Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 317 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,970 views. Print
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 12, 2015, 9:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Who has stated that we'll win the play offs? The only statements of certainty I've read are from those who say we can't. I remain convinced we have a chance because before yesterday we had won 8 out of 10 games and drawn the other two making us the form team in the division. I think the team and manager deserve a bit more faith and support than being written off after one shitty performance.

If only it were just the one. As good as the recent run has been, too many points have slipped past to give ourselves a fighting chance of the title, which a real shame. It just all seems very deja vu to me. We were challenging at the top all too briefly.

Anyway, it's all academic now. Some are happy with the way the season has panned out and some aren't. Some think Hurst is a good manager and some don't. Guess we'll just have to wait and see which Town turns up for the crunch games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 113
chaos33
April 12, 2015, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Agree totally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 113
Maringer
April 12, 2015, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Unfortunately, I haven't thought we were really good enough to go up as Champions at any point this season. We've been much improved since the arrival of Palmer and Robertson, hence the recent fantastic run of form, but I still wouldn't say we've looked to be a really good side. Capable, yes, but with too many weaknesses which have appeared too often.

If Robertson is out with injury for the rest of the season (as seems possible), that could be a big loss. Magnay is a capable replacement on the left but there is a lot of doubt in my mind whether Bignot or Parslow are good enough full-backs to help the team progress through the play-offs.

Fingers-crossed all will go OK, I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 113
Garth
April 13, 2015, 8:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Bignot Will not be match fit unless played for the last two games, Parslow almost the same, they need some game time before the playoffs starting Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 113
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.