top of all the football stuff I think he has a young family and I know from experience that it's difficult to deal with when you working away or commuting daily/weekly.

I think he had a trade before he went full time so as mad as it sounds working and playing part time closer to home might leave better of financially and emotionally.

I would like to see him in a Town shirt again but if it's not going to work lets move him on and free up the payroll for the Jan window.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 342
lowerfindus
December 28, 2017, 7:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Slades the manager and ultimately Slade takes the rap. He clearly doesn't rate a good few of our players despite what we see as fans.

He won't get sacked by Fenty bar a plunge to the relegation places.

There will be a big summer clear out of a lot of player's that don't suit sladeball and next season we will see the full effect of his management skills. Hoof.

That I'm afraid is the bottom line.

I can't stand sladeball by the way. I am in no way endorsing the state of things. I just can't see a positive outcome.

Unless he has a January and summer shopping list that includes players with pace, power, and a goal keeper that can catch a cross and doesn't chuck a few in the next we will be watching the same old turgid football.

On that joyous note.
Happy New Year.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 342
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2017, 7:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from denni266
I dont usually side with slade  but. this seems like another player that gets injured,, uses all out time and money to get fit and then just wants to sodomist off for some sad reason.. slade should make him come back and work for his money end of.. Where slade falls down on this one is not being honest with the paying fans,, we all saw this coming , he has seen or heard what the fans have been saying for weeks now and hid behind silence . if players just want to play with there mates and family,, stay where you are , not hard is it

I think for once we have to trust Slade's judgement here, he is an experienced manager who has a good record with player engagement and is closer to the situation that anyone on here. Maybe Slade's hands have been tied with regard to making public statements especially if it's a "private" or "legal" matter. I get the "he should be made" bit and in a normal world that should be the case but it's football and all the power sits with the player even at this level.

Very easy to blame Slade but he may be trying to rescue the situation and at the very least get a small fee for the player if he goes.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 342
chaos33
December 28, 2017, 7:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Whatever the truth of this situation, and we will probably never know, I find this really disappointing and confusing because he is technically good and would improve our starting 11 IMO.  It might be out of the club's hands and is probably not a question of his actual ability, but, based on what we know (ie, very little), staying at Solihull - this struggling tin pot conference outfit looks a stinker and a bit odd, given that he's seemingly proved himself to be a footballer worthy of playing comfortably higher than that.

Baffled and a bit cross.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 342
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2017, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lowerfindus
Slades the manager and ultimately Slade takes the rap. He clearly doesn't rate a good few of our players despite what we see as fans.

He won't get sacked by Fenty bar a plunge to the relegation places.

There will be a big summer clear out of a lot of player's that don't suit sladeball and next season we will see the full effect of his management skills. Hoof.

That I'm afraid is the bottom line.

I can't stand sladeball by the way. I am in no way endorsing the state of things. I just can't see a positive outcome.

Unless he has a January and summer shopping list that includes players with pace, power, and a goal keeper that can catch a cross and doesn't chuck a few in the next we will be watching the same old turgid football.

On that joyous note.
Happy New Year.

Why is the Osborne situation Slade's fault?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 342
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 28, 2017, 7:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177

Luton are flying and scoring for fun. They play an expansive passing game and are said to be the Man City of league 2, so I wouldn't put much store by that comparison. I guess most of the teams they are thrashing look a "long ball side" as they desperately try to clear the danger.  

And apparently we're being touted as the millwall of div 2

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 342
lowerfindus
December 28, 2017, 7:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why is the Osborne situation Slade's fault?

Where did I say the Osborne situation is Slade's fault?

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 342
forza ivano
December 28, 2017, 7:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
If osbourne has got personal/ driving issues, how on earth can that be slade so fault?

One other point re Luton, there's absolutely no chance of us being able to play through
Lutons midfield.the only choice was to bypass them and try and create something out of a long ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 342
HertsGTFC
December 28, 2017, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from lowerfindus

Where did I say the Osborne situation is Slade's fault?

Maybe I read it wrong but............

"Slades the manager and ultimately Slade takes the rap. He clearly doesn't rate a good few of our players despite what we see as fans."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.