Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 188 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 13,896 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 12, 2015, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think Palmer had one shot at goal, LJL did fuckall.

LJL laid off the ball well for that Palmer 'effort'. About the best bit of play he managed, actually. Perfectly set up for a left-footed strike at the edge of the box - Palmer decided to use the outside of his right foot to chip it well over (and possibly wide). As I said, LJL was very poor yesterday, but Palmer was worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 113
friskneymariner
April 12, 2015, 11:43am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Bet somebody's sphincter is feeling much more relaxed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 113
Freemoash88
April 12, 2015, 12:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Does anyone else get frustrated at times when Macca hesitates to give a quick ball out to start a counter attack off ? but instead keeps hold of the ball and waits to give the long ball up to Palmer or Lenny?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 113
Grimal
April 12, 2015, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
    Quoted from Madeleymariner
    From people who were there I have spoken to Palmer was slow, uninterested and lazy, at least Lewis put some effort in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where  you actually there?[quote=142]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps Madeleymariner wasn't at the match but I definitely was and he is spot on, Palmer looked disinterested and I would have thought he would've put a good shift in to try and prove he's worth a punt for a contract with us next season,as I wouldn't think Mansfield will retain him next season and on a showing like yesterday I personally wouldn't want him here.For a tall lad he doesn't win that many headers,even against shorter opponents.His body language tells me he thinks he's a better player than he really is. What ever league we are in next season we will need to have a complete sort out in the striker department.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 113
highcliff mariner
April 12, 2015, 12:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Well I thought they were both poor , I've seen a post on here somewhere that claims Lenny won everything and was by far our best player . I must have been in the queue for (insert any of the chaotic queues in the upper) .
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 113
barralad
April 12, 2015, 12:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

So where  you actually there?

Blimey this board wouldn't exist if only people who were at games commented....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 113
barralad
April 12, 2015, 12:46pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Teestogreen

Don't care - whichever moderator is marking this down - this is the truth. Clay is the real deal for us (having been very important in those games) and for some reason is being air-brushed out at the vital time of the season. MISTAKE! i.m.o.

UTM

I don't bother marking up or down but by referencing to Dis being on the bench as though that was part of the problem might be one reason why you say you've accumulated crosses.

For what it's worth I thought we'd bottomed out the issue of Dis's value to the team this season. Personally I dread to think where we might be were it not for his contribution...

Having said that I was surprised Clay didn't play yesterday after Alfie although I don't think he's been airbrushed out. Brown comfortably the worst Town player for me although he was a contender for MOM in his previous two appearances. Who'd be a manager....   

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 113
barralad
April 12, 2015, 12:48pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Freemoash88
Does anyone else get frustrated at times when Macca hesitates to give a quick ball out to start a counter attack off ? but instead keeps hold of the ball and waits to give the long ball up to Palmer or Lenny?

One of the few areas I agree with Pontoonlew and Johnny on is the ponderous nature of our build up. It is very frustrating when we go forward and then come backwards only to end up hoofing it to no-one in particular..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 113
grimsby pete
April 12, 2015, 1:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from arryarryarry

So where  you actually there?

I was there and I thought LJL did make an effort although he had a poor game,

Palmer on the other hand was waiting for someone to give him a chance,

SO if I was the manager I would have took Palmer off and left LJL on,

I would like to see Hannah have a couple of full games at Southport and home to Aldershot,

He looked sharp when he came on and always gives 100%

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 113
April 12, 2015, 1:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
It's the first PH interview in my memory when he's accepted that it wasn't good enough. Let's hope that he's got the balls to put it right.

Its not his balls that are the problem its his brains, too many changes to the team when we need consistancy leading up to the run in.
Reply: 79 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.