Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Hurst Out!

This thread currently has 40,814 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners_15
April 2, 2016, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete
You cannot get rid now ,

BUT

His time must be up if he fails to get us back in the league this season,

Even then Pete I still hope we get rid, I'm sick to the back teeth of the guy now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 218
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2016, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Let's be brutally honest, would anyone on here have supported Hurst had he signed Parslow ahead of say, Gowling or Tait? No, is the answer, yet he had a simple nights work last night, because he was playing in a team where everyone knew their job, and most importantly, played to their strengths. I don't blame Toto, or Monkey for playing when clearly wasn't fit, but decisions like these are why we will stil be in this league whilst Hurst is manager.
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 218
lew chaterleys lover
April 2, 2016, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from grimsby pete
You cannot get rid now ,

BUT

His time must be up if he fails to get us back in the league this season,

The way I see it we have a couple of options.

We can sit back and let the season meander to its conclusion (good or bad)

Or we could (if I was Fenty) have a meeting with the manager and have a frank discussion about what is going on (there is obviously something not quite right behind the scenes)

If that meeting goes badly, we could remove Hurst now and put Doig in charge for the remaining games. Having seen the players close up he might be able to fit our best players into a unit to rediscover our form and give the fans some hope to make and win the play offs.

It would be a gamble and some would say harsh on Hurst, but professional football is a harsh business. A few weeks ago I would say certainly give Hurst till the end of the season, but he seems to be a manger under pressure who cannot see the woods for the trees.
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 218
Meza
April 2, 2016, 1:06pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Your not going to help the board make a decision on here.  It can only be done verbally or through protest at matches, by which not everyone will be on board.  Ticket sales could make a difference.  The board probably still see PH as the best option out there.  For me he is a very capable manager but things just feel stale for me and fresh ideas are needed PH hasn't helped the relationship with the fans.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 218
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2016, 1:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Hursts a steady Eddie percentage manager who likes steady Eddie players who do a steady Eddie job . Weaker team in all departments than last year and going into the playoffs on a downward spiral of form can only result in an early departure from the playoffs at the semi final stage . It's so blindingly obvious what's going to happen it's a joke .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 218
lew chaterleys lover
April 2, 2016, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Meza
Your not going to help the board make a decision on here.  It can only be done verbally or through protest at matches, by which not everyone will be on board.  Ticket sales could make a difference.  The board probably still see PH as the best option out there.  For me he is a very capable manager but things just feel stale for me and fresh ideas are needed PH hasn't helped the relationship with the fans.

Yes but we are at the eleventh hour aren't we? The non chairman is in charge and should take important decisions. He wont of course, he would rather give out meaningless drivel on a cringeworthy video statement.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 218
Meza
April 2, 2016, 1:20pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
I would be amazed if we went up....on previous playoffs haven't we been in good form going into the playoffs but losing in the final.  Maybe being out of form will work opposite lol

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 218
cmackenzie4
April 2, 2016, 2:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
The thing is John Feny has to admit there is a problem, Just maybe he is happy with our position & situation - who knows!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 218
chaos33
April 2, 2016, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
If we are still on track for a shot at the plays offs then both Fenty and Hurst will be satisfied. Based on what they have both said publicly this is surely an indisputable fact in terms of being their assessment of where we are at. All of this other dissatisfied and angry comment they will just see as negativity from a 'small section' of fans, and they will say it contributes to below par performances. It's just how the club see it, and it's infuriating.

I think that the hopes and ambitions and standards of the supporters are much higher than that of the board and manager, and this, as much as anything else is holding us back. I've said it 100 times before, but we are not being led with any real drive, or ruthless, steely determination or confidence! We don't think or act like winners. Until we get people in who do, we're going nowhere IMO.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 218
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 2, 2016, 4:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Had enough tbh. I suppose am lucky in the fact I don't have to put up with stuff week in week out. Someone show him the way to Notts county please!!!!

Then again, am being spoilt aren't i

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out!

Thread Rating

There have been 6 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.