promotion plaice
September 5, 2016, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from realist
I am not moaning, just presenting the "other side of the coin"
You might feel the same oneday about something.
What you have to accept is that this town is an insignificant backwater. We don't even have a WH Smiths for Christ's sake. It is small in population with diminishing employment and lots of poverty. The last thing we need is one of last greenfield sites ruining with a vanity project.

Thanks for making a case for the new stadium.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 141
StaffsMariner
September 5, 2016, 10:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from realist
I am not moaning, just presenting the "other side of the coin"
You might feel the same oneday about something.
What you have to accept is that this town is an insignificant backwater. We don't even have a WH Smiths for Christ's sake. It is small in population with diminishing employment and lots of poverty.  The last thing we need is one of last greenfield sites ruining with a vanity project.

It actually sounds like its going to ruin your view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 141
realist
September 5, 2016, 10:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Yes it will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 141
pizzzza
September 5, 2016, 10:47pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from realist
It was an interesting meeting spoiled by the Prat filming it.  Lots of opposition  and understandable too. Long battle ahead.
nimby and proud

Hi Andrew!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 141
ska face
September 5, 2016, 10:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
I think if anything came across loud & clear, its that the residents see John Fenty as Grimsby Town Football Club, and use his name interchangeably with that of GTFC.

A lot of residents referred to "his" ground, "his" plans, and even him being "an already very wealthy man being given even more money by the council" and depriving the residents of the borough of funds. He does not appear to be a particularly popular man in these circles - if you thought he was disliked in the stands, his name was absolute mud at that meeting tonight. Sorry, but that's the truth and it's there for all to see.

We know that John Fenty is not the club, but does Joe Bloggs?

If we want to make any progress with this, Fenty needs to step away from being the public face of this project. Does Ian Fleming have any input in this, as the club's Chief Executive? How about appointing someone to lead on the communications side of this project, fronting it publicly and firefighting diplomatically in a way that Fenty has never been able to do? In 10 years time, this could prove to be a trivial expense, or we could carry on as we are doing, charging head on into a project fronted by a man who struggles to find friends at a club where he's invested millions over the past few years.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 141
promotion plaice
September 5, 2016, 10:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 141
bradzmilne
September 5, 2016, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,386
Gold Stars: 29
Very fair for residents too be concerned but some of the allegations are absolutely disgraceful. Claims of 'booby traps' and other nonsense, I don't care if it was meant too be taken as a joke - I don't want the future and sustainability of my football club joked about by someone in 'power'.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 141
Grim up north
September 5, 2016, 10:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
It's what it is because of the mindset of the loud 100 or so Nimbys that have held this town back. We are the only town of our size that has not been developed in the last 20+ years. If done like say Rotherhams New York Stadium it would be a centrepiece for the town with facilities the whole family could enjoy on match day. The Parkway will be developed in the next ten years for definite so your better with a stadium in use 23+ times a year than more housing than the original plan .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 141
realist
September 5, 2016, 11:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Good point Ska face i agree with you on that. I think the opposition would be just as strong though.

Bradzmilne, man up you wimp. Can't joke about the future of the club but its ok for everyone to take potshots at us nimbys,

Grim up north, we have been developed. We have the horrible paving and ridiculous Bethlehem st. One way system. Labour councils traditionally rip the heart and soul out of this town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 141
Chrisblor
September 5, 2016, 11:07pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from realist
Good point Ska face i agree with you on that. I think the opposition would be just as strong though.

Bradzmilne, man up you wimp. Can't joke about the future of the club but its ok for everyone to take potshots at us nimbys,

Grim up north, we have been developed. We have the horrible paving and ridiculous Bethlehem st. One way system. Labour councils traditionally rip the heart and soul out of this town.

Delete your account

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Residents meeting regarding stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.