Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,586 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
July 27, 2017, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

Ah the language of a quisling.... spoken like a true anti-British, anti democratic bitter remoaner.... have you no dignity?
How dare you insult millions of your fellow countrymen for daring to be brave to go against the propaganda and vote for an independent sovereign nation, free from the shackles of a failing dictating federal state.

Uncle Vladimir told me that too!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 164
Maringer
July 27, 2017, 11:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Grim74

Ah the language of a quisling.... spoken like a true anti-British, anti democratic bitter remoaner.... have you no dignity?
How dare you insult millions of your fellow countrymen for daring to be brave to go against the propaganda and vote for an independent sovereign nation, free from the shackles of a failing dictating federal state.

I was raging when I first read your your outrages, spiteful, and nasty comments but I decided to hold back, luckily my iPad survived and now after reading them again Im not even angry, the word disgrace gets banded about all to flippantly these days but in you case you are a true definition.

As for the young being drunk off they must be in meltdown now that Corbyn has been exposed as charlatan  ðŸ˜‚😂😂

Oh, I somehow missed this latest diatribe. Still comical, mind. You're becoming ever-more the parody of a foaming right-wing lunatic.

If (and hopefully, when) the Labour Party get into power, I certainly hope that they do deal with the legacy of student debt which the Tories (of various stripes) have heaped on young workers over the past decade, but let's not try to pretend that there was ever a promise of debt cancellation. As I've stated earlier, my view is that creating money via QE to cancel this legacy debt would certainly give a bigger boost to the economy than we saw from the QE which mostly benefited the wealthy and the banks, but it remains to be seen whether this is the route which would be taken.

Anyhow, enough fake news for now. Off on my hols so unlikely to be posting much over the next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 164
Grim74
July 29, 2017, 10:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

Oh, I somehow missed this latest diatribe. Still comical, mind. You're becoming ever-more the parody of a foaming right-wing lunatic.

If (and hopefully, when) the Labour Party get into power, I certainly hope that they do deal with the legacy of student debt which the Tories (of various stripes) have heaped on young workers over the past decade, but let's not try to pretend that there was ever a promise of debt cancellation. As I've stated earlier, my view is that creating money via QE to cancel this legacy debt would certainly give a bigger boost to the economy than we saw from the QE which mostly benefited the wealthy and the banks, but it remains to be seen whether this is the route which would be taken.

Anyhow, enough fake news for now. Off on my hols so unlikely to be posting much over the next week.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/.....-making-the-promise/

No promise he should of told his fellow MPs!  don't try and spin out of this one you know dam well what Corbyn implied, and the stupid snowfslaqkes swallowed it. There will be plenty now put off from voting for a very long time Corbyn has proved he's no different to the rest of the pigs he will say owt to get into power.

Had to laugh when Angela Rayner admitted Labour’s plan to scrap student debt would cost £100billion  and they don’t know where the money would come from 😂😂😂 and you want these in power😂😂😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 164
barralad
August 1, 2017, 11:08pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim74

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/.....-making-the-promise/

No promise he should of told his fellow MPs!  don't try and spin out of this one you know dam well what Corbyn implied, and the stupid snowfslaqkes swallowed it. There will be plenty now put off from voting for a very long time Corbyn has proved he's no different to the rest of the pigs he will say owt to get into power.

Had to laugh when Angela Rayner admitted Labour’s plan to scrap student debt would cost £100billion  and they don’t know where the money would come from 😂😂😂 and you want these in power😂😂😂

Yep you are probably right Grim. Have a word with your mates in No.10 and get them to hold another General Election. Oh wait....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 164
grimsby pete
September 11, 2017, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Serious question, we are about or MP's are going to  vote on changing EU law into British ones,

What do you suggest we do if the bills do not go through,

Revise them ?

Keep them under the EU ?

Have another election ?

Or what ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 164
Grim74
September 12, 2017, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
Serious question, we are about or MP's are going to  vote on changing EU law into British ones,

What do you suggest we do if the bills do not go through,

Revise them ?

Keep them under the EU ?

Have another election ?

Or what ?

