15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
StaffsMariner
September 5, 2016, 11:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
I think youll find that was Icelandic cod wars and the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 141
Theimperialcoroner
September 5, 2016, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,183
Gold Stars: 102
ADF is a poisonous little toad, I'll never forget the debacle of Town supporting councillors having to abstain over the Great Coates vote and yet iirc Pete did not abstain despite enjoying many visits to watch Town.

To the present, the town still suffers from his and others regressive thinking. Look over the river at how Hull are pushing their city and contrast it to our efforts. When you've got local politicians wondering what happens when renewable energy runs out, you know you're in trouble. Stuff needs to be made to happen, not prevented, don't let those small minded, small town people win.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 141
mimma
September 5, 2016, 11:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Residents near any new development will always put up a fight to stop it happening.  It's normal and the council planning committee are use to such objections.

When it gets to the granting of planning permission the council have a huge amount of documentation to back up the application which will take some challenging.

If all they have is the crematorium and hospice arguments then a quick view of Stamford Bridge, next to Londonds largest cemetery,  & Watford,  literally opposit a large hospital should counter any arguments.

Traffic is the only issue of concern, but if Peakes Parkway was a duel carriageway like it should have been, it wouldn't have been an issue. Traffic in this town is always going to be an issue due to very bad planning, not because of a football match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 141
AndyGTFC
September 6, 2016, 1:17am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
The town's full of single minded people who are resistent to any change and it's not just the stadium. Most of these excuses are just that - excuses. It's bloody infuriating and is one of the reasons why people like myself are leaving/want to leave. No offence to anyone but the place is a shithole with very little happening and very few opportunities. It could desperately do with something like this.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 141
TheExiledMariner_Dubai
September 6, 2016, 5:54am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +49
sad but true but these NIMBYS are everything that is wrong with a town that i love but a place that is going nowhere and never will do with these clowns in charge. Jesus even the mudrats are more forward thinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 141
Cloudy
September 6, 2016, 6:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I managed a few minutes of the recording of the meeting and what struck me was the 'detailed' objection  to things that are in the attendees minds!

The entrance to the ground via Weelsby Road, the road running through the allotments etc.

There are NO plans to object too as yet!!!!

Yes, the local residents have the right to question the plans, influence access pathways etc but the overall lay out will be down to the planners ONCE the scheme gets the go ahead to be drawn up.

Protesting over hearsay fuelled by DeF makes them look a little silly to me
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 141
NorthseaMariner
September 6, 2016, 6:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Traffic is the only issue of concern, but if Peakes Parkway was a duel carriageway like it should have been, it wouldn't have been an issue. Traffic in this town is always going to be an issue due to very bad planning, not because of a football match.

This is very true, but unfortunately our roads are designed by Beverly, so we never get what we require.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 141
Wrawby_Mariner
September 6, 2016, 7:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
As realist said, THERE ARE NO HARD FACTS.... If that's the case why are they holding a meeting to discuss speculation?? Why not wait for the facts to arise and not moan about rumours??

Second point I picked up on, the value of your house would surely rise Realist, people these days want the best facilities local to them at their convenience.

Why can nobody in this town see the bigger picture. This town is dieing on its rear end, no investment no jobs no facilities, Jesus Christ, until the ACTUAL plans become public be open to them..
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 37 - 141
Bristol Mariner
September 6, 2016, 7:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Ground share with Scunny. (That's tongue in cheek before I get red crosses).

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 141
gtfc98
September 6, 2016, 7:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
It's c*nts like realist that are holding this town back. And yes I do blame the older, selfish generation for Brexit. Wake up and smell the coffee you stupid twit, this down is on its knees and it needs something like the new stadium to rejuvenate it.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Residents meeting regarding stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.