Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 41,104 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
February 22, 2016, 6:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from barralad

Ah that little used word pendantic adj. like a pendant OED.

Sorry mate. Beginner's error. Come back when you've got a few good spots under your belt.

See what what I mean... bloody pedant  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 218
IlkleyMariner
February 22, 2016, 6:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Sorry, I thought the thread was "Hurst Out" not a spelling test.

We should let Paul have until/if we fail to get promotion before deciding to dispense with his services.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 218
lukeo
February 22, 2016, 7:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
someone put you'd rather manage grimsby than exeter? sorry but having lived in grimsby for 20+ years and near exeter for 4 years I disagree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 218
barralad
February 22, 2016, 7:43pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Sorry, I thought the thread was "Hurst Out" not a spelling test.

We should let Paul have until/if we fail to get promotion before deciding to dispense with his services.

It's called banter-this board has been missing it lately.

Tell me. Do you go out on that there moor baht'at? Good training for night games at Blundell Park...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 218
Bigdog
February 22, 2016, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
It is admirable to believe that Hurst should have until the end of the season, but I think the writing is on the wall for everyone to see. He's lost the dressing room and lost the majority support of fans. We have enough points in hand to give a new manager a chance to get us promoted. Everything now seems so stale.

Where the "give Hurst until the end of the season" argument falls down is the following scenario. If we do not get promoted and he gets the sack where will that leave us? Very few players left on contract, the rest, free agents. During the time it will take to appoint a new manager our best players will have moved on and will shy away from any uncertainty. If we get a new manager in now, at least the players will be offered some continuity. IF Fenty does choose well then I don't think the new manager will have any less of a chance than Hurst to get us promoted. A freshen up is what we and the players need. A new manager may also pull a couple of gems in the loan market off, players he knows well and trusts.

I'm not anti- Hurst, even though I think he's always been uninspiring and one dimensional.  I'm just realistically and passionately pro-GTFC and don't think Hurst will ever deliver what we desperately need. A win against Woking won't change our long term future. It will delay our club's best interests.

I can just foresee the situation in June where we have no manager and only two or three players if Fenty doesn't act now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 218
Tommy
February 22, 2016, 8:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Decent post Bigdog.

Your second paragraph is something that I've thought of and which concerns me too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 218
ginnywings
February 22, 2016, 8:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
5 years ago tomorrow, Neil Woods was sacked having just drawn 1-1 with relegation strugglers Forest Green Rovers. We were 9th in the league.

Today, 5 years on, we are 3rd, 9 points better off than 9th placed Braintree. I'll leave you to decide whether Hurst has done a good job or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 218
chaos33
February 22, 2016, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Bigdog
It is admirable to believe that Hurst should have until the end of the season, but I think the writing is on the wall for everyone to see. He's lost the dressing room and lost the majority support of fans. We have enough points in hand to give a new manager a chance to get us promoted. Everything now seems so stale.

Where the "give Hurst until the end of the season" argument falls down is the following scenario. If we do not get promoted and he gets the sack where will that leave us? Only one player left on contract, Omar, the rest, free agents. During the time it will take to appoint a new manager our best players will have moved on and will shy away from any uncertainty. If we get a new manager in now, at least the players will be offered some continuity. IF Fenty does choose well then I don't think the new manager will have any less of a chance than Hurst to get us promoted. A freshen up is what we and the players need. A new manager may also pull a couple of gems in the loan market off, players he knows well and trusts.

I'm not anti- Hurst, even though I think he's always been uninspiring and one dimensional.  I'm just realistically and passionately pro-GTFC and don't think Hurst will ever deliver what we desperately need. A win against Woking won't change our long term future. It will delay our club's best interests.

I can just foresee the situation in June where we have no manager and only one player if Fenty doesn't act now.

Excellent post IMO.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 218
Mariner_09
February 22, 2016, 9:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Bigdog

Where the "give Hurst until the end of the season" argument falls down is the following scenario. If we do not get promoted and he gets the sack where will that leave us? Only one player left on contract, Omar, the rest, free agents. During the time it will take to appoint a new manager our best players will have moved on and will shy away from any uncertainty. If we get a new manager in now, at least the players will be offered some continuity. IF Fenty does choose well then I don't think the new manager will have any less of a chance than Hurst to get us promoted. A freshen up is what we and the players need. A new manager may also pull a couple of gems in the loan market off, players he knows well and trusts.

I can just foresee the situation in June where we have no manager and only one player if Fenty doesn't act now.

Pearson and Gowling have contracts for next year plus we will have options on some contracts.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 218
Vance Warner
February 22, 2016, 9:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Bigdog

The best post I've seen arguing for a change. Nice to see a well constructed argument which doesn't show a personal dislike of Hurst or pour scorn on anyone with a different point of view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.