Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 41,102 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 23, 2016, 4:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Aren't we getting to the stage where its too late to get rid of the manager
There are only three weeks left of the loan window and it will take that long to appoint the new guy

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 218
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 23, 2016, 4:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
There are only three weeks left of the loan window and it will take that long to appoint the new guy

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 218
Quagmire
February 23, 2016, 5:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ginnywings

I asked this time last year if we would be having this conversation again at the same time this season and the answer is yes.

A few (you may be one Ginny) have been asking the same question for the past 3 Jan/Feb/March periods.

My main issue with Hurst is that he never seems to improve.  It's deja vu season upon season.

We start slowly in games, occasionally not showing up until the second half.

We forever seem to be playing catch up each season.  We're chasing top spot rather than fighting it out at the very top.

He makes pretty much the same type of substitutions at the same time in games, irrespective of what is happening on the pitch.

Half the time I don't even know what Plan A is, and I can't remember the last time we came up with a Plan  B.

We've needed a fourth striker all season (the same as last season until Palmer arrived) and we're still no closer to bringing someone in.

His January transfer dealings have been, Palmer excepted, dreadful!  Straker is this seasons Jamal Fyfield.

I don't think (and so far it's been proven) that he has what it takes to get this club promoted.  

At the very least a new manager now will have the benefit of working with the players now and seeing who he wants to keep in the summer, if we stick with Hurst and don't go up the 'excuse' from some fans/the board will be that if he leaves it's a complete rebuilding job that will set us back 'x' seasons!  (Of course this hasn't hindered Cheltenham but then again they seem to have someone in charge who appears to know what he's doing).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 218
Garth
February 23, 2016, 5:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Lets move on, whatever we say or think on here, he`s here to stay so just try and support the boys on the final run in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 218
Maringer
February 23, 2016, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
He brought in the striker who's the top scorer in our league and the player widely considered to be one of the hottest prospects in non-league football.

I do wonder if Hurst was expecting a bit more from Bogle, especially after his good start to the season? Possibly led to a bit of complacency when looking for the 4th striker and the subsequent loss of form from Bogle and poor goalscoring form of Pittman have left us way, way too reliant on Amond.

Wonder if it is due to the weather/pitch conditions to some degree? Bogle wouldn't be the first fairweather striker we've had who go great guns at the start (and hopefully the end!) of the season but drop off when it is invariably blowing a gale and is boggy underfoot. The lack of a physical presence up front has really been noticeable since Christmas when games seem to have been played in horrible conditions most of the time and the ball has been coming straight back at us too much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 218
kingster72
February 23, 2016, 5:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
The nevgativity that has set in these last couple of weeks is unbelievable considering the platform & momentum operation promotion should have given the team this season.  Our fans are second to none, Hurst has blown it, no ones fault but his own, the damage is done, no turning back! Hurst out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 218
Neilo83
February 24, 2016, 2:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Why is he still here?? Get rid and maybe, just maybe we can be successful in the playoffs, keep him and we know how this season is going to pan out..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 218
diehardmariner
February 24, 2016, 2:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Neilo83
Why is he still here?? Get rid and maybe, just maybe we can be successful in the playoffs, keep him and we know how this season is going to pan out..

Maybe, just maybe we can be successful in the playoffs?
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 218
arryarryarry
February 24, 2016, 3:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
I'm not Paul Hurst's biggest fan and said at the start of this season, if either we weren't in contention come the turn of the year or we don't achieve promotion he should be replaced.

Considering our current position and unless there is a complete catastrophic run of games without a win then he is here to stay until the end of the season.

Once the season is over and we see where we are then that is the time to review his position.

Like I've said If we don't go up then I don't see it happening for him here and we should look elsewhere.

Go up and I will be his biggest fan.
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 218
Jarmo.Is.God
February 24, 2016, 3:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Neilo83

the play-offs are a lottery as such, the best team will win the league after 46 games.

but the best team doesn't always win the play-offs.

but Hurst will know more about this team, than a new manger, we are too late now to make a move IMO, unless we go on a dire run and the play-offs don't look certain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.