Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 152 Guests

Bignot sacked

This thread currently has 51,003 views. Print
29 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 11, 2017, 11:14am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from gtfc98

That was a load of balderdash too then! Thought he had "fallen in love with this town"?.

He couldn't find a house with the right shape.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 287
Mariner Ronnie
April 11, 2017, 11:20am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He completely should have been made aware of expectations by the board. But it's also massively naive of him to expect to be able to start pre season in January. If the rumours are true about the training sessions then the club have done the right thing.

I might of missed it, what was these rumours regarding the training sessions?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 287
WetFlannel
April 11, 2017, 11:30am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
If McKeown was involved after his terrible form, embarrassing reaction to being out of the team for the first time in four years and actions after Doncaster then I hope he leaves in the Summer. Toxic fellow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 287
Les Brechin
April 11, 2017, 11:37am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Was still living at The Humber Royal AFAIK.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 287
Tommy
April 11, 2017, 11:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
If there are genuine concerns and reasons to sack the management team then I'm kind of ok about that (aside from the whole situation making the club look a bit stupid).

What concerns me is if the board have acted based on the opinions of players who are out of favour. If the players that have complained about the regime are (for example) McKeown, Disley, Gowling, Davies then of course they won't be happy as they're either out of the team or not highly rated (Macca).

I think too many fans have too much of an emotional attachment to players from last season to the point where it clouds people's views of them. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for their service and can see how Dizza especially loves the club. But at some point we have to let go, and it's only natural for a manager to come into a club and want to bring his own players in.

Even if Collins as an experienced pro was consulted, he's got no connection to the club beyond next month so what objective view could he give. I suspect we're never going to find out the real truth of what's gone on but I'd hope there's more to it than listening to players that clearly aren't in the manager's long term plans.

And when the new Manager comes in, is he really going to want to keep these mystery players in his squad going forward, knowing they've influenced the sacking of his predecessor? I'd imagine he'll want to ship them out the first chance he gets.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 287
April 11, 2017, 12:20pm
Guest User
Is someone, with the regular use of the words allegedly and supposedly gonna fill us in on what actually went on... if you start "i heard that.." you ll prob be ok...
Reply: 255 - 287
oldun
April 11, 2017, 2:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Opta stats. Check it out. MB obsessed with stats and classroom analysis, not popular with some players. A source close to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 287
golfer
April 11, 2017, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 114
Spot on Tommy--sense as usual
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 287
April 11, 2017, 2:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy
If there are genuine concerns and reasons to sack the management team then I'm kind of ok about that (aside from the whole situation making the club look a bit stupid).

What concerns me is if the board have acted based on the opinions of players who are out of favour. If the players that have complained about the regime are (for example) McKeown, Disley, Gowling, Davies then of course they won't be happy as they're either out of the team or not highly rated (Macca).

I think too many fans have too much of an emotional attachment to players from last season to the point where it clouds people's views of them. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for their service and can see how Dizza especially loves the club. But at some point we have to let go, and it's only natural for a manager to come into a club and want to bring his own players in.

Even if Collins as an experienced pro was consulted, he's got no connection to the club beyond next month so what objective view could he give. I suspect we're never going to find out the real truth of what's gone on but I'd hope there's more to it than listening to players that clearly aren't in the manager's long term plans.

And when the new Manager comes in, is he really going to want to keep these mystery players in his squad going forward, knowing they've influenced the sacking of his predecessor? I'd imagine he'll want to ship them out the first chance he gets.

DO we know that any of the above is actually true though???
Reply: 258 - 287
Mariner_09
April 11, 2017, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
McKeown's form has dipped as a result of the obviously uneasy relationship that he had with Bignot. I'm absolutely certain there was concerted effort to clear out the previous regime in January with Macca, Dis and Gowling made available and very "Hurst-style" players like Chambers and Summerfield being shipped out. I think the rubbish that MB talked was accepted initially but wore thin as a result of the inconsistent results, baffling team selections and the bizarre way that Macca and Dis have been dealt with. MB got hammered for his team selection against Donny in particular and it has been a regular theme of his premiership. Gunning, what is the point? Maxwell and Yussuf have barely played so why sign them? Is Clements better than Summerfield? Is Yussuf better than Jackson? Is Gunning better than Gowling? The answer to all of those is probably not and definitely not in Gunning's case.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bignot sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.