Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 267 Guests

The Politics Thread .

This thread currently has 17,618 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 13, 2017, 12:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
On a personal level, i buy Russian birch plywood. The cost of it has gone up by about 40% since we voted for brexit, so fook brexit i say. It's been a disaster for my business and i am having to raise my prices. All my costings were done last April and now my business is suffering. I can't raise my prices too high so soon after agreeing a pricing structure with my customer, so i have to take a substantial hit.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 164
barralad
July 13, 2017, 1:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Grim74
Don't forget all the so called experts said this would happen before when we refused to join the EURO yes some traders may of lost there jobs but we still remained number 1. That's not to say I wouldn't take it serious, but the synic in me says it's just the bankers and their  mates looking after there own interests AGAIN.

I'm trying to be objective here but why would anyone take what either "side" say without a verylarge pinch of sodium chloride?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 164
mariner91
July 13, 2017, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from grimsby pete

Buying cars at a lot lless price than you would pay ( if you could ever afford to buy a new one ) plus 2 or 3 holidays abroad over a 30 year period means if I am thick ( which you make out ) what are you ?

Okay pal. I just find it ironic that the person who gets upset over red crosses or has gone complaining to the mods numerous times because people are being mean, gets so personal.

You've no idea what job I do, how much I earn or what qualifications I may have but sure, you're really intelligent and I'm thick. Tell me again how no deal will mean trade stops completely?

Since when did a holiday abroad prove wealth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 164
Maringer
July 13, 2017, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Grim74

The voice of Doooooooooooooom!!!! Do you have anything at all positive to say seems you just love putting our country down.

To say we aren't exporting computers is just childish in a way a toddler with a nappie on won't accept he's wearing one🙄

The latest annual stats show that we factually exported $3.69B worth of computers with 11% going to the USA! (Go on tell me that's nothing) now considering we are going to get a favourable trade deal then the $54.7B worth of exports will only increase. Check out the FACTS where you will find we do export gems but mainly gold really good interactive site if your bothered - http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/#Exports

The EU’s share of the world economy has been declining it's a great time to jump ship and connect freely with our world tradeing partners - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fin.....in-three-charts.html

As far the banks scaremongering there are two sides to every story....... far from a disaster!!!!!
http://www.cityam.com/249639/moodys-says-uk-banks-dont-need-eu-passporting-rights

Sigh. Pointing out factual information is not, 'putting your country down'. That's the sort of half-witted nonsense that Leadsom was ridiculed for the other week. I was correct before - you really are getting more and more absurd.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you agree with me that we export next to nothing in the way of computers. $3.7 billion makes up less than 0.9% of our exports from your figures. As I pointed out previously, much of the hardware in any computer exports comes from the far east so these exports won't be high-margin items. Using your own source, you'll see that we imported $15 billion of computer goods that year:

http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visualize/tree_map/hs92/import/gbr/show/8471/2015/

A trade deficit of just $11.3 billion that year in computers! Now we're really cooking with gas...

Gems? Well, for diamonds, we exported $1.58 billion versus imports of $2.33 billion, so just a $75 million deficit there. Jewellery? A $50 million deficit. Very kind of you to largely prove my points for me.

The Gold figures are a bit peculiar, that's for sure. We don't mine much in the way of gold here ([url=http://www.indexmundi.com/minerals/?product=gold]link[/url]), a tiny fraction of a percentage of the world's production, in fact. I'd guess it must be that a good chunk of the major gold mining companies must currently be in the UK stock market so therefore we get the value of their exports against our economy. Let's hope they don't decide to decamp elsewhere. Regardless, gold production is at a peak and won't be going higher so don't expect any great changes in this value unless the price of gold leaps up again. Of course, it could also fall a great deal.

As for your link about bank passporting, I would be wary about what Moody's or any of the other ratings agencies say. After all, they were culpable for the financial crash a decade ago after laughably awarding junk bonds AAA ratings. It will be interesting to see if what they say is correct in this regard, though even their report said the following:

Quoted Text
Moody's did say it was "likely that some banks and other financial services companies may choose to move some UK-based activities to the EU before the withdrawal negotiations are complete, given the uncertainty of the outcome."

Once they've moved, they aren't likely to be back too soon.

There we go, then. More factual information (or as factual as can be provided). Does this make me some kind of a traitor, then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 164
Maringer
July 13, 2017, 2:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am a retired man who has made a success of myself once leaving Grimsby and I have bought a new car every 3 years since I have been down here , The last one being last month,

Are you actually buying that car, Pete, or are you just leasing it on a PCP? If so, you don't actually own the car unless you pay the balloon payment. If you're actually buying outright then selling every few years, you must be losing an absolute fortune in depreciation.

