15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 6, 2016, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Personally i found the video quite amusing, reminded me of  Blott on the Landscape for those that are old enough...

Very nice of them too to film the whole thing and publish their views, plans and concerns ahead of any plans actually being submitted......if you know what your enemy are going to do....
i quite liked the opening gambit of we are appealing to the committee to reconsider the report as we have researched and found only 2 or 3 professional clubs have training facilities as part of their stadium so the development could be smaller meaning other sites might work !!

Also as others have pointed out....was there anybody younger than 50 or 60 in that room ?  Hardly the future of the town or even that ward being represented.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 141
moosey_club
September 6, 2016, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from craigy
I would love the stadium to be built on scartho top. At least that way we might finally have some shops on here after 15 years 😂

You have a load of shops on Second Avenue....

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 141
moosey_club
September 6, 2016, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Green27

Shine a light on the truth and watch the cockroaches scurry away. Both councillors could find themselves in hot water for their inflammatory remarks and rightly so. We have a right to know what is being said and it's a relief it was being filmed some of the stuff discussed was at times slanderous and down right lies.

You have to question a person who is not happy for a consultation meeting open to the public to be filmed.

Pretty sure that the above wont have gone unnoticed by JF and if he is half as vigorous as he is when someone on here airs a view i am sure he will follow it up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 141
Bawmariner
September 6, 2016, 10:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Building a housing development on the land next to Peaks Parkway makes a lot more sense than local plan proposals to build housing on Greenfield land south of the henavily congested toll bar roundabout. At least with a development on peaks parkway people can access the town centre by foot or cycling.

The general planning consensus is that spreading urban areas out is killing town centres, creating traffic congestion and meaning people spend more time commuting.

This development is needed not only for the stadium but to provide housing so we don't have to continue extending the town's boundaries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 141
Marinerz93
September 6, 2016, 11:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Surely defritarses comments are inciting acts of terrorism, he should be arrested and removed from his position.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 141
Marinerdan
September 7, 2016, 8:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Marinerz93
Surely defritarses comments are inciting acts of terrorism, he should be arrested and removed from his position.

I think that may be pushing it a little.....

However, councilors have to abide by a code of conduct which states that;

"Members shall at all times conduct themselves in a manner which will tend to maintain and strengthen the public's trust and confidence in the integrity of the Council and never undertake any action which would bring the Council, or its Members or officers generally, into disrepute."

I'm pretty certain that threatening to 'booby trap' an application doesn't strengthen the public's trust in the council. At the very least there are a few questions to be answered.

There looks to be a very robust complaint process, full details are on the link below.

https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/councillors-and-democracy/councillor-conduct/

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 141
Ipswin
September 7, 2016, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
As one of the councillors for Park Ward de Frietas objection is totally justified and understandable, he is making the case for his NIMBY residents (who lets face it vote for him) but can someone please refresh my memory about what his objections were to the Great Coates site (still the best option in my opinion for rail and road links)

I don't understand de Frietas attitude towards the Great Coates idea, what, other than him being a councillor, did it have to do with him. It did not affect his ward directly and would he object to the stadium in which ever ward was suggested.

As for the 'booby trapping' comment I think it has been taken out of context. I reckon they mean putting anything and everything in the way to derail, disrupt or delay the stadium in any way they can. Somehow I don't see some blue rinse elderly NIMBY in a flannelette nightie creeping into the building site at one in the morning with a couple of pounds of plastic explosive down her girdle. Sadly, as it would solve a lot of problems, I don't see de Freitas as a suicide bomber driving a truck full of homemade explosives into the site either.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 141
1mickylyons
September 7, 2016, 9:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin
As one of the councillors for Park Ward de Frietas objection is totally justified and understandable, he is making the case for his NIMBY residents (who lets face it vote for him) but can someone please refresh my memory about what his objections were to the Great Coates site (still the best option in my opinion for rail and road links)

I don't understand de Frietas attitude towards the Great Coates idea, what, other than him being a councillor, did it have to do with him. It did not affect his ward directly and would he object to the stadium in which ever ward was suggested.

As for the 'booby trapping' comment I think it has been taken out of context. I reckon they mean putting anything and everything in the way to derail, disrupt or delay the stadium in any way they can. Somehow I don't see some blue rinse elderly NIMBY in a flannelette nightie creeping into the building site at one in the morning with a couple of pounds of plastic explosive down her girdle. Sadly, as it would solve a lot of problems, I don't see de Freitas as a suicide bomber driving a truck full of homemade explosives into the site either.

You should have seen him when I had him trapped in my front garden Swin he squirmed like an eel.He point blank refused to answer any questions and would not listen to an opposing view his type are everything that are wrong with local politics.All this ground stuff aside lets not forget he was one of those who let over £3m of taxpayers money disappear into Icelandic banks without the publics knowledge THIS MAN IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 141
realist
September 7, 2016, 10:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Is fenty anymore trustworthy? Remember his comment on Humberside that the stadium was a done deal? I think there are far more corrupt and untrustworthy councillors than ADF. Like him or loathe him at least he is working passionately for those he represents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 141
1mickylyons
September 7, 2016, 10:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
Is fenty anymore trustworthy? Remember his comment on Humberside that the stadium was a done deal? I think there are far more corrupt and untrustworthy councillors than ADF. Like him or loathe him at least he is working passionately for those he represents.

£200M coming into the local economy I hope it is a done deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Residents meeting regarding stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.