Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 181 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,973 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
April 11, 2015, 6:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from chaos33
The doubts have always been there for me - I'll be honest and say I'm not a Hurst fan, but they had started to dissipate, to be replaced by optimism and belief. Probably much the same as many others. And now reality has bitten back. I've never honestly been convinced that Hurst has what it takes to get us promoted and I'm still not. It's not as if this latest home performance is a 'one off'. It's a recurring symptom of a problem.

Assuming belief in the old adage that once they cross the white line the players have to take responsibility can I just ask what you would have done differently to Hurst to try to get them going today? Serious question.

I actually thought Mackreth did better at full back than he did in his normal position.

Brown was way beyond awful.

Those around me thought Macca should have done better with the goal but I'm not sure...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 113
Mrs Doyle
April 11, 2015, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from alvinghammariner

We watched different games! His worst game in a town top IMO, kept getting turned constantly.

Remember he made one world class last ditch tackle he had no right to win which resulted in him getting injured that was worth man of the match alone. The windy conditions were a nightmare defending the osmond end but Wrexham coped a lot better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 113
Maringer
April 11, 2015, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from barralad

Those around me thought Macca should have done better with the goal but I'm not sure...

I don't think he had a chance with that at all. An excellent and accurate finish. Plenty of criticism for the defenders for making no effort to close him down at all, but none for McKeown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 113
Tangerine Chris
April 11, 2015, 6:31pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
audioboom.com/boos/3074839-gtfc-manager-paul-hurst-talking-to-humbersidesport-after-their-1-0-defeat-to-

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 113
the driver
April 11, 2015, 6:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
My take on the match
The wind spoiled the game
The pitch too dry
The ref was awful
They wanted the game more than town
Very poor from town
Craig Clay  should play every game
Some may agree some may disagree just my thoughts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 113
chaos33
April 11, 2015, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Ok, fair enough. It's the players fault. They take responsibility. Just as they do for the other 6 home league defeats too yeah?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 113
essexexile
April 11, 2015, 6:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Don't think we had a shot on target 1st half and only troubled their keeper when Hannah crossed to their near post in the 2nd
We didn't create anything really but just hoofed it to Lenny and Olly which their 2 at the back swallowed up
Very poor - Town looked like a mid-table side going thro the motions in an end of season nothing to play for game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 113
DNMariner
April 11, 2015, 6:38pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
I honestly got the impression today that the mentality of the squad is 'we're in the play-offs, that'll do'. I saw no desire to win, just a tremendous apathy when on the ball, and even more apathy when trying to win it back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 113
chaos33
April 11, 2015, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Exactly. Winners mentality. Champions ethos. Swagger. It ain't there and it's never been there.

I'm sorry everyone. We just fell out of title contention with a f*cking whimper, and I'm angry about it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 113
ginnywings
April 11, 2015, 6:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

Assuming belief in the old adage that once they cross the white line the players have to take responsibility can I just ask what you would have done differently to Hurst to try to get them going today? Serious question.

I actually thought Mackreth did better at full back than he did in his normal position.

Brown was way beyond awful.

Don't think he is specifically talking about today. It's a recurring problem Hurst has failed to fix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.