Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 198 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,969 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
April 11, 2015, 11:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Teestogreen
If we revert back to the basic line up in the 7 goal displays earlier in the season - (is it a coincidence Craig D was on the bench for both?), I think Town can be on the front foot to see off the opponents in the play offs.

Points have been accumulated with a compact brand of football, pinching goals as and when (usually Craig being the hero in this type of scenario), but a brutal approach to seeing off opponents is needed in the play offs - must break the mould of the last 2 seasons.

Also, this has to be done quickly to get the fans back on board  

Don't understand - this is a positive post. I want Town to be promoted. I'll be at Southport next week to assess the improvement - (hopefully).

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 113
Badger57
April 11, 2015, 11:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Seven defeats at home is APPALLING in a poor league like this from a team that  wins the vast majority of its away games tells you everything you need to know.
There's only person to blame. The one who has a complete inability to produce a team capable of beating teams who come to BP knowing full well that the home manager only knows how to play one way. They come well practiced and stick to their plan A knowing that nothing else needs to be done because the home team has no plan B. Ever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 113
Teestogreen
April 11, 2015, 11:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Teestogreen
If we revert back to the basic line up in the 7 goal displays earlier in the season - (is it a coincidence Craig D was on the bench for both?), I think Town can be on the front foot to see off the opponents in the play offs.

Points have been accumulated with a compact brand of football, pinching goals as and when (usually Craig being the hero in this type of scenario), but a brutal approach to seeing off opponents is needed in the play offs - must break the mould of the last 2 seasons.

Also, this has to be done quickly to get the fans back on board  

Don't care - whichever moderator is marking this down - this is the truth. Clay is the real deal for us (having been very important in those games) and for some reason is being air-brushed out at the vital time of the season. MISTAKE! i.m.o.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 113
Maringer
April 12, 2015, 12:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ackomariner

Don't get me started on Lewis  

LJL was very poor today.

But still better than Palmer who did absolutely nothing, but with less effort.

Hardly a surprise the team were so bad, really, especially when you consider how inept the midfield played.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 113
Youngy
April 12, 2015, 1:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from RoboCod
It is, and always has been the awful lack of goals when needed that is killing us. Look at the latest scoring stats;

31 Akinde(Barnet)
23 Parkin(Forest Green)
23 Rendell(Woking)

No Town player in the top 5, and then the most ridiculous stat, the 5th placed top scorer..

17 Gray (Telford)

17 for a relegated side! How hard is it to get a team scoring?

But there relegated and were 3rd? We're also above Forrest Green and Woking? Yes a goal scorer would help but I'm sure Woking, Forest Green and Telford would rather swap postion with us

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 113
Mrs Doyle
April 12, 2015, 6:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The worst thing was we never created any chances and the hopeful hoof into a strong wind is absolutely useless. First half strong wind behind us not one player tried his luck unlike Wrexham who had two or three punts.

Scotty was getting crowded out in midfield he did try though and I will repeat again OUR SET PIECES NEED ATTENTION they are abysmal. It's no good having a six foot plus attacker if your crosses, corners and free kicks don't even beat the first man or go sailing into the stands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 113
arryarryarry
April 12, 2015, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer

LJL was very poor today.

But still better than Palmer who did absolutely nothing, but with less effort.

Hardly a surprise the team were so bad, really, especially when you consider how inept the midfield played.

I think Palmer had one shot at goal, LJL did fuckall.

Private Message
Reply: 66 - 113
Madeleymariner
April 12, 2015, 11:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
From people who were there I have spoken to Palmer was slow, uninterested and lazy, at least Lewis put some effort in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 113
arryarryarry
April 12, 2015, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Madeleymariner
From people who were there I have spoken to Palmer was slow, uninterested and lazy, at least Lewis put some effort in

So where  you actually there?
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 113
rancido
April 12, 2015, 11:15am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from chaos33

Look, I know what you're saying Barra and I agree with you, but we've had a hell of a lot of 'one offs' at home this year that the players need to shoulder the blame for.

In fact, we've only won 11 out of our 22 home games so far. 50%. We've lost 7. That's some weak showing from a proud club like ours with the resources we've got.

Of course, the real point is, had today been an actual 'one off' (or even two or 'three-off'), we could have blamed the players for their lack of application today and let them shoulder the due criticism, but we've lost 7 times at home! We've only won half of our home games! That's a pattern.

Now, let's get real about about this - this is a telling fact when it comes to assessing our prowess overall. and to me, it says that something is fundamentally wrong in the way we're approaching home games. It's not the supporters, and it's not luck, and it's not referees. You're always going to lose a game or two or three at home, even if you're a top team, but to be chasing promotion and lose 7?! To only win half your home games?! Come on. Something is wrong. Blame the players today if you like, but take a look at the big picture. What else is going on there to explain this?

We've just played Gateshead (check out their great result today), and Wrexham at home in front of big, supportive crowds and turned in about half an hour of decent football across both matches. Absolutely crucial games against very average teams. Now, other people might be able to be philosphical about that, and be chuffed that we're in the play offs, but for me, we should have been going all out for a title challenge and should be doing much, much better at home and in these last two crucial games in particular. When it really, really mattered, we picked up one point out of six available. And it's goodbye automatic promotion.

I respect you and I know you have a vast football experience and knowledge, much the same as BigChris, and I agree with many things that you say, but somebody here is hiding from the truth.

I know what you are saying but even after those previous home defeats we were still in with a good shout at the top spot. Yesterdays performance was poor and that must come down to the players. Regardless of what PH plans his strategy on or his substitutions , he can't be responsible for PROFESSIONAL footballers not doing the basics that they have been trained to do all their careers. Short passes , misdirected passes , failing to support isolated players, not closing down opposing players. These were very much in evidence yesterday and if the players can't get the basics right , no matter who is picked or the game plan, then they will fail.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.