Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 160 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,894 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
April 12, 2015, 8:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

He made a mistake, whether he admits it or not.

What he said was " if I didn't make the substitution we could've lost the game"

Not that we were cruising and Chester not having a shot at goal......yeah he copulated it right up big time

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 113
Rodley Mariner
April 12, 2015, 8:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from ginnywings
What we do emphatically know is that we threw away 2 points at Chester and that is squarely down to the manager, no question. We then take one point from 2 middle of the table, going nowhere teams at home. Right there is seven lost points and being top of the table with 2 games left. It was there for the taking and we couldn't get up for it in the last 2 home games.

On the other hand, we have emphatically beaten and outplayed the league leaders twice, proving to me that we are a better side than they are, yet we struggle to dispatch some very mediocre sides at home with the ease that Barnet seem to (mostly) manage to do.

If we can play as poorly as we did against Wrexham and for half a game against Gateshead, why are people so positive that we will win the play offs?

Who has stated that we'll win the play offs? The only statements of certainty I've read are from those who say we can't. I remain convinced we have a chance because before yesterday we had won 8 out of 10 games and drawn the other two making us the form team in the division. I think the team and manager deserve a bit more faith and support than being written off after one shitty performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 113
Teestogreen
April 12, 2015, 9:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from barralad

I don't bother marking up or down but by referencing to Dis being on the bench as though that was part of the problem might be one reason why you say you've accumulated crosses.

For what it's worth I thought we'd bottomed out the issue of Dis's value to the team this season. Personally I dread to think where we might be were it not for his contribution...

Having said that I was surprised Clay didn't play yesterday after Alfie although I don't think he's been airbrushed out. Brown comfortably the worst Town player for me although he was a contender for MOM in his previous two appearances. Who'd be a manager....   

I'm not saying that Dis is not of value to the team - because he obviously is - but the 2 games this season, where Town have scored more than 3 goals (in fact 7), Dis didn't start and others did (and played brilliantly). (not a coincidence i.m.o.) We are now at the business end of the season, and it looks highly likely that Town are not going to get automatic promotion (after a very good run of results recently). We need a high energy fit bunch of players to put us on the front foot in the first leg of our first play off game - lets go for it - for a change. Dis can win us games off the bench i.m.o. but lets have a line up that's fit, fast, positive, eaten red meat and ready to go for the jugular.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 113
Rodley Mariner
April 12, 2015, 9:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
For me dropping Disley would be utter madness. Head and shoulders our best central midfielder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 113
ackomariner
April 12, 2015, 9:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
For me dropping Disley would be utter madness. Head and shoulders our best central midfielder.

This......first on the team sheet for me

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 113
Maringer
April 12, 2015, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
As I've noted in the past, I reckon that Disley is both our quickest and most mobile central midfielder and he's not far off 34 years old! Definitely our best player in the middle of the park though he does have the odd off day and yesterday was certainly one of them.

I think there are questions to be asked about the general fitness of both Brown and Clay.

Thought the Wrexham No. 8 was very good yesterday. Covered no end of ground, pressured our players when they had the ball, won loads of tackles and linked up play well. Pretty much everything that our own midfielders failed to achieve!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 113
Rodley Mariner
April 12, 2015, 9:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Jay Harris I think. Him and Keates have been a good pair fir them for a few seasons though it's done them no good this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 113
chaos33
April 12, 2015, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Who has stated that we'll win the play offs? The only statements of certainty I've read are from those who say we can't. I remain convinced we have a chance because before yesterday we had won 8 out of 10 games and drawn the other two making us the form team in the division. I think the team and manager deserve a bit more faith and support than being written off after one shitty performance.

In all fairness though, who's written us off?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 113
barralad
April 12, 2015, 9:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Teestogreen

I'm not saying that Dis is not of value to the team - because he obviously is - but the 2 games this season, where Town have scored more than 3 goals (in fact 7), Dis didn't start and others did (and played brilliantly). (not a coincidence i.m.o.) We are now at the business end of the season, and it looks highly likely that Town are not going to get automatic promotion (after a very good run of results recently). We need a high energy fit bunch of players to put us on the front foot in the first leg of our first play off game - lets go for it - for a change. Dis can win us games off the bench i.m.o. but lets have a line up that's fit, fast, positive, eaten red meat and ready to go for the jugular.

UTM

That line up also included a certain midfielder no longer at the club. Out of interest who would you play in Dis's place?  BTW I also don't buy into the idea that somehow Dis isn't fit.or fast

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 113
Teestogreen
April 12, 2015, 9:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Absolutely - Neilson was outstanding - he had to go.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.