Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 202 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,150 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
April 10, 2017, 8:08pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from grimps
It'll be interesting to see how the players perform now they've got rid of him then if thats what happened

Well when the Leicester players got rid of Ranieri they won their next 5 games. Maybe we'll do that now and sneak into the play-offs.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 287
Rick12
April 10, 2017, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Gutted for him.Wrong thing to do  in my view.

Sorry to see you go Marcus

All the best.Hopefully you can become a success somewhere else

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 287
TheCodfather1966
April 10, 2017, 8:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
The only shocking thing out of all of this for me, was the fact, why wasn't Bignot sacked after the Doncaster game ???  I am pleased he has gone, no question there, but to let the guy get an away win, then let him say he is looking forward to the Easter games, does seem slightly mean in all fairness.  No doubt Marcus will be very bitter towards the club now, probably with some cause.  In my opinion he tried to run before he could walk, tried to be too radical before he got a real grasp of league management.  I think his main downfall was way too much tinkering with the team, and not always playing his strongest 11, week in week out.  A football club is a business, not a toy to experiment with.  I wish Marcus all the very best for the future, and hope that he has learnt from this whole episode.  Touch wood for Marcus he will learn from this and come back a stronger and better manager, and a lot wiser for this experience.  Nobody wants any guy to fail and lose his job, as fans all we want is the very best for our club.  Managers come and go, we are here for decades.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 287
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2017, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,982
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
The only shocking thing out of all of this for me, was the fact, why wasn't Bignot sacked after the Doncaster game ???  I am pleased he has gone, no question there, but to let the guy get an away win, then let him say he is looking forward to the Easter games, does seem slightly mean in all fairness.  No doubt Marcus will be very bitter towards the club now, probably with some cause.  In my opinion he tried to run before he could walk, tried to be too radical before he got a real grasp of league management.  I think his main downfall was way too much tinkering with the team, and not always playing his strongest 11, week in week out.  A football club is a business, not a toy to experiment with.  I wish Marcus all the very best for the future, and hope that he has learnt from this whole episode.  Touch wood for Marcus he will learn from this and come back a stronger and better manager, and a lot wiser for this experience.  Nobody wants any guy to fail and lose his job, as fans all we want is the very best for our club.  Managers come and go, we are here for decades.

UTM

He was possibly not sacked after Donny as JF wanted to get a contingency in place but more likely after Donny it possibly came to a head with the players? Remember when you played if you turned up (on a Sunday morning in my case) and the manager did not pick the better players you sat there in the dressing room a bit p1ssed off as it lessened your chance of winning. So when we played Donny MB did exactly that, again!! What Marcus failed to understand was his chopping and changing has a bigger impact when you are dealing with full time experienced pros some of whom have either been part of the fabric of the club for a good few years or played at a higher level than he has managed than it does when you deal with PT players.    

The cynic in me also feels that at Solihull he was the biggest noise at the club, he had a say in everything that went on and he tried to be that at GTFC which is a big mistake as he should have just focussed on getting the 1st team right before anything else. He'll be o.k though as he will walk into a job in The National League or the Ladies game without a doubt.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 287
buckstown
April 10, 2017, 8:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Its interesting that some people think the players have stabbed MB and should be ashamed. Thing is they are just normal blokes and need to be motivated when the go to work. Anyone who's worked for a poor manager knows how miserable life can be, and the manner of some of our defeats stunk of a split camp. The Stevenage debacle was a deafening alarm bell and a clear sign that something was badly wrong.
You can't blame the emloyees if someone asks how happy they are and they tell the truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 287
GrimRob
April 10, 2017, 8:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,431
Gold Stars: 113
Generally, I think managers don't get enough time. However, I never took to Bignot after the initial euphoria, his whole approach seemed utterly chaotic to me. I think the timing is excellent because it gives someone a crack at the last few games where we are 80/1 to make the play-offs, so no pressure. Then the whole summer to sort things out. Don't mind if it's not Slade but an experienced manager at this level would be a good move.

Bignot will consider himself unfortunate to be sacked after an away win at Blackpool, but he's only got himself to blame for trying to start a revolution when all that was needed was a period of consolation.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 195 - 287
TheCodfather1966
April 10, 2017, 9:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Wise words GrimRob, totally agree with you.  I think it is critical that we get the feel good factor back in Town and come out all guns blazing for next season.  We will as well, I am sure of that.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 287
moosey_club
April 10, 2017, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Think back to the fans forum, there were one or two moments there between JF/MB that seemed awkward...the question regards Asante saw JF have a little snipe and there was also the subject of fitness/conditioning coach again as well...
The board have given MB some excellent backing, additional backroom staff, additional signings.....but we do not appear to have improved on the pitch, inconsistent results and performances, utter defensive collapses, chopping and changing players,  we have dropped League positions since his arrival and players like Asante and Yussuf  dont hardly get anywhere near the team and hardly any entertainment whatever the result.

Maybe its just a culmination of the above, maybe the odd team selection and capitulation against Donny on top of the above led to discussions and decisions.

Just a few hours after the news i am now thinking....perhaps not so suprising and i am definately not bothered.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 287
chaos33
April 10, 2017, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,964
Gold Stars: 360
Tend to agree with Moosey

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 287
Sigone
April 10, 2017, 9:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
So if it's true that a player revolt has caused this, what happens if the 'Bignot' signed players do a revolt when the new guy walks in through the door?

Things could get very messy, and the biggest losers will be the supporters  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.