8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 18, 2015, 12:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Despite the comments that have been coming from within the club and some on here, that game just showed what the fans can be like if the players man up and perform like that most games.

Much better than recent when we get at the opposition and put them under pressure.

Magnay again great and well on the way to being player of the season although for me I would have given motm to Palmer for his contribution, seems a long time since a centre forward has worried the opposition defence like that.

Mackreth had his best game for a while but Arnold seems to switch off for me at times when he should have done better.

Still think we need a proper right back as despite Toto letting Akinde get the better of him for the penalty, Parslow was awol from his position again.

The players and Paul Hurst can sit back tonight and take the plaudits but they must show the same level of performance in the next league game whenever that may be.

Oh and not that impressed by Barnet if I'm honest.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
EY Mariner
January 18, 2015, 12:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Think I'll let a Town tie say everything for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
arryarryarry
January 18, 2015, 2:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
So Town fans are the only ones that moan at  their team even though we are in fourth place when things don't go right.

Barnet top by 5 points and plenty moaning at players, performance, and manager's team selection and tactics.

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8855&start=150
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
Youngy
January 18, 2015, 9:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Tom13
Doig stands up and shouts every game anyway doesn't he? I didn't notice anything different to usual from him other than Hurst wasn't next to him.

I sit just behind the dug out for most games and whilst Doig does shout alot usually, I noticed he was giving more instructions out yesterday, bringing players over to the bench and encouraging them to push forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
RoboCod
January 18, 2015, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Nice to see opposition fans moaning about the standard of their corners They were poor in that respect, Akinde surely should be making corners terrifying but he was well marshalled throughout. Towns corners were better, not the best but not stand-out awful like recent games. Really not much to criticise about the display, hope Hurst and Doig can re-create that setup and approach, especially against the lower placed clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
rancido
January 18, 2015, 11:44am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club

To be fair when The Dynamic Duo ( Scott & Hurst ) first came here they said they would try this but to my knowledge they never did.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.