Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 122 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,470 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 4, 2017, 12:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Grim74

I'm sure he's much to busy trousering his 400 grand per year as head a refugee charity (tax payer funded of course)

Yeah, A Tory would never do such a thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 164
Maringer
July 4, 2017, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Grim74

I'm sure he's much to busy trousering his 400 grand per year as head a refugee charity (tax payer funded of course)

Not much from our tax payers though.

It's a CIA front operation in any case, isn't it? Obviously does some charitable stuff around the world as well, but I'm sure the Tracy brothers wouldn't be happy with the political side of things...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 164
Mariner Ronnie
July 4, 2017, 1:31pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4

What!!! So the Sunday sport has been telling me porkies all these years Ron??  

How could I forget! Yeah good to have a peek every now and again

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 164
grimsby pete
July 9, 2017, 10:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
After the G 20 meeting , USA, Japan, China , India, Canada even Russia ready to make trade deals with us,

All is not doom and gloom remainers.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 164
Maringer
July 9, 2017, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
After the G 20 meeting , USA, Japan, China , India, Canada even Russia ready to make trade deals with us,

All is not doom and gloom remainers.

But, if the 'deal' has less favourable terms than the one given to EU members (which is probable), we are still worse off. Why should these countries offer us 'better' trading terms than they give the world's largest trading bloc of 450-odd million people?

We've got our caps in our hands and they know it. Any deal will be inferior to the current deal. No reason for any of these countries to do us a 'favour' and accept inferior terms for themselves as compared to the current terms we operate under.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 8:14am

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

But, if the 'deal' has less favourable terms than the one given to EU members (which is probable), we are still worse off. Why should these countries offer us 'better' trading terms than they give the world's largest trading bloc of 450-odd million people?

We've got our caps in our hands and they know it. Any deal will be inferior to the current deal. No reason for any of these countries to do us a 'favour' and accept inferior terms for themselves as compared to the current terms we operate under.

The EU keep doing on about countries outside the EU not having as good a deal as those inside it,

So at the moment when they buy British they are paying a tariff  and so are we when buying from them,

So there is no reason we could come to a better agreement with them which will be better for both sides,

Stop looking on the black side things could be better lets wait and see.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 9:55am

Exile
Another thing while I am at it,

We are not going cap in hand to anybody, we buy a lot more than we sell to the EU, so they will want us to have a deal that we are happy with,

Otherwise we will buy our good from the other said countries instead,

S, African, Australia and Chile make some nice wines so we do not have to buy French,

We can buy cars from China that are half the price of German cars and they have just the same performance,

Italy can stick their clothes we will buy much cheaper ones from China that are good quality,

Need I go on or shall I just shoot myself now because according to the remainers it all doom and gloom.

Unless Corbyn gets in then we can have everything for FREE !!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 164
grimsby pete
July 10, 2017, 9:57am

Exile
One last thing, if we can not reach a deal then they will not get any divorce money from us either.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 164
Maringer
July 10, 2017, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Another thing while I am at it,

We are not going cap in hand to anybody, we buy a lot more than we sell to the EU, so they will want us to have a deal that we are happy with,

Otherwise we will buy our good from the other said countries instead,

S, African, Australia and Chile make some nice wines so we do not have to buy French,

We can buy cars from China that are half the price of German cars and they have just the same performance,

Italy can stick their clothes we will buy much cheaper ones from China that are good quality,

Need I go on or shall I just shoot myself now because according to the remainers it all doom and gloom.

Unless Corbyn gets in then we can have everything for FREE !!!!!!!!

Good Lord, Pete. You don't half post some nonsense sometimes.  

Lots of people who like nice wine, prefer to drink French wine. Why would you think this is going to change? These things are already 15 to 20 percent more expensive due to the devaluation of the pound since the Brexit vote.

In a similar vein, do you seriously think that people who buy BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Volkswagen/Porsche are going to suddenly buy some no-name Chinese cars? That is just nutty. Similarly, why would you think that the people willing to shell out on expensive Italian or French clothing are suddenly going to buy cheap imports from elsewhere? These people will continue to buy the same things but it will cost them more and that is more of our money leaving the country and increasing the trade deficit.

Realism shouldn't be confused with 'doom and gloom'. Why should any country give us any favours at their own expense? Why should they offer us better terms than those given to the world's largest trading bloc? Feel free to explain why, if you can.

No idea what you're going on about in the final sentence. Remember that the Labour manifesto was costed. Now, whether you believe that the manifesto is affordable or not may depend on your political leanings but, yet again, I'll note that the Scandinavian countries manage to achieve the things in the manifesto without bankrupting themselves and duly have better living standards and less inequality. If they can afford it, why can't we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 164
Maringer
July 10, 2017, 10:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
One last thing, if we can not reach a deal then they will not get any divorce money from us either.

In which case, we'll be hit with all sorts of tarriffs and charges as a 'punishment'. They could easily make it more difficult or even almost impossible to export to Europe whilst at the same time leaving the system for their exports to us much more simple. This is why none of the sensible Brexiteers are claiming we won't pay our share of the obligations. Let's hope we can negotiate as low a settlement as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 164
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.