Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,041 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
April 11, 2017, 10:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I agree rancido. It felt like he was testing players adaptability, and what their comfort zones were. People obviously didn't like It,  but I do think there was some logic behind it, if he was intending to play attacking football next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 287
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 10:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
He's said he wouldn't have changed so much if he didn't think he had time at the club. Think he's been let down myself.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 287
Mariner93er
April 11, 2017, 10:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
I agree. I think he was a genuine guy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 287
chicaneuk
April 11, 2017, 10:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Having had some time to think it over more, and reading the story in the Telegraph this morning.. it's just left me feeling more confused. His thoughts about the situation seem in line with my own.. he thought he had more time to get the time right, thought he was playing for a 'safe' finish this season despite being forced to part with the star striker - which has been accomplished.

Unless the management have managed to line up a stellar replacement, I just think this was a terrible mistake to make and I can't understand the thought process, at this point in the season to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 287
oldun
April 11, 2017, 10:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
A couple of points occur to me. At the recent forum, someone asked JF how well do you think Marcus is doing? A question he dodged by saying you had better ask Marcus. Then we got a waffly embarrassed answer from mMarcus.
Secondly, if there has been a revolt by senior players who might they be? If the group includes Disley, Maceown, Macallister, Gowling, Berrett, Davis, all of whom might be a bit pee'd off,  then they can all go as far as I am concerned. Good servants some of them, but only Macca likely to get a league club, we can do better looking to the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 287
headingly_mariner
April 11, 2017, 10:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
He's said he wouldn't have changed so much if he didn't think he had time at the club. Think he's been let down myself.

He completely should have been made aware of expectations by the board. But it's also massively naive of him to expect to be able to start pre season in January. If the rumours are true about the training sessions then the club have done the right thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 287
forza ivano
April 11, 2017, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Players not in the first team will always have gripes with the Manager that is normal within most clubs but it is the Managers job to handle this and players will normally, if reluctantly, accept their lot if given legitimate professional reasons behind team selections.

To be honest, like many posters and town fans in general, I was happy with MB's appointment, was happy to learn of his plans to develop the club as a whole in order to improve the first team, was prepared to be patient and wait a couple of seasons to see his plans hopefully bear fruit. I also said in a post last week that I was starting to get a feeling in my stomach all was not well. I believe I have seen all but one of MB's home games and the odd away match and looking back the best performance IMO was in that very first match v Barnet where he made positive substitutions which indicated he would not mind losing trying to win. That optimism has gradually faded away and whilst there have been some decent performances Carlisle & Mansfield in particular there has been far too many games when we appeared to have no shape or game plan whatsover.

Also his continual tinkering, whilst failing to once play McAllister, has been a matter for concern which has clearly impacted upon the players hence the "rebellion". I think we all wanted him to succeed, I do not buy into this cheap option from the conference theme (which would exclude the Cowleys from consideration, not thay they would be interested) but deep down from early March when there were no signs of a plan emerging I think I knew this would end badly.

Never met the guy or worked for him so comments from myself are based on gut instinct but I do feel he is someone who will be a success at some stage in the future and maybe this sacking, whilst possibly premature, may actually make him address his own weaknesses and he will ultimately be better for it. I hope so and now prepare for what appears to be the return of Slade. Would not be my choice but if he comes back I hope he succeeds and I also hope he also puts in place some of those infrastructure improvements that MB has mentioned are much needed.

excellent summation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 287
gtfc98
April 11, 2017, 11:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Out of interest did he ever move to the area?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 287
Hagrid
April 11, 2017, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from gtfc98
Out of interest did he ever move to the area?

No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 287
gtfc98
April 11, 2017, 11:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Hagrid

No

That was a load of balderdash too then! Thought he had "fallen in love with this town"?.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.