Thankfully the we still have MP's who honour and respect democracy, but these quisling cowardly traitors who have once again betrayed the British public make me sick, I hope the people of Grimsby now see through the treacherous melanie Onn thinks who thinks only about her career and not the views and wishes of the constituents she pretends to represent.

I take heart heart from Corbyn and his band of misfits being defeated once again the champion of lost causes 😄

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 164
barralad
September 12, 2017, 12:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim74

Thankfully the we still have MP's who honour and respect democracy, but these quisling cowardly traitors who have once again betrayed the British public make me sick, I hope the people of Grimsby now see through the treacherous melanie Onn thinks who thinks only about her career and not the views and wishes of the constituents she pretends to represent.

I take heart heart from Corbyn and his band of misfits being defeated once again the champion of lost causes 😄

As usual we will have to agree to disagree about the representation provided by Ms Onn. I suspect she is concerned with the very real threat that last nights vote edged us closer to the point where the "Government" can amend legislation about working hours, minimum wage etc.etc. without proper scrutiny by parliament. You will no doubt disagree but I suspect that an awful lot of constituents in Ms Onn's seat will be very worried by that possibility. If you are going to reply please don't use words like traitor, cowardly and treacherous because the last time I looked valid putting forward of alternative views was part of the democratic process you claim to love so much. I'd also remind you that Labour Party policy is to support Brexit. Nobody in their right mind would let the U.K. drift into the sort of Brexit being "negotiated"  by the distant relatives of Joey Grimaldi aka Boris, David Davis and co.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 164
grimsby pete
October 2, 2017, 11:16am

Exile
After the illegal  vote in Catalan to leave Spain ,

1.   Do you  agree that it was right for them to have the vote. ?

2.   .Do you think Scotland will try and do the same once brexit is finished,?

Whether the government gives them the right to have another vote or not.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 164
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2017, 7:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
After the illegal  vote in Catalan to leave Spain ,

1.   Do you  agree that it was right for them to have the vote. ?

2.   .Do you think Scotland will try and do the same once brexit is finished,?

Whether the government gives them the right to have another vote or not.

How do you know it's illegal? Is there a statute in Spain making votes illegal? If so, where does it end? If there is such a law it'd have to specify which votes are legal - e.g. football clubs (and their members (like Barca AND Real Madrid), company boards, other sorts of clubs, informal gatherings (where shall we go tonight?). Seems a cumbersome instrument.

The UK government will agree to a Scottish referendum again at some point if there is sufficient demand. I think we have a more grown up attitude than the government in Madrid.

Having said that, personally I think Catalan nationalism is a bad idea. Like any other nationalism. I don't see there being the oppression of Catalans that there was under Franco. Where does it leave the sizeable minorities in Catalonia who come from other regions of Spain? What will their rights be under any new country? Will they end up like the 'Russian' (actually many different nationalities from the old SU) minority people in Estonia, denied a passport because they can't speak the majority language to a high enough standard? That could easily lead to further conflict. Think that's an exaggeration? look what happened the last time a European country began to break up under 30 years ago. Look at the state of the Caucasus since the Soviet Union began to falter - there's still at least two wars that haven't formally ended.

Why then stop at the Catalans in Spain? What about the ones in France? Will they join? Ditto the Basques on both sides of the border. Then there's all the other groups in other European countries. Imagine the creation of all those duplicate governments. All the disruption and expense - much like Brexit! We've all got better things to do.

The Guardia Civil are representatives of another kind of nationalism, and in their zealotry have probably done the cause of Catalan nationalism the power of good. Nationalisms always breed other nationalisms. The whole point is to define yourselves differently from other people. It's more insidious than patriotism (which I'd define as love for your homeland, culture and society - but it isn't exclusive). And nationalism caused World War I and World War II, and could easily cause World War III.

Fragmentation of western countries like this also weakens us all relative to the east. That is a strategic concern. Putin, the Chinese guy and Kim are probably all rather pleased about this. We need to find ways of sticking together that respect people's traditions and identity without recourse to civil guard's the baton.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 164
grimsby pete
October 4, 2017, 2:05pm

Exile
I did not say it was illegal ( well I did ) but was just reporting what the Spanish government told me.  

The next to declare independence will be Suffolk, Power to the people

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 164
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.