Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 243 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,022 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
April 11, 2017, 2:54pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Mariner_09
McKeown's form has dipped as a result of the obviously uneasy relationship that he had with Bignot.

Sorry but the downturn in McKeown's form goes back to well before Bignot's arrival. He's been making spectacular, and costly mistakes for a couple of seasons now but they just seem to be getting more frequent. He's never really been the same since Croudson left

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 287
Jarmo.Is.God
April 11, 2017, 3:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
What a surprise, this has turned into an anti McKeown thread based on nothing...

Just because he got dropped, everyone assumes he got Bignot the sack... oh dear

How about the fact none of the players were happy with Bignot in charge?

When you've got arguably our best CB in Collins saying he hasn't had a new offer for a contract, and Bignot saying he has, something wasn't right.

And its now coming out we offered players new deals, but they wasn't willing to sign... which sounds like Pearson, Collins etc, and not McKeown, who has another year left...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 261 - 287
Mariner_09
April 11, 2017, 3:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
What a surprise, this has turned into an anti McKeown thread based on nothing...

Just because he got dropped, everyone assumes he got Bignot the sack... oh dear

How about the fact none of the players were happy with Bignot in charge?

When you've got arguably our best CB in Collins saying he hasn't had a new offer for a contract, and Bignot saying he has, something wasn't right.

And its now coming out we offered players new deals, but they wasn't willing to sign... which sounds like Pearson, Collins etc, and not McKeown, who has another year left...

I really don't know where the anti-McKeown sentiment came from, he's a perfectly capable league 2 keeper, are people bored of him or something? If I'd been told that I wouldn't play because of some arrogant, over confident and self-obsessed Man U kid had come in and everyone seemed to instantly fall in love with him, I'd be pretty miffed. Henderson was clearly a high quality keeper but I hated his cocky so and so demeanour.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 287
Grantley
April 11, 2017, 3:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Despite us conceding only 6 in 7 with him in goal?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 287
Mariner93er
April 11, 2017, 3:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I'd be cocky if I was that good. Does anyone actually think McKeowns done anything other than regress over the last couple of seasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 287
topuphere666
April 11, 2017, 4:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09

I really don't know where the anti-McKeown sentiment came from, he's a perfectly capable league 2 keeper, are people bored of him or something? If I'd been told that I wouldn't play because of some arrogant, over confident and self-obsessed Man U kid had come in and everyone seemed to instantly fall in love with him, I'd be pretty miffed. Henderson was clearly a high quality keeper but I hated his cocky so and so demeanour.

Cocky and self obsessed.

Jesus!
Yes he was confident but so he should be. He was/is a quality keeper who is destined for a great career.

Wouldn't you be a bit full of yourself if you were earning a few grand a week and training with the likes of Mata/Ibrahimovic/Pogba under arguably one the better coaches in the world of football?

At least Henderson had the balls to go out on loan and seek game time - which he had to wait for, for a long time. He could have easily sacked it off and picked his cheque up at Utd
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 287
Tommy
April 11, 2017, 4:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 935

DO we know that any of the above is actually true though???

No, and as said in my post I suspect we won't find out either.

I wasn't pretending to know what's happened though, and I used the word "if" to hopefully make the point that I was just speaking about the guesswork/rumours that have been doing the rounds.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 287
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 11, 2017, 4:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mariner93er
I'd be cocky if I was that good. Does anyone actually think McKeowns done anything other than regress over the last couple of seasons.

Have you considered that his current form may be his normal level and that previously he was over-achieving? He has never been mentioned as really badly wanted by a league club and there must be a reason for that. He is still a good reaction keeper but league action requires more than that. I thought it was a good move to make him captain for a time or two but I can't ever see him being a keeper who really commands his area. James is playing at his maximum level, he can't improve on this.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 267 - 287
April 11, 2017, 4:46pm
Guest User

Have you considered that his current form may be his normal level and that previously he was over-achieving? He has never been mentioned as really badly wanted by a league club and there must be a reason for that. He is still a good reaction keeper but league action requires more than that. I thought it was a good move to make him captain for a time or two but I can't ever see him being a keeper who really commands his area. James is playing at his maximum level, he can't improve on this.

Didnt he nearly sign for Shrewsbury in League 1?
Reply: 268 - 287
April 11, 2017, 4:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

No, and as said in my post I suspect we won't find out either.

I wasn't pretending to know what's happened though, and I used the word "if" to hopefully make the point that I was just speaking about the guesswork/rumours that have been doing the rounds.

Sorry mate I didnt see the "if"... Its just to me a lot of the posts on here and social media are toxic. "Fans" arguing about non-facts, digging into the players and the club based on no knowledge whatsoever of what has happened - Theres even some guy writing Slade Out, before he started!

I cant see that they would fire a manager lightly, and I imagine something must have gone on, but that is the situation. Russell Slade is being appointed tomorrow, we can do nothing but support him and hope that some of the success and fun of that season in 2005 comes back. As fans that is all we can hope for, and we show it by cheering and supporting our team. Posting about what fenty might have done/what involvement Macca had/slade playing boring hoofball is so counter productive.

Reply: 269 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.