Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 67 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,153 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
April 10, 2017, 5:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
This club never fails to surprise. Genuinely don't know what to think. We need some clarity very quickly, and the three paragraph club statement doesn't do that for me. And here's me thinking the season was just going to drift away quietly!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 287
forza ivano
April 10, 2017, 5:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,244
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings

Good point Civvy. Maybe JF told them that if they win at Blackpool, he'd pull the trigger?  

i have the feeling that you may be close to the mark with that, ginny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 287
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 10, 2017, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,726
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Believe me that it is.

We've said - "Leave and don't come back" - and not allowed him to work his notice. That's why he's entitled to damages (his net pay that he would have received had he worked his notice).

It's a very cost effective way of getting rid of someone.

How do you know the contract does not allow for the employee i.e. MB, to be placed on garden leave or dismissed with full payment of notice?

Football manager's contracts are I am sure very different to the ordinary guy in the street and I would still guess contact has not been breached but without the paperwork we will not know for sure so academic argument!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 287
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2017, 5:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Surely there's got to be more than football results to this. He's not set the world on fire but then neither did his predecessors but they got much longer. If it is, it's bonkers.

All sorts of rumours out there. Be nice to get some clarity at some point but I doubt we will get anything official.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 287
ginnywings
April 10, 2017, 5:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
This club never fails to surprise. Genuinely don't know what to think. We need some clarity very quickly, and the three paragraph club statement doesn't do that for me. And here's me thinking the season was just going to drift away quietly!

Looks like it has come about hastily, so they just wanted to get it out there before it emerged through other means. I think they will explain it more when the dust settles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 287
Rodley Mariner
April 10, 2017, 5:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from forza ivano

i have the feeling that you may be close to the mark with that, ginny

There's a guy on 1FF who's a Lincoln fan but works for the GET. He posted something cryticon Saturday and is now saying he'd been told Bignot was being sacked yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 287
Abdul19
April 10, 2017, 5:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Thinking about it, the fact that Whild and Moore have also gone suggests it not another Newell scenario (Brian Stein hung around another week)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 287
Ipswin
April 10, 2017, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
A surprise but overdue event. He was out of his depth from day 1 in fact his appointment was IMO another Fenty member up. We needed an established manager on our return to EFL not some no mark from the non-league we had just left.
Get the new man in asap, get new contracts signed by Andrew, Collins et al, get Gunning back to Scotland in time for the Edinburgh Festival so he can do his comedy spot to an audience that might just find it amusing and clear out some of the others so the new boss starts with a relatively clean sheet in August
Well done John Fenty, whatever the real reason for the sacking ( which we will of course never find out the truth about) just a few months too late.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 287
lew chaterleys lover
April 10, 2017, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,744
Gold Stars: 237
Absolutely the correct decision in my eyes.

A bit of a marmite character, even those who supported him didn't seem to understand what the end game was, if there was one.

It is one of the strangest episodes Iv'e witnessed after all these years - appoint an up and coming manager who by and large the fans approve of, who then seems to go into meltdown before really getting his feet under the table.

I too understand a delegation of players had a meeting with the non chairman to show their concerns, and if a manager doesn't command the respect of the players then he has to go.

He will be kicking himself for making such a pigs ear of it. If only he had felt his way into the job before changing everything.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 287
Barrattstander
April 10, 2017, 5:45pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Ipswin
A surprise but overdue event. He was out of his depth from day 1 in fact his appointment was IMO another Fenty member up. We needed an established manager on our return to EFL not some no mark from the non-league we had just left.
Get the new man in asap, get new contracts signed by Andrew Collins et al, get Gunning back to Scotland in time for the Edinburgh Festival so he can do his comedy spot to an audience that might just find it amusing and clear out some of the others so the new boss starts with a relatively clean sheet in August
Well done John Fenty, whatever the real reason for the sacking ( which we will of course never find out the truth about) just a few months too late.

But do you trust Fenty to get it right this time, his record on appointing managers isn't great?

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.