KingstonMariner
April 12, 2017, 3:03am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from gtfc98
Out of interest did he ever move to the area?

Maybe that's one area he wasn't being naive about.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 287
dicko995
April 13, 2017, 3:01am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
And I got called for my statement on Henderson being bullied by Bignott a few months ago. The bullying never stopped and the players I presume have spoken to higher levels, so I guess this is the reason Bignott has been sacked. He is a jeckyl and Hyde character,nice to the fans, and crap to the players.Good riddance to him, so lets get behind the team and Sladey, I'm chuffed to bits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 287
forza ivano
April 13, 2017, 7:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from dicko995
And I got called for my statement on Henderson being bullied by Bignott a few months ago. The bullying never stopped and the players I presume have spoken to higher levels, so I guess this is the reason Bignott has been sacked. He is a jeckyl and Hyde character,nice to the fans, and crap to the players.Good riddance to him, so lets get behind the team and Sladey, I'm chuffed to bits.

Are you able to say anymore? Without revealing sources or getting yourself into trouble, obviously
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 287
BS baffles brains
April 13, 2017, 3:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
Well after reading the John Fenty interview in the Chronicle, and listening to his radio interview, it seems quite clear why the board lost faith in BIGNOT.  He was allowed to spend in January, but also promised to off load players, he spent but did not deliver the promised departures; the club are left with 31 pros.  JF stated in the chronicle that the wage commitment on the additions to the end of the season was 225k, the fees were 200k, on those players, so we can presume that the wages of the players not moved on is around 250k,  if my maths are right that's 675k of the Bogle money gone, with out Solihull's and the revenue's cut, in other words sodomist left.  Trying to manage 31 pros, to say the guy was naïve,  no a bloody idiot, who couldn't talk his way out of that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 287
RoboCod
April 13, 2017, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
So he wasted the budget and had to go? Only, a couple of posts before this one he was an awful bully and had to go. On Codgers thread it's apparently because Fenty had been coveting Slade for ages, the right time arrived  and Bignot should step aside.
All these posters suggesting we don't need to know what happened, while others freely add their own official versions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 287
forza ivano
April 13, 2017, 3:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RoboCod
So he wasted the budget and had to go? Only, a couple of posts before this one he was an awful bully and had to go. On Codgers thread it's apparently because Fenty had been coveting Slade for ages, the right time arrived  and Bignot should step aside.
All these posters suggesting we don't need to know what happened, while others freely add their own official versions.

and it could easily be a combination of all 3
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 287
Misterton Mariner
April 13, 2017, 4:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 1
I likened him to the king with a suit of no clothes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 287
HertsGTFC
April 13, 2017, 5:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from BS baffles brains
Well after reading the John Fenty interview in the Chronicle, and listening to his radio interview, it seems quite clear why the board lost faith in BIGNOT.  He was allowed to spend in January, but also promised to off load players, he spent but did not deliver the promised departures; the club are left with 31 pros.  JF stated in the chronicle that the wage commitment on the additions to the end of the season was 225k, the fees were 200k, on those players, so we can presume that the wages of the players not moved on is around 250k,  if my maths are right that's 675k of the Bogle money gone, with out Solihull's and the revenue's cut, in other words sodomist left.  Trying to manage 31 pros, to say the guy was naïve,  no a bloody idiot, who couldn't talk his way out of that one.

I am in full agreement with this apart from maybe there is some Omar money left as Dyson, Jones and Maxwell where brought in on the back of the Omar sale the others prior to Omar going and funded by better gates than we anticipated apparently. Also the wages for the existing players would have been part of the operating budget so should not have impacted the money we got for Omar. There is some money left why do you think Slade was so quick to come back?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.