Garth
September 6, 2016, 9:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Cloudy
My property in Park Ward has shown a slight increase in value over the last couple of years. Not that I wish to sell now as I think its value will boom in the next 10 years.

Happy Days!

Unless you are planning to move to a tent in the outer hebredies all property that you want to move to will have increased in price along with yours. Not so happy days!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 141
1mickylyons
September 6, 2016, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from realist
Tell  me how a football stadium for a few thousand fans will give such massive commercial and growth potential to the town?l
Secondly, house prices have dropped in the affected area since the announcement.
What we need is an independant survey into the best location. The SLR report only used data provided by gtfc and when you read it it is clear it was written with the intention of favouring pp. It will be interesting to see what the scrutiny panel make of it.
Finally, to have the nerve to speak out againt the proposal, I  am apparently:
A w anchor
A c* nt
Stupid twit
Single minded
Nimby
Selfish
Cant we have this debate in a reasonable manner and respect each others views?l

I live in said Ward and my house as increased in value so you have that wrong.It is not supposed to be just a football stadium and it will bring in quite a lot of much needed jobs. Any argument you have over the location of a football stadium should be taken up not with the Football Club but the local authority who after 20 odd years and counting of messing about have decided PP is the best available location.Further to your comment about a few thousand football fans what else in the Town or locally gets an average attendance of over 4k locals 23 times in 10 Months? The other key point here is if no-one other than the 4k are interested in GTFC how did they manage to take well over 25k to Wembley in a fortnight last Season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 141
Cloudy
September 6, 2016, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Garth

Unless you are planning to move to a tent in the outer hebredies all property that you want to move to will have increased in price along with yours. Not so happy days!

Not planning on moving at all.
Just means that when i pop my clogs there will be a little more for my daughter!
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 141
jimgtfc
September 6, 2016, 10:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 44
I'm not really buying into this traffic congestion argument. Due to my work I travel all over the country, from big cities like London and Birmingham to smaller towns similar to here like Luton and Rotherham. Trust me Grimsby has little problem with congestion in comparison to other areas. We have many well routed main roads that service the traffic well, a good number of exit routes out for a coastal town, and even in peak times, delays aren't too bad. I mostly travel to Hull city centre and the traffic at peak times along Clive Sullivan way and down Anlaby Road can be horrendous. I really don't see how a stadium used to potential maximum capacity once or twice a fortnight will severely increase the average traffic flow around the park ward area. A quick glance around the corner at the Scartho Road area that houses a busy hospital and a college/university that are used almost daily should relieve any concerns about traffic in my opinion. Also for the record I live just off Weelsby Road.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 141
cleethorpes_mariner
September 6, 2016, 10:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from realist
You have got me completely wrong there. Although a town fan I live near the proposed site. This development would impact considerably on the quality of life of my family, the value of my house etc. Therefore I am completely against the current project as it is rumoured to be (in the absence of any hard facts yet)
Does that make me a wum or a Defrietas clone because I have a different view to others. I can take all flack from those of you too blind to see past Fentys propaganda.
Nimby and proud

According to a few websites I have looked at your house price has risen since the project was announced, this with research nationally that tends to suggest house prices near a new football ground tend to increase after the development contradicts your thoughts.
What facts do you base your theory that the price will drop ?

The site below shows all the post codes around PP have had a rise in the last 6 months (the link below is Weelsby Ave)

https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/houseprices/dn320ah
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 141
mimma
September 6, 2016, 10:13am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Could I ask Realist, when Great Coates was the prefered site, & the residents there complained, what was your stance then?

Did you then ignore their complaints, call them NIMBYs  etc?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 141
realist
September 6, 2016, 10:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Yes i called them Nimbys. What I realise now that most of you dont is that its no problem until It appears on your own doorstep. I was guily of not listening to the concerns of those affected.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 141
Nelly GTFC
September 6, 2016, 10:40am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
I don't see how noise from the stadium has to be an issue; modern concave stadium roofs can be designed to reflect crowd noise without noise escaping, this is something the club and the architects should be looking into.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 141
Town Monkey
September 6, 2016, 10:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I don't live in Grimsby (and never have) so I can't comment on the specifics of PP vs other sites.  However, the initial reviews suggest that PP is the best option, and our Town and Club need a new stadium and this investment.

I used to live near Ashton Gate in Bristol, a ground with a higher capacity than that proposed at PP with what can only be described as poor road and rail infrastructure around it. Other than a hour or two prior to kick off, the stadium was not an issue at all.  Given that there were about 25 games a season, this wasn't an imposition at all and just required a bit of forethought once in a blue moon.  Funnily enough, the worst incident of disruption during the 5 years I lived there was a Bon Jovi concert.

Let's get this thing built!  Whilst being respectful and constructive in relation to residents' concerns.    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 141
September 6, 2016, 11:04am
Guest User
Quoted from realist
You have got me completely wrong there. Although a town fan I live near the proposed site. This development would impact considerably on the quality of life of my family, the value of my house etc. Therefore I am completely against the current project as it is rumoured to be (in the absence of any hard facts yet)
Does that make me a wum or a Defrietas clone because I have a different view to others. I can take all flack from those of you too blind to see past Fentys propaganda.
Nimby and proud

I am not unsympathetic towards your position. But sadly as in most development planning, there are always people that are not in agreement with it because of the perceived effect it will have on their life.

But when all is said and done, this will now come down to a planning matter. The club, developers and anyone involved in the project will now make the planning application, and will also submit a plan that takes into account any local needs, from roads and access through to services etc. It will come down to a simple matter of planning.

There really isn't anything critical that is going to adversely affect local residents that cannot be taken into account during the planning application. Of course some local residents would sooner it not happen, and don't want the additional build up etc. that goes hand in hand with a development like this. But these things happen. What's more there is a big benefit to the development taking place there, not only to people in the wider Grimsby community, but also to those that live in the immediate area.

There are huge parallels between this and what I also saw take place in the successful  Boston United planning application for their new development. This is on the A16 Spalding Road, which is almost like a carbon copy of the Peaks Parkway. A stretch of road on the outskirts of town with greenfield sites, but adjacent to residential areas that overlook it. The Boston United development was hotly debated in council, none moreso than by the residents of Frampton and Wyberton that overlooked the development site on both sides of the A16. But when it came down to it, the development planning application was passed on simple planning matters. There was need for the development and the housing. A need for the retail inclusion etc. The applicant satisfied all of the needs for roads and services etc and the application was successful.

As we speak, the club has actually commenced the development in Boston, starting with the all important roads and services work which is now well under way and almost completed. There was very little that the residents could do during the planning application other than make their objections. But the objections contained very little basis on which to deny an important planning application.

In summary, there is no doubt that the Peaks Parkway will get objection during the planning application. But the applicant will undoubtedly build the plan around and of the the objections that have valid planning points and I am sure the application will be successful.
Reply: 59 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Residents meeting regarding stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.