As for the Magic Money Tree stuff, as I've previously explained, if you have a fiat currency of which you are the sole issuer there really is no limit (within reason) to how much money you can create.

The state can create as much money as it likes (as shown by QE) and has also authorised banks to create money as well, though to a more limited degree. In fact, I suppose you can say there are actually two magic money trees:

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/tle-pick/magic-money-tree-fact-two/26/06/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 2:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from mariner91

Okay pal. I just find it ironic that the person who gets upset over red crosses or has gone complaining to the mods numerous times because people are being mean, gets so personal.

You've no idea what job I do, how much I earn or what qualifications I may have but sure, you're really intelligent and I'm thick. Tell me again how no deal will mean trade stops completely?

Since when did a holiday abroad prove wealth?

Well you are wrong with most things you have come out with and you are wrong again,

I have never complained to the mods about red crosses or about anybody,

I fight my own battles so if you want to talk face to face that can be arranged,

I did put a thread on once to ask the question on why people put ticks and crosses on,

I never said I was wealthy either, I just pointed out if I was thick which you kept implying how come I have been able to do all these things plus retire when only 59.

I have no interest in what you do or how much you earn,

What I do not like about you is the way you make out ; every body is wrong if they have a different opinion to you,

I have never called you a remoaner like you put on another post so you are wrong again,

I am fed up of taking the urine out of you now because there is nothing left,

Enjoy your life and your retirement when you get to 75 you would have earned it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 2:51pm

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

Are you actually buying that car, Pete, or are you just leasing it on a PCP? If so, you don't actually own the car unless you pay the balloon payment. If you're actually buying outright then selling every few years, you must be losing an absolute fortune in depreciation /

That post was not aimed at you mate , it was mariner91 getting up my nose a bit making out I talk rubbish so must be thick,

As it happens I do not and have never have leased a car, I buy a new one when I want because I can.

That is not me being flash but I have earned my money so I can spend it on what I want,

I have been retired for over 10 years now and I am comfortable not wealthy,

I planned all my working life that I would retire at 58 so I could enjoy my retirement but had to wait until I was 59 when my last investment paid out,

I don't know why we can not have different views on things without the" I know better than you" attitude that 91 gives out so that's why I started taking the urine,

He is so up his own bottom that he still did not believe me when I told him I was winding him up,

I thought that the Chinese building a car factory at Great Coates would convince him but no it didn't.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 164
mariner91
July 13, 2017, 4:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well you are wrong with most things you have come out with and you are wrong again,

I have never complained to the mods about red crosses or about anybody,

I fight my own battles so if you want to talk face to face that can be arranged,

I did put a thread on once to ask the question on why people put ticks and crosses on,

I never said I was wealthy either, I just pointed out if I was thick which you kept implying how come I have been able to do all these things plus retire when only 59.

I have no interest in what you do or how much you earn,

What I do not like about you is the way you make out ; every body is wrong if they have a different opinion to you,

I have never called you a remoaner like you put on another post so you are wrong again,

I am fed up of taking the urine out of you now because there is nothing left,

Enjoy your life and your retirement when you get to 75 you would have earned it.

I've made out you're wrong when you undoubtedly are so which has been on a number of occasions when discussing things like Brexit and politics, topics you evidently have very little grasp of. I know for a fact that you've complained about posters calling you names on here before but then reality seems to be difficult for you to comprehend at times so I guess I'll forgive you for the lapse in memory. Your unwavering belief that you have been far more successful than I will ever be is quite amusing especially considering you said you worked as a car salesman. How could I ever top that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 164
barralad
July 13, 2017, 5:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Come on now chaps...it's getting desperate. Nothing to be gained from this public spat. The whole thing does go to show though how deeply the country is divided with neither side willing to give an inch.
Can we call it a draw?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 164
grimsby pete
July 13, 2017, 5:40pm

Exile
Quoted from barralad
Come on now chaps...it's getting desperate. Nothing to be gained from this public spat. The whole thing does go to show though how deeply the country is divided with neither side willing to give an inch.
Can we call it a draw?

That's fine by me Ian but 91 has no idea how much a successful  car salesmen can earn,

When I was doing it I was on more money than the Prime Minister.

The End

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 164
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Politics Thread .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.