This thread currently has 10,929 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Bruce Springsteen
January 17, 2015, 7:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
useful 3 points, and obviously a better performance....not getting carried away, could easilly miss out on POFFS, if recent form comes back to haunt us...

one swallow...

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
MuddyWaters
January 17, 2015, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Great result and performance, really wish we were out of the Trophy. Have been told that Mr F has targeted at least one trip to Wembley for financial reasons obviously.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
friskneymariner
January 17, 2015, 7:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Bruce Springsteen
useful 3 points, and obviously a better performance....not getting carried away, could easilly miss out on POFFS, if recent form comes back to haunt us...

one swallow...

Hurst out

You are just being a Cautious Man.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
bradzmilne
January 17, 2015, 8:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Well, that was in one word brilliant,
Hursty wonders why we as a group of fans get frustrated and moan, well truth be told its because we can do that. and truth be told i still think we had another gear to go into if was required.
Crowd was fantastic, positive vibes from fans rubbing off on players?
Palmer was different class, he's play back to goal 30/40 yards out was absolutely sublime. Between him and shop, Barnet's defense just had too much to deal with and allowed Arnold and Mackreth too much space and time. Just allowed us to get in behind time and time again.
Brown and Disley ran the show, clearly saw how much luck wingers were having early doors and kept spreading the ball out wide time and time again.
Defense had little to do, mopped up well. In all fairness I was very impressed the way we played out from the back instead of hitting it long every time.
We don't get many nights like this as a town fan these days, embrace it lads. UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
pontoonlew
January 17, 2015, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,997
Gold Stars: 171
I stayed away today, stuff like today could tempt me back much much quicker. Hopefully we can finally kick on from here (about the 5th time I've said that this season )

Good to see Palmer impressed and delighted for Mackreth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
RoboCod
January 17, 2015, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
My lad, unfamiliar with Palmer, jokingly asked me how we'd managed to get Zlatan  
A nickname is born..hope he can keep doing what he's doing, a real handful.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 17, 2015, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Played golf, a bit nippy to say the least, and then just got back to watch game on tv. Thought best game seen us play this season and after being critical of players I want to say that Mckreth andLJL were excellent today and LJL made Akinde look ordinary. Thought we played to Mckreth's strength by getting a number of balls inside the full back which allowed him the opportunity to use his pace.

Failed to deliver decent crosses from both wings on a number of occasions which would have allowed us the chance to really whup em but minor issue in the scheme of things today.

Double edged sword as PH fans will say whats wrong whereas us detractors will ask why is it not like this 80% of the time, but not a time to dwell on what ifs lets just enjoy a great rssult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Jarmo.Is.God
January 17, 2015, 9:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
People saying doig did wonders on touchline, I agree, but you see a different game in the stands and fair play to Hurst for doing it and it worked, credit to both
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
LH
January 17, 2015, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,501
Gold Stars: 173
Cynically I think Hurst has moved to the stands to stop people criticising his touchline demeanour. Passion and management styles are not always displayed by being a shouty, arm wavy person.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
moosey_club
January 17, 2015, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
People saying doig did wonders on touchline, I agree, but you see a different game in the stands and fair play to Hurst for doing it and it worked, credit to both

wonder where they dreamed that idea up...

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1420274533//id-923452

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.