Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 130 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,624 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 11, 2017, 7:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

Unless you mean that ordering six weeks in advance means goods only take three weeks to arrive that point is unfortunately irrelevant.
Your point about Chinese cars got me thinking. Didn't the Chinese take over Rover at some point? What happened to that? Genuine question...Can you buy a new version Chinese Rover? If not why did they pull out? I cannot remember.
You may be entirely right and we are worrying about nothing. My final point though is that there is no guarantee that foreign car firms currently here will necessarily want to stay here post Brexit. The government recognised that possibility very early on by doing a deal with Nissan which suggests if they weren't worried they wouldn't have seen the need to reassure them.

I thought I was the one who suffered with depression Ian , you must go to bed at night worrying about all sorts you will be a nervous wreck by the time we are out the EU,

Have a bit of confidence in your fellow Englishman, we will do better than ok, ok ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 164
grimsby pete
July 11, 2017, 7:25pm

Exile
Sorry I do not know how to post a link but if you want to see the extent of car manufacturing in China just google it and you will find they have already started selling them in the United States,

Sweet dreams.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 164
barralad
July 11, 2017, 8:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimsby pete
Sorry I do not know how to post a link but if you want to see the extent of car manufacturing in China just google it and you will find they have already started selling them in the United States,

Sweet dreams.

Only one of the top seven car manufacturers in China is Chinese. They produced 1.4 million models in 2016. Sounds like the Chinese aren't that struck on Chinese cars (a lot of which have European nous involved in their making) never mind exporting them.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 164
barralad
July 11, 2017, 8:13pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought I was the one who suffered with depression Ian , you must go to bed at night worrying about all sorts you will be a nervous wreck by the time we are out the EU,

Have a bit of confidence in your fellow Englishman, we will do better than ok, ok ?

Well there you go Pete. I have this ridiculous habit of taking notice of things that people who've worked in certain industries etc all of their lives rather than what people on a football message board say. I'll google the Rover thing and let you know...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 164
barralad
July 11, 2017, 8:18pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from grimsby pete

Plus there are Hundreds and Hundreds of millions ( too many to count ) of people living in China and India.
They also want trade deals with us.

AND

Boris said today if the EU think we are giving them billions for a divorce payment they can go whistle.

Yep..in the village of Hzou hou in the Chines hinterland the discussion in the paddy fields as they try to save the rice harvest is of little else...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 164
barralad
July 11, 2017, 8:28pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Grim74
Let's not forget the great news from president Trump he wants a free trade deal with the UK as soon as we leave the EU. The US economy is 35% larger than the EU27's suck on that Merkel.

It may mean nothing but on Sunday Trump was for a joint anti-cyber crime initiative with Putin's Russia. Today apparently it's never going to happen...says all you need to know about how much store you can place in his word. I do hope you are right though..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 164
grimsby pete
July 11, 2017, 9:23pm

Exile
Quoted from barralad

Only one of the top seven car manufacturers in China is Chinese. They produced 1.4 million models in 2016. Sounds like the Chinese aren't that struck on Chinese cars (a lot of which have European nous involved in their making) never mind exporting them.

How many of the top 20 car manufacturers in Britain are British ?

It does not matter does it ?

We only want one Chinese manufacturer to start in our country and sell cars at a lower price than all the others and that will bring the prices down for all of us.

My Chinese friend who is telling me all these facts is certain that this will happen and plans have already been drawn up to build the first Chinese car factory in England

AT Great Coates .

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 164
mariner91
July 11, 2017, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from grimsby pete

How many of the top 20 car manufacturers in Britain are British ?

It does not matter does it ?

We only want one Chinese manufacturer to start in our country and sell cars at a lower price than all the others and that will bring the prices down for all of us.

My Chinese friend who is telling me all these facts is certain that this will happen and plans have already been drawn up to build the first Chinese car factory in England

AT Great Coates .

The point he is making is that until they start to get a hold of their own domestic market and increase their share there ahead of Japanese, Korean and American manufacturers, they are hardly likely to sink millions in building a factory from scratch the other side of the world for a relatively small (compared to China) market that no longer has free access to the EU. The Chinese are slowly catching up, particularly in the value for money market and they've started eating in to some of the American manufacturers market share; Chevrolet and Fiat have both seen significant falls in their sales in China. But it will be a while before they are the market leaders and before then it's very doubtful they'll look to start selling their cars in our market where they have no reputation or brand loyalty to speak of.

Geely Group actually own Volvo already and so that probably rules out one of their biggest car companies opening up a factory in the UK, they've already got a factory in Gothenburg and thus have access to the single market. I'd suggest that any of their other major manufacturers would be more likely to open up a factory somewhere in the EU than in the UK purely because it is a much bigger market than we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 164
grimsby pete
July 12, 2017, 9:37am

Exile
The main objective of all car makers is to make a profit,

All the cars that we buy every years makes millions for them,

So when Brexit arrives will they price themselves out of business or will they take a hit, ?

A smaller profit is better than no profit or no sale at all,

I worked as a new car salesman so I know how much profit is in a new car,

Believe me its a lot,  there is plenty of wiggle room.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 164
grimsby pete
July 12, 2017, 10:09am

Exile
Quoted from barralad

Yep..in the village of Hzou hou in the Chines hinterland the discussion in the paddy fields as they try to save the rice harvest is of little else...

What the hell has that got to do with anything, ?

The next thing you will be telling me is the Welsh shag sheep.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 164
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.