Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 143 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,608 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2017, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Not needed at this moment in time how utterly bizarre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 342
Mrs Doyle
December 28, 2017, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Not needed at this moment in time how utterly bizarre.

"Not needed at this moment in time due to personal circumstances." puts it into the correct context so something else is a big issue here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 342
denni266
December 28, 2017, 10:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +705
Gold Stars: 132
Its not a club any more its a circus  , run from top to bottom my clowns.   Have you read this Mr Fenty,, what the hell have you hired as a manager.. He is prob the best midfielder at the club and he is not needed ,, god help us all
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 342
HackneyHaddock
December 28, 2017, 10:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt while this was a "fitness loan", but "if I'm not needed" and "immediate recall option" say to me that he's either not wanted by the management and they're looking to minimise wage outlay while they try to sell him on, or that this is now not a "fitness loan" but a "disciplinary loan" designed to keep him saleable because he hasn't shown the requisite attitude or off-field discipline to be able to put himself in the frame for selection.  

You could pick apart all of these phrases for hidden meaning.  "If I'm not needed" could mean "Since you've no damn intention of picking me, Slades you big hoofball merchant." or it could mean "I need to be here with my family all week, but can come back to play if you have a sudden injury crisis".

"Personal reasons" can cover a multitude of things so I hope his situation is resolved soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 342
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Tin pot player who can’t take being away from home boo fookin hoo . Get rid and spend his wages on someone who wants to play or give a player like Clifton a run who would swim across a crocodile infested river to get to a game .

You know that's not gonna happen either.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 342
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 10:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt while this was a "fitness loan", but "if I'm not needed" and "immediate recall option" say to me that he's either not wanted by the management and they're looking to minimise wage outlay while they try to sell him on, or that this is now not a "fitness loan" but a "disciplinary loan" designed to keep him saleable because he hasn't shown the requisite attitude or off-field discipline to be able to put himself in the frame for selection.  

You could pick apart all of these phrases for hidden meaning.  "If I'm not needed" could mean "Since you've no damn intention of picking me, Slades you big hoofball merchant." or it could mean "I need to be here with my family all week, but can come back to play if you have a sudden injury crisis".

"Personal reasons" can cover a multitude of things so I hope his situation is resolved soon.

Probably a bit of both. I read it as 'if I'm flogging a dead horse and you're not gonna put me in the squad why am I going to flog myself up and down the motorways or be away from home.' And as Herts said, if he's got a decent job, part-time football close to family and friends might be economically and socially more inviting than 4th division football.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 342
promotion plaice
December 28, 2017, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Maybe the "Shin splints" thing became more of an issue when he went full time with us.

Just saying.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 342
HackneyHaddock
December 28, 2017, 11:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Perhaps Kingston, though I find it hard to believe he's moonlighting at the moment and I'm not aware that he has a profession or trade to take up on the side in any event.

If I had to come down on one of the scenarios, I'm inclined to think that he's got a personal or family situation that needs attention, and that the "If needed" statement refers to one-off games such as if we were to have an injury and red-card epidemic and need him for a game, then he'd come back for a few days.  

We've seen from other players (Matt, Clements, Browne) that players do often need time near family so in the context of a two and a half year deal, I hope he'll be back and ready to reward the club's support for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 342
golfer
December 28, 2017, 11:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,430
Gold Stars: 116
For over a year now and possibly a lot longer there have been lies and lies and more lies and when G.T. come out to dispel these lies there are more lies. There is hardly any information coming out of B.P. to inform the supporters of what is going on. If they made TRUTHFUL statements every now and again Grimsby Town would be a happier place and this would most likely travel onto the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 342
chaos33
December 28, 2017, 11:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Probably a bit of both. I read it as 'if I'm flogging a dead horse and you're not gonna put me in the squad why am I going to flog myself up and down the motorways or be away from home.' And as Herts said, if he's got a decent job, part-time football close to family and friends might be economically and socially more inviting than 4th division football.

Just playing devil's advocate but he is under contract. If every contracted player who wasn't currently getting a game decided to nick off to play for their local team because it suited their travel perogatives, then we might as well just pay every hired kicker week to week or take 'em on monthly loans, and then where would we be?
If Jamey Osborne isn't good enough to get in our first team match day squad then I clearly don't understand football, so the club and the player have confused me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.