barralad
January 17, 2015, 5:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well I really enjoyed that...

Cannot add much to what has already been written.

Barnet's defence was shocking. The number 6 made McNulty of Luton look like Twiggy and didn't have a tenth of his application.

Pleased for Mackreth and Arnold after recent games.

LJL got through so much work today.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
RichMariner
January 17, 2015, 5:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I watched it on BT Sport and was impressed by the whole team's performance.

As others have said, aside from that moment of poor defending by Toto, we controlled that match brilliantly against the division's best team.

I thought Palmer just had that extra bit of quality about him. Looks like he could be an important player for us if he can repeat that display.

He drew some praise from the commentary team actually, for his willingness to run and run and run, and defend from the front. Sometimes when you bring a player like that into the side - someone like Shane Long, who chases everything - it raises the energy levels of others.

Brown and Disley looked accomplished in midfield, while Mackreth and Arnold posed them problems from out wide.

I'm also pleased for Mackreth - he has got a bit of criticism, but since the end of November he's been chipping in with goals, and he's got his fair share of assists too.

McKeown didn't have to do much. Thought Pearson was superb - and I thought that was a naughty challenge by Akinde. Looked like he knew exactly what he was doing. I bet he's not used to being snuffed out of games like that.

Magnay was excellent.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
Grimal
January 17, 2015, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Just had a quick search through the threads and can't find any posts from Mr Springsteen, would love to hear his views on todays performance, if he was watching the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 17, 2015, 5:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grimal
Just had a quick search through the threads and can't find any posts from Mr Springsteen, would love to hear his views on todays performance, if he was watching the game.

Maybe he's Back In The USA?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
horsforthmariner
January 17, 2015, 5:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,599
Gold Stars: 9
Thought we were excellent today. Think Hurst and the team deserve a lot of the credit.

Shop and Palmer worked really well together and I hope we can keep these together. Arnold and Magnay were also excellent. Our worst player was Mckeown - just didn't do anything  -  

I though Barnet looked a good side for the 20 minutes before half time an 5 minutes, I an see why they are top of the league. Cook looked quality and Akinde's movement was good but our third killed them off. Allen played right into our hands by going 4-2-4 creating space in the middle of the park which Arnold and Mackraith flourished with.

I think this result shows why we do better away and against good sides. When teams attack us we are good enough to soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter when they're stretched. But when team sit deep we just don't have another way to break them down. I think against average sides we need to look at playing 4-3-3 with neilson sitting behind our front pair.

One final point - our effort was superb and our fitness was excellent - would we have been able to do this had we played Gateshead midweek? I think we got slightly lucky there and it is something for Hurst (and Fenty to ponder).

Anyway onwards and upwards. if we win our games in hand and beat them at he Hive we are only 3 points behind them - but that's a big IF.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
friskneymariner
January 17, 2015, 5:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Grimal

Perhaps he's Growin Up.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
barralad
January 17, 2015, 5:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

We live in hope but I suspect he has an open return ticket for the next defeat...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
friskneymariner
January 17, 2015, 5:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from barralad

We live in hope but I suspect he has an open return ticket for the next defeat...

Well Its Hard to be a Saint.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
cmackenzie4
January 17, 2015, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34

Or Dancing in the dark?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
mariner83
January 17, 2015, 6:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/x21kox.jpg[